Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Religous/Political Nuts
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 02:02 AM
Religous/Political Nuts

Bug the shit out of me. Seriously. Trying to have an intelligent conversation with some of these people over the validity of the bible as a historical log and why hamas should keep fighting is seriously impossible.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 02:10 AM

and why hamas should keep fighting is seriously impossible.

explain please

you come at the king....you best not miss
godabandonedme

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 02:22 AM

Not hamas or any militant group, just a point that's all. Look, this area has been the center of conflict for thousands of years. In the late 40's Israel claims well...Israel, little fighting etc. Ok I'm good with this so far, hey that's how nations are built. However, to say that these people are wrong for fighting for what they believe to be theirs is absurd. If a bunch of Mormons came to whatever state you live in, planted a flag and said this is now ours, wouldn't you fight? That may seem like a far cry from what's going on over there but it's really not. Lastly, the information the west recieves about what's really going on over there is shaky at best. All I'm saying is before you get into a huge debate and start calling people who are only doing what you would monsters, find out a little more and stop taking fox news an msnbc as absolute truth.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 02:27 AM

didnt the U.S. give israel that land after winning ww2?

godabandonedme

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 02:36 AM

No.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by godabandonedme
No.

ya sure?

godabandonedme

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 02:44 AM

If it was a axis province granted to the jewish people post wwII it still wasn't a country/state untill after more fighting (that continues today) between the people already there.
godabandonedme

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 02:46 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take sides here. I'm all for manifest(sp?) destiny etc.
But to question the motives of the conqoured is absurd. Who wouldn't fight when being opressed?
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 02:58 AM

You're all for Manifest Destiny, really? No offense, but I'm kinda doubting you know what you're talking about in this thread.

Veritas odium parit
godabandonedme

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 03:07 AM

Using it loosely, the basic point that nations concour, war happens, it will always happen. In this particular region it's been going on for thousands of years. It wouldn't be any different if it were Iran doing the same thing. Who's to say it's right (manifest destiny here) I can't really say, but it's inevitable I guess. However, I can say that to fight back is not anything but normal.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 03:34 AM

I'm not arguing that people are going to fight on something like that. Right or wrong, if people believe that they have a right to lands that someone else is claiming, there's probably gonna be a fight. My only point is that I don't think all of the terms you're using here mean what you seem to think they do. Manifest Destiny seems to be a prime example of that, which is why I provided that link. As for the point MrBadVibes brought up, Israel was created as a City State at the end of the war. It has existed historically, but that is when it became the legal homeland of the Jewish people and what people refer to as Israel in general today. If you are saying something beyond that about Israel, it's not really clear what you're trying to say.

Veritas odium parit
godabandonedme

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 03:40 AM

I'm not trying to say anything more. Like I said if it was Iran or any other country doing to same I would still have the same opinon. My point is, actually more of a question, how can you consider fighting for you country, homes, families etc. terrorism?
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC

And the mission of both is to blow up as many innocent people as possible.

Thats an incredibly ignorant statement. This is all the fault of US and British foreign policy. Sorry guys, but you made your bed. Your government is responsible for far more deaths internationally on a daily basis than "Al Queda" could ever hope to be. You guys need to seriously wake the fuck up as a nation.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 10:48 AM

The process of Israels creation started long before the war, in the late 1800's zionists and jews escaping persecution purchased from Ottoman and Arab land owners. Immigration to Israel, called Aliyah, came in five different waves spanning the period from around 1880 to after the second world war. At the end of this period over 600,000 had immigrated into what was to become Israel. Britain, who was selected as mandate over the region by the post WW1 Allied powers, passed laws to limit Jewish immigration and restricted how much land they could purchase to try to quell Arab frustrations. As tensions rose Britain decided to withdrawl its administrative position over Palestine. The United Nations then decided to split the country into two states, about 55% of the land for Israeli and 45% for the Arabs. A year later the Israeli state was proclaimed.

Quote:

But how is sympathising with Palestinians terrorists any different from sympathy for Al Qaeda/Jihadists? The Jihadist movement is basically based on the Palestinian question, isn't it. And the mission of both is to blow up as many innocent people as possible. So why should the Palestinians be somehow exempt from the war on terror?

Not to condone Palestinian action in this conflict, but the acts of the Israeli goverment can also be seen as state terror. In order to stop terrorists from moving supplies in underground tunnels, Israeli troops will move into a town that is suspected, not necessarily known to have terrorist activity and bulldoze houses. If the family does not leave the house they will be fired upon and will be torn down with them still in. You might remember a filmmaker by the name of James Miller who was making a documentary for HBO on the effect that the violent conflict was having on the regions children. He was shot dead by an Israeli soldier during one of these raids. Mr. Miller had been wearing specific clothing that identified himself as a correspondent and even had his camera on up to the time of his death.
godabandonedme

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 11:08 AM

That documentary was really good by the way. Saying that these people are the same as Al Qaeda is ridiculous. These are people who are being occupied by a foreign nation.
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Palestinian sympathy is very fashionable

second only to sympathy for Israel.

Quote:
But how is sympathising with Palestinians terrorists any different from sympathy for Al Qaeda/Jihadists?

the people who fought for American independence weren't exactly held in a positive light by the England either. i'm sure George Washington was painted as a terrorist leader.

James Madison, John Adams, Alexander Hamilton, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson were likely viewed in a negative light as well.

remember the Boston Tea Party? a response to the Boston Massacre.

The Battles of Lexington and Concord.

The Minutemen.

action, reaction.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Murk
Quote:
Palestinian sympathy is very fashionable

second only to sympathy for Israel.

Quote:
But how is sympathising with Palestinians terrorists any different from sympathy for Al Qaeda/Jihadists?

the people who fought for American independence weren't exactly held in a positive light by the England either. i'm sure George Washington was painted as a terrorist leader.

James Madison, John Adams, Alexander Hamilton, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson were likely viewed in a negative light as well.

remember the Boston Tea Party? a response to the Boston Massacre.

The Battles of Lexington and Concord.

The Minutemen.

action, reaction.

i support israel
i support them because they are an extention of the U.S.
BUT i dont support any country where any sort of religion is its driving force, israel included

FUCK ALL RELIGION AND THE BULLSHIT IT BRINGS

and to compare these things to terrorism is fucked
so ya know

i dont hear all that many supporting israel
i hear more sympathy for palistinians anymore

blah, im bored with all this

i hate all opinions on everything

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 06:34 PM

Mawt li Isra'il!

Seriously, Israel was established as a Jewish state with the rights of non-Jews as a secondary consideration and all this notion of that state being "democratic" are bluntly put..... bullshit. Iran is more democratic.

The Sons of Liberty were considered a street gang by the Brittish in the revolutionary era, and you can bet the founding fathers and the Continental Army were considered the equivalent of terrorists in those days. John Brown was considered a terrorist for his actions against what abolitionists called the "Slave Power" in the years leading up to the American Civil War... Lincoln himself said the man deserved to die for his actions at Harper's Ferry where he and a cadre of men, both black and white, took over an armory to distribute weapons to slaves that they apparently erroneously assumed would rebel and join them. All of these men in US history made decisions I would like to think I would make, and people overseas are making the same decisions I would make.

How many Irish Americans condemn Hamas and Hizbullah and yet love the IRA? Same premise with all three groups. Micheal Collins is a hero to me, as is Hassan Nasrullah, just as are John Brown and Nat Turner.

Really, the Israeli-Palestinian/Arab conflict is not truly about religion. Religion is merely a rallying point used by people outside that specific area of land(Israel and the Palestinian territories). Ultimately it's about one group of people arbitrarily being given control over the lands and homes of people who had been present for generation upon generation..... all based upon some weak claim over a promise made in the Bible... a questionable document to say the least. When your home is seized or bulldozed, the fruits of your labor reaped or destroyed by foreign invaders... then you will understand how Palestinians feel.

Fuck Israel and Zionazis the world over!

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 08:24 PM

Quite an interesting read so far. I like this thread.

I've always said fuck Israel because of it's national poilicies. It seems to me though that a lot of the anti-Israel statements you hear from people are thinly-veiled statements of anti-semitism. I used to have more sympathy for the plight of the Palestinians but unfortunately they aren't as sympathetic as they used to be. Things have really gone downhill since the death of Yassar Arafat. I actually thought his passing was going to herald a positive change in things, but instead they've gotten worse. There is no way I will support Palestine as long as they have a terrorist group as their elected ruling party.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-14-2006 at 11:07 PM

Who knows what will come of it though, the US was basically a government of terrorists by King George's standards.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 12:35 AM

Honestly, I view the word "terrorist" as a word used by those in power to discredit the actions of those who are fighting against them. The current administration's definition of the word is so vaguely phrased as to encompass just about any action they disagree with. I see our government as being happy to keep us in fear of an enemy that is, by it's very nature, impossible to pin down or fight in any real way. That's not to say that I support any of the actions that were taken against this country and certainly should not be read to imply that I think there was anything heroic or revolutionary about the cowardly acts of 9/11. I simply mean that the actions taken by people fighting the powers that be can almost always be classified as some kind of terrorism just because those who are NOT in power have no other means to attack or fight back. By definition those people cannot declare war even though in all honesty, that is what they are doing.

Veritas odium parit
godabandonedme

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 01:49 AM

Again, I implore (sp?) someone to tell me with what is wrong for fighting against an occupying nation? Whether your or I want to believe it, that is what is going on over there.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Honestly, I view the word "terrorist" as a word used by those in power to discredit the actions of those who are fighting against them. The current administration's definition of the word is so vaguely phrased as to encompass just about any action they disagree with. I see our government as being happy to keep us in fear of an enemy that is, by it's very nature, impossible to pin down or fight in any real way. That's not to say that I support any of the actions that were taken against this country and certainly should not be read to imply that I think there was anything heroic or revolutionary about the cowardly acts of 9/11. I simply mean that the actions taken by people fighting the powers that be can almost always be classified as some kind of terrorism just because those who are NOT in power have no other means to attack or fight back. By definition those people cannot declare war even though in all honesty, that is what they are doing.

My thoughts exactly, 'saint.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with fighting against an occupying nation. Good luck, however, telling the people of various nations worldwide.... especially this one... that. We're one of the most pacified nations on the planet. This fucking country came into existence because people were pissed off about taxes... almost everyone is pissed about taxes now, or how the IRS handles shit and basically trys to ruin the common man's life if he can't feasibly pay on their "preferred" method and yet everyone is all "that's just hte way it is." For a fair and democratic society with a constitution set up to enable the people to make change be it through the political system or revolutionary activity we sure are a bunch of people who just roll over and accept certain notions. I wonder just how many Americans would actually fight against an occupying force if all the same amenities were provided by them(TV, internet, video games and movies are major culprits here).

sinister

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I view the word "terrorist" as a word used by those in power to discredit the actions of those who are fighting against them.

Agreed. A "terrorist" is someone who can't afford a plane to drop his bombs out of.

But, when you look at the methods employed by some groups, it would definitely appear that their aims are sometimes more about creating "terror" among the general population than attacking legitimate targets which are at least in some way responsible for the situation.

eg. The IRA here in the UK, I'd feel a bit more sympathy if they'd blown up a few more politicians or targeted state institutions rather than leaving car bombs in city centres to randomly kill innocent people. (But of course that situation is quite different from the Israel/Palestinian one, due to the majority of people in Northern Ireland wanting to remain part of the UK). Everytime they'd kill innocent people I'd always think it was such a waste, not just for the pointless loss of life, but 'cause it wouldn't have taken much more risk or planning to target someone who actually deserved it.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 7-15-2006 at 05:03 PM

I say fuck em all, if we are the "terrorists" history has shown us to be, let's stop pussyfooting around and bring the massacre ( and you all know we can) to all of em. We could rain hell upon the whole Middle East, Israel included, even if it means our own demise, let's do it. Fuck em all, let their Gods sort em out. Right? Opinions are like assholes.........you know the rest. We , as a Nation, have fought with our own "humanitarian" restrictions (for the most part) for far too long, why don't we just fight like everyone else does..... in the wide open, killing everything that fucking moves. I hate Jews, I hate Muslims, I hate Christians, they all toot horns outta their assholes, fuck em all.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top