Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: pet peeves...
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 09:01 AM

I hate when people drive with one bright headlight and one regular light. It's so fucking annoying when they drive behind me.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
I don't think the "official" part has ever techinically, constitutionally, been "official." English just happens to be the language spoken by the majority of people in the country by way of it having been the language of economy.

That said, I've not once met anyone who literally refuses to learn the language... you get to a certain age and learning another language is quite hard without being completely immersed in the culture. Takes time and people aren't likely to move from a shit-town in Mexico to the US and learn English prior to the move. It just isn't feasible.

This reactionary "speak English or get out" bullshit is just xenophobia and it pisses me off to no end people who are like that. Way to be an ignorant fucktard.

I would not expect to be accepted and given benefits in a foreign country that speaks a language I have no knowledge of. I believe it is wrong to accept and give these people anything if they cant even be bothered to learn the lingo. To call someone an ignorant fucktard because you disagree with them is ignorant. I firmly stand by what I said about learning the English language in this country if you wish to engage in some form of employment or business venture. hell, even if your one of the many who come to exploit our outdated and refrom needing welfare system. The least you can do is learn to beg properly. It's not a fear or dislike of foreign persons for me by any means, I serve in the military and have much respect for people like my friend Piabalo Padaro. let me tell you about Piabalo, he's from Nigeria. He came to the US by enlisting in the Navy. he learned the english language because he knew it was a necessary step in gaining his citizenship and allowed him to communicate in everyday transactions of all kinds. Piabalo is 35, so the age thing is no excuse. If you want it bad enough you can learn a foreign language to get it. Piabalo left poverty and despair and 5 years later is an E-5 with his surface warfare designation in the US Navy, oh yeah, he's a US citizen too. He earned it. More than I can say for the immigrants being crusaded by bleeding hearts lately. I stand by every word of what I just wrote, "fucktard" or not.
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 11:26 AM

Maybe I missed it but I'm surprised no one's posted about the thing in philly lately. Joe Vento, the owner of Geno's Steaks (if you don't know it's a 24 hour cheesesteak place, real yuppy type popular) put a sticker up saying "when ordering speak english" that's caused a big brewhaha (?) here. He says his parents came here from Italy and learned to speak so everyone else should. I agree with that. But what about tourist an shit just wanting to try a cheesesteak. Oh well.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 11:34 AM

I served (Canada) with a fella from Hong Kong named Sunsi Mai. He came to Canada and joined the military. He was the worst soldier I ever served with, but not for a lack of trying, (he was a good guy and friend of mine) and hated the military. One day I asked him why the hell he ever joined the military. He told me Canada was his adopted country and he felt he should contribute in some way. Mai was 37. That really humbled me.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
godabandonedme

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 12:05 PM

Canada is a real country?
I mean I know we have a border and I've been to Toronto.....but....wow.
sinister

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 12:43 PM

- selfishness (that covers everything from bad drivers to bad parents and everything in between)
- group mentality
- fake people
- kids who question everything except themselves

Could add another page but that'll do for now.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by godabandonedme
Canada is a real country?
I mean I know we have a border and I've been to Toronto.....but....wow.

More real than some........

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 04:12 PM

not sure if its been said but being that im in grocery stores and stuff like that alot, i hate seeing people on their cell phones while they shop. some are actually talking about what they're buying with someone. i understand calling to ask what kind of salad dressing you want but these people are on for almost the entire time they're in the store. if thats the case, just go shopping with the person then!
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by godabandonedme
Maybe I missed it but I'm surprised no one's posted about the thing in philly lately. Joe Vento, the owner of Geno's Steaks (if you don't know it's a 24 hour cheesesteak place, real yuppy type popular) put a sticker up saying "when ordering speak english" that's caused a big brewhaha (?) here. He says his parents came here from Italy and learned to speak so everyone else should. I agree with that. But what about tourist an shit just wanting to try a cheesesteak. Oh well.

Joey Vento's a moron who can barely speak the English language himself. His grandparents were immigrants and to this day can barely speak English even by South Philly standards, by his own admission. He claims that just because there weren't any bilingual signs and shit for his family 70 years ago there shouldn't be for people now. The dumb shit's not calling for progress, he wants our fucked up country to stay in the shitter and working class people to continue to be marginalized in insular ghettos of their own type.

This bullshit adversarial mentality towards people who can't speak, or have a hardtime speaking, the English language is one of the many ways that the working class is allowing itself to be compartmentalized by the powers that be.

And some of you motherfuckers wonder why Americans are considered arrogant assholes in the world, and why we are the focus of some much rage and hatred...

upyerbum
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 08:41 PM

I hate little suburban thug wannabe bass thumpin in their Honda Civic givin me hard looks as they speed off when I come out my front door cuz my daughter is trying to sleep pricks. And if I beat their ass they'd send ME to jail.

barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 6-22-2006 at 10:33 PM

Misuse of the word ignorance is definetly a big pet peeve.

ig?no?rance noun
The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 6-23-2006 at 02:02 AM

Quote:

This bullshit adversarial mentality towards people who can't speak, or have a hardtime speaking, the English language is one of the many ways that the working class is allowing itself to be compartmentalized by the powers that be.

And some of you motherfuckers wonder why Americans are considered arrogant assholes in the world, and why we are the focus of some much rage and hatred...
Actually, one of the reasons often listed by people in other countries for their dislike of Americans is the common refusal to attempt to learn the language of the countries that those Americans are visiting. That's right, VISITING, not necessarily moving to, not illegally immigrating to, just visiting. So how is it horrible that we expect people who ARE moving here, often illegally, to learn the language? Nobody is saying English is the supreme language in the world and that anybody who doesn't speak it is subhuman, just that if you want to be a citizen of a country, you should learn it's language. Nobody is telling these people not to speak their own languages, just asking them to make an effort to become a part of their adopted land. In most cities there are programs set up to teach English at low to no cost, how fucked up is it that there are people coming here to take advantage of welfare, schools, and the like who refuse to take a FREE class to learn the language of the land they are benefitting from? Because these people actually refuse to make that attempt, the state then takes MORE of our tax money to teach their employees other languages or to shop out jobs to people who can speak other languages.

I'm sorry Dave, but this is NOT a knee-jerk "love it or leave it" sentiment. It really pisses me off that there are people from this country who are unable to get the help they need when they fall on hard times, but somehow there are people who have never contributed in any way to our society who are living for free off of it and they still refuse to even learn a language that would actually make it easier for them to get jobs, become part of the general society and get off welfare. Obviously this is not something that applies to 100% of immigrants to this country, but everywhere I've lived so far, I've seen this as a common issue. Maybe your experience has been completely different, but I find it hard to believe that you've never encountered this.

Veritas odium parit
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-23-2006 at 09:38 PM

I've never encountered people who literally refuse to learn the language. Never.

In my experience when the notion of "refusal" is resorted to it's often inaccurate.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 12:13 AM

genos steaks is a tourist trap at best
i wont eat their crap
besides the micks in this offshoot of philly make a damdbetter sammich
fuck that whole square block
UDPA
godabandonedme

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 02:10 AM

Dave, you've obviously never been to north philly. I work in certain areas where thre are literally NO PERSONS that speak english. They don't need to. Anything they need is within a few blocks. Small grocery stores, mechanics, doctors, lawyers (they need them alot :o ) (JOKE chill!) etc. Now I do agree with national pride etc. however, I believe if you life in America you should speak AMERICAN. (the reason american is is caps is because here we do not speak correct "english" as you can see by our pronunciation/spelling) I personally think it's a joke that public schools offer second launguages when more then a half (yes half) of public school students can't speak correct (american) english. Again, Joe Vento has not turned ONE PERSON away from his place for speaking a different launguage. Now, for everyone from philly thats all in an uproar about this, why wasn't it ever a big deal that there was ONLY 2 ways to order a steak from Geno's? It was ALWAYS wiz wit, or wiz witout, or seriously you would be told to get to the back of the line(yes this is true I've seen it, Joe Vento is a weird guy). Are non-English speaking people all of the sudden better then the local population? This is all a media biased bullshit story. If there is ANYTHING I have learned from being a cop for the last 4 years it's that the news is bullshit. Don't trust ANYTHING you see/hear from them.
sippers

Mood: face value-the price of maturity

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 04:21 PM

go to the covienience store for a dew pull out your ck card,and the teller says $5 minimum purchase..makes my blood boil ...

Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sippers
go to the covienience store for a dew pull out your ck card,and the teller says $5 minimum purchase..makes my blood boil ...

I can understand the frustration, but to play devil's advocate on this one, everytime you use plastic to pay, the store has to pay the card company (Visa, MasterCard, etc...) certain percentages, so sometimes it's not worth it for a small business. This is gonna benefit you in the end because unless you use AMEX, if you ever have a credit dispute with the company, the credit card company will back you up.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
I've never encountered people who literally refuse to learn the language. Never.

In my experience when the notion of "refusal" is resorted to it's often inaccurate.
Never? Really? I find that incredibly hard to believe based on the amount of times I've encountered it.

As far as refusal being inaccurate, maybe it should be expanded to include those people who are completely uninterested in doing anything that would promote them beyond the welfare lifestyle, people who are too lazy to do anything that they see as being for the benefit of others, and people who who think that they are somehow keeping their culture intact while living like parasites off another culture.

Veritas odium parit
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 06:03 PM

As for my own personal irritants, I would have to rank the stupidity of the average person pretty high on the list. Also people too self absorbed to realize or care that their actions affect others. Popular music, Deadheads, the overwhelming majority of modern "hard core", and quite a few other things relating to music.

Veritas odium parit
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 07:17 PM

Fuckin DEADHEADS!!!!!!!!! wish I had said that one, man.........couldnt agree more. They smell.......wierd
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 09:37 PM

Deadheads need to get over the fact that Jerry is dead, and get on with their pathetic lives. The Dead sucked, always did. The fact that idiots made it a lifestyle just goes to show how truly stupid they really are.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:26 PM

The worst thing about most of the Deadheads I've dealt with is that even though they claim to be all laid back and easy going they are incredibly uptight and defensive. My experience with making fun of them on the air really proved that to me. Stupid fuckin' hippies.

Veritas odium parit
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top