Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Starkweather
Unbound

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 11:00 AM
Starkweather

I just got a promo of the new album this week and I have to say that it totally kicks ass. I think this is possibly the best album in this style since say Give them Rope by Coalesce. Not that Starkweather sound like Coalesce, but it reminds me of a time before all metal influenced hardcore sounded like nu-metal or Swedish death metal-lite. I'm not sure when the album hits stores but all of you guys on here need to check it out. One of the best albums I have heard in a long time.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 11:16 AM

Ive got the vinyl and what I assume is an unmastered version of the album on my mp3 player. It's definitely great. I'll be buying it whenever it comes out.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 01:02 PM

this album kicks ass.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
SHAKO KEN

Mood: cynic

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 02:53 PM

it's being released next week, may 2nd. i haven't seen any pre-ordering info so i'll just get it as soon as it's available. todd posted on here that he wasn't totally satisfied with the way it turned out, which i can understand, but it still was my favorite album of last year. and this year too probably. it's just hard to get bored with.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 03:26 PM

I really need to check out more Starkweather. I heard a couple of songs that they posted on their myspace and I really dug them. I should pick up this album.

Where's Todd been anyways? Haven't seen him on here in some time now.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
SHAKO KEN

[*] posted on 5-3-2006 at 12:29 AM

out now on candlelight records. check your record store or amazon etc.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-8-2006 at 11:17 AM

I went to a few stores yesterday looking for this, but nobody had it. Revhq didnt have it last week either, but looks like I'll be ordering it now.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-8-2006 at 11:27 AM

http://www.myspace.com/starkweather666

Sunday, April 30, 2006

May 2nd... robbing and stealing... whole lotta nothing

North America sees the release of croatoan via Candlelight. All grifters and thieves are urged to limit their activities to large chain stores: Tower, Best Buy, etc. Please leave the mom and pop/neighborhood stores alone. These places need the money. Not to mention in light of the internet whether it be online sales or piracy.

While not pirate proof maybe the superb Paul Romano artwork and design may be a worthwhile downloading deterrant. If for nothing else the artwork is worth the price of admission - and that's not a lot, considering we urge you to steal the actual piece of merchandise.

Other than this, there's nothing much to report... there will be some print interviews cropping up here and there... more than likely most won't be seeing the light of day until a month or two or three down the line. Nothing has been scheduled in as far as interviews until May 11.

Shows - nothing. We were hoping for a record release show; but, a lot of personal commitments take precedence. Never you mind what they are.

What is in the pipeline is a weekend in Salt Lake City at the end of the Summer. And, yes, we are on a NYC Emperor date in July. This was sold out in advance... and, judging from the ticket price, it is nothing we can wholeheartedly endorse. It's a privilege to be on the bill and it should be an interesting experience to say the least.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-8-2006 at 12:08 PM

rennie brought me up a copy this weekend
it looks so good
the artwork is unreal
im very happy for them

you come at the king....you best not miss
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-19-2006 at 08:06 PM

I finally got this album in the mail after having it for a little while now... and I just realized that my mp3 player put the songs in alphabetical order instead of their chronological order. I hadn't even noticed. This should be interesting to see how the actual order of the songs changes the feel of the album.
Todd

[*] posted on 5-20-2006 at 05:13 PM

Hola Thorp Bastards...I've been computerless and have moved 3 times in the last 4 months or so. I actually miss some of you crazy fucks so I thought I'd sneak over to the computer at work and say a quick hello. It's weird being on a real label, with real promotion, and interviews and crap like that. Things have been going frighteningly well for us and we should be playing a bunch this summer, even a possible guest spot on the Sounds of the Underground tour in Camden.

Just for the record, I still think metalcore sucks, I still hate bands that wear makeup and tight pants, still hate any punk or hardcore recorded after 1988-1990, and still love animals way more than people. It's nice to be back:mad:
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 5-20-2006 at 11:34 PM

nice to have you back todd, been awhile. good to hear things are goin well for ya man.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
SHAKO KEN

[*] posted on 5-31-2006 at 05:47 PM

for those who missed it, here's the interview todd and vincent did yesterday on wsou radio:

the interview (54 minutes, 25mb)

or
interview without songs for dial-uppers (13mb)
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-31-2006 at 06:11 PM

woah, thanks ken! good find! did you record that as it was broadcast, or did you grab it from somehwere?

SHAKO KEN

[*] posted on 5-31-2006 at 06:34 PM

yeah, i recorded it from the online feed (http://www.nj.com/wsou). thank god for the internet. it's a fun interview, good to hear they've finished some new songs.

Go To Top