Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Celebrating my daughter's second birthday.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 12:32 PM

SECOND MONTH

The first is my favorite picture from her hospital stay.

Finally started moving her away from the feeding tube and over to the bottle after about two months.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 12:43 PM

Its so beautiful and so sad at the same time. Congratulations Duane, you've got a very special litle girl!!

Come on people.... Donate!!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 12:48 PM

THIRD MONTH

By July, she was getting a bottle regularly and had been moved out of the isolet and into a crib (you BMXers will notice that the crib is HARO brand). She was pretty much over the apnea by now and her heart surgery was deemed successful.

The most dire time was around the six to ten week range. She had gotten an infection that caused kidney failure and some scarring of her liver. There are some long term issues with that, but by now, we just wanted to get her home.

The last photo was taken the day before we took her home. Look at the size of that stomach! It was filled with air and her kidneys and liver were still swollen from the infection.

So after 92 days in the hospital, she was actually discharged about a week before her original due date.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 01:42 PM

big D how about a recent pics I wan to forward this to my wife and she is on a board called syber moms
they do all kind of fund raising and such and would mos def help out
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 01:52 PM

cool. i'll upload happier, more recent shot a little later.
thanks for the help.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 09:58 PM

You've got me all misty eyed Duane.... I need to scrape together some dough to donate....

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-28-2006 at 11:28 AM

For as upsetting as Sadie's ordeal was, a big reason why we do this every year is for the kids that don't do as well as her. The kids that don't survive birth. The kids that go home blind. The kids diagnosed with cerebral palsy. To me, that's just as much of a reason for us to participate in this event as doing it for our own daughter. Believe me, I know just how fucking lucky we are!

upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 4-28-2006 at 11:47 AM

You're a good man.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 4-28-2006 at 11:51 AM

Thanks for sharing this with us Big D, that is some very personal stuff and I am honored you felt comfortable enough to involve us in it. I've read about the ordeal in the past when you posted it but pictures are worth a thousand words right? Your family is blessed for sure, you have one special lil gal on yer hands and she has two very special parents on hers, you guys are all a great display of courage and preserverance, hats off my man, hats off.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-28-2006 at 12:04 PM
The First Year Home

When we got her home, she still only weighed four and a half pounds. We quickly fell into a routine, but it still made for a pretty long day. At first, she was eating every two hours, and it took about an hour to deliver each meal. Plus, she had reflux which yielded constant projectile vomiting (thank god for hardwood floors). Because of all that, we had to go to the doctor's office every other day to make sure she wasn't loosing weight. Plus all the trips to see her specialiasts at the hospital.

Therapy started in the fall, and that was seven hours a week. By Christmas, we had made three trips to the ER and spent another full week in the hospital for some hormonal issues she was having. But, hey, that's the way it goes right? There's not a parent on this board that wouldn't do ten times that for their kid without even thinking.

August '04:

September:

October:

November:

December:

January '05:

February:

March:

April, her first birthday:

Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 4-28-2006 at 03:43 PM

man,those pics are amazing...thanks for sharing.A few years down the road,your daughter will get a real kick out of seeing those pics.

upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 4-29-2006 at 10:39 AM

Oh, buddy. You are gonna' have your hands full, look at the mischief in those eyes. She's beautiful by the way, not that I had to point that out.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-1-2006 at 04:42 PM

YO! My feet are killing me today. Six miles doesn't sound that bad, but for a fat guy....
Anyway, we're up to $3,152. Not fucking shabby. Thanks to all of the Thorp Board members and Thorp Records staff that kicked in. We're still waiting to hear from a few specific people, so I'll give youz a final total in about a week.

http://www.walkamerica.org/teamsadie

More pics coming soon.

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 5-1-2006 at 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
For as upsetting as Sadie's ordeal was, a big reason why we do this every year is for the kids that don't do as well as her. The kids that don't survive birth. The kids that go home blind. The kids diagnosed with cerebral palsy. To me, that's just as much of a reason for us to participate in this event as doing it for our own daughter. Believe me, I know just how fucking lucky we are!

The world need more people with this type of selfless perspective. Not just our society but our whole planet would be in much better shape. Pay it forward folks. Rewards follow but more importantly, help others.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top