Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BBQing season........
GOLD GRILL
*ASSHOLE*

Mood: The Shins

[*] posted on 4-16-2006 at 01:23 AM
BBQing season........

I noticed in an earlier thread a mention of it being bbq season. No where is this more true right now than for Texas. It'll be hotter than fuck in a month so now is the perfect time to fire up the pit. Last weekend we did a free bbq at the madball show; courtesy of GAMC (public relations deal). I grilled two cornish hens for my wife and I tonight. I am doing a 10 pound brisket for my family tommorrow on the smoker pit (using pecan). This will be a 12 hour affair and I will take pics to post up on here. I'll also be doing chicken wings and kabobs on the small grill. I'm trying to see how many times I can bbq before I go back offshore. Next year I am going to go in on a cow with my buddy. If anyone on here has pics of them grilling, post them up on here.

I just can\'t seem to STAND STILL
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-16-2006 at 08:39 AM

Good fuckin idea. I'd like to know how to do ribs. Is it a good idea to do them on a gas grille? Or should I get a charcoal grille to make ribs? Whats a good method for ribs?

I'm the king of grilled chicken marinades.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
GOLD GRILL
*ASSHOLE*

Mood: The Shins

[*] posted on 4-16-2006 at 08:49 AM

since a rack of ribs is a large cut of meat, it's best to sear the outside at high heat for 10-15 minutes on either side. Then wrap them in foil and leave them on for an hour or two (the longer the better, in my opinion). The meat will be more tender the longer you leave the ribs on the grill. Add your serving sauce to the ribs about ten minutes before pulling them off of the grill. This is just one of many ways to cook ribs. Foil is a great way to make a makeshift oven inside your pit. It also keeps your meat from drying out. I always use a woodburning smoker or a charcoal pit to cook because it adds flavor to the food, a gas grill will work fine too.

I just can\'t seem to STAND STILL
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2006 at 10:08 AM

The way I've been doing ribs for years is this...

Get a big pan...a cookie sheet will even work. Use enough foil to line the pan (who likes doing dishes?) AND cover the ribs, basically your going to encapsulate the ribs in the foil.

Season them with whatever rub your using if you are using one, put them in the lined pan pour half a bottle of beer in the package and wrap/cover the ribs up.

Bake them on 175 for like 4 hours. This seems like a long time and it is...throw the things in the oven when you wake up and they'll be ready when you need em.

When you're ready for em on the grill, sear them to your preference and then put them on a higher rack and start sloping on the sauce flipping them occasionally for about 30-40 minutes...depending on how much sauce you like.

Its impossible to screw this up and the meat will always fall right off the bone.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-16-2006 at 10:14 AM

Probably my favorite thing to grill though is sausage and peppers...there is absolutley nothing better on a humid 90 degree Chicago afternoon than a sausage and pepper sandwich and a 30 pack of ice cold Pabst Blue Ribbon. Add a Sox game on the radio into the equation and I'd tell jenna Jameson to go bother someone else.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 4-16-2006 at 10:28 AM

All of this sounds good.
I'm hungry.

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 4-17-2006 at 09:02 AM

Brawts are great on the grille. With some thick ass grilled onions and green peppers and horsradish mustard. ALLLLLL SHIT!!!!!!! I might grille tonight.

thanks for the grilling techniques on ribs. the size of ribs intimidated me from buying them. I loe some fucking ribs though. I got to make them. I copied both the techniques so I will try them both this summer.

thanks again. And keep this thread alive all summer. I also want to do some big ass shrimp I've been eyeing at the SAMS CLUB lately. Never made that either.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-17-2006 at 12:58 PM

My grill is small as hell. I just cut the slabs in thirds to cook them, easier to handle that way too at all stages of cooking.

Go To Top