Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Please Read this....My Revenge content....
lajoie

[*] posted on 6-23-2006 at 09:00 AM
Please Read this....My Revenge content....

Spencer sent me this email today and I am going to post it here for obvious reasons later:

Hey Dan. Happy Birthday man. Thanks again for the show - we had a blast.
If you do post a thread about it on b9, emphasize the good parts, not the attendance, cops or anything like that. The duct tape, drum set...etc...the good stuff. Fun show. You rule man. Your girlfriend seems rad too!

This is my synopsis on the show and the good parts need to be explained with the ?bad? parts, but as you will see?..there were not really any bad parts?..

Last night was the type of show where everyone said that they were coming and they don?t. You bust your ass to advertise to support these bands that you love so much?and no one really shows up?My Revenge has a hard time to ?afford? to tour. I know for a fact that they hardly ever break even on the shows that they play even though they put more effort into ?this? then anyone I know.

Last night was the type of show where you were playing for the fellow bands as the audience even though they could?ve just stopped by your practice space. Last night was the type of show where no one paid and you realize that you are going to have to make a trip to the ATM to get gas money for these guys so that they can drive four hours back home to work at 9:00 am the next morning. It was that type of show where Defiant Hearts refused gas money even though they let everyone use there equipment, loaded everything in and out, danced for MR, played there heart out, drove over an hour to play in a basement, and all you could do was pay them in old fireworks. Last night was where you were playing to two people who knew the words, but were still jumping for every sing-along. Last night was where MR left directly from work, still in uniform, with out a change in clothes, drove fours hours to play to maybe five people and still went absolute berserk with energy and excitement.

In short, last night was the best show ever???

Summary:
This show was a basement in the Dover suburbs, I don?t live there but they let me do the show. No one who lived in the house stuck around for DH or MR, but I thank them dearly.

Flesh and Blood played and then Hoodwrecked played to a bunch of friends that they brought with them and then most of them soon left. Thank you guys SO MUCH for playing and the few who stuck around. I hope you had fun. Defiant hearts played and this band is going to start to have a huge following. Pillows were flying, Geoff Osum played in flip flops, and I tuned his E-string down to drop D while he was playing. MR played with such excitement it was ridiculous. Spencer broke a cider block into a million pieces by slamming it against a the wall, I was wrapped up in duct tape, the drum set was nearly demolished, I was spit on with so much water, numerous couch/cushion moshing, The show needed to end way before 10 and MR went on at 9:45 and played to almost 10:30, I released about a hundred dollars worth of fireworks to the ?crowd? and immediate mayhem occurred by flaming balls going every direction and by ?someone? shooting a roman candle across the street where some people where outside on their porch and kids where nearby. I was screamed at by one of the members in the house who was in a bath robe, ?dude, I am not going to take the heat for this, we told you, no fireworks!! FUCK!!??.this was while we were trying to evacuate the premises before the cops arrived???.oh, and no joke, some one died up the street from where we were, we all saw a dead body lying on the ground that had bin hit by a car. Type of thing to send chills down your spine??

??...and all I heard from everyone was that this was one of the best shows they ever played/been to.

You might say that ?oh, I was at Melillo Biscuits, or I was at reach the sky?s last show??
But the best show you will ever go to will be the one in a basement in some stranger?s house and it is your friends playing for only you and your other friends?..

People bitch about how ?hardcore used to be fun, and now it sucks b/c it is so commercialized and serious???..well that is not true??My Revenge is still doing this completely them selves with more passion and heart and excitement and fun then any band around?..they are fun and I can?t say enough good things about them?.

Thanks to everyone there last night, you put me through so much shit, but I love you all?

There are NO FANS in hardcore??..just great friends??..

My Revenge new full length in July on Thorp Records, US tour in August

Thank you for reading this.

Love
dan
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-23-2006 at 09:45 AM

Feel good post of the year!

This was a great read and sounded like an even better time.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-23-2006 at 09:55 AM

I left early due to having to wake up at 5 the next morning but I caught flesh and blood and hoodwrecked. Flesh and blood put on one hell of a set. I was digging their sound and picked up the cd. Deffinetly somthing worth checking out. Hoodwrecked (my friend band) on the other hand... This was probably their worst show ever due to lack of practicing and the fact that their bassist couldn't make it, and the fill in just learned the songs that day. lol All in all, I had a fun time but wish more people would have shown up. It seems like people in the area always bitch about not enough shows, but then those same people never show up when one gets put on. fuck.

PS (if you read this Dan).... What the fuck is Mark the Shark? lol The back yard when I arived reminded me of Gummo 100% and Mark the Shark added to that charm. :D

Ben-G

Mood: Blacklisted

[*] posted on 6-23-2006 at 11:25 AM

My Revenge needs come down to Houston
lajoie

[*] posted on 6-23-2006 at 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
I left early due to having to wake up at 5 the next morning but I caught flesh and blood and hoodwrecked. Flesh and blood put on one hell of a set. I was digging their sound and picked up the cd. Deffinetly somthing worth checking out. Hoodwrecked (my friend band) on the other hand... This was probably their worst show ever due to lack of practicing and the fact that their bassist couldn't make it, and the fill in just learned the songs that day. lol All in all, I had a fun time but wish more people would have shown up. It seems like people in the area always bitch about not enough shows, but then those same people never show up when one gets put on. fuck.

PS (if you read this Dan).... What the fuck is Mark the Shark? lol The back yard when I arived reminded me of Gummo 100% and Mark the Shark added to that charm. :D

thanks dude and thanks for coming......
Hopefully more shows will continue and I am going to try to throw my weight to find another basement, or try to do this again........

"what the fuck is Martk the Shark" is probably the best way to describe him, he just "is".......
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-23-2006 at 03:04 PM

Its looking like I am going to miss MY REVENGE AGAIN today. I had no ide they were even playing hear intil today. THIS FUCKING BLOWS. I REALLY FUCKING WANT TO SEE THIS BAND PLAY.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
bystanderfanzine.com

[*] posted on 6-23-2006 at 03:08 PM

Spencer is one of the very few people in hardcore who has a real clue to what this is all about. One of my favortie hardcore moments was sitting in my living room talking to Spencer the night before attending his first CB's show, he was super excited and it was awesome to see.

He has a fucking law degree, and he still puts 100 percent into the scene, he needs to be cloned.

Go To Top