Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Attn: Six66Mike. What's up with the move?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-11-2005 at 03:04 AM
Attn: Six66Mike. What's up with the move?

Are you in Australia now? How did everything go? Did you take a lot with you? Will you post a picture of Australia for us? What's the work situation like there? Can you get a job legally, or do you have to wait until you're married? Speaking of which...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 10:38 PM

I got here on January 10th from Sydney NSW then to Adelaide where I am staying just outside the city in Christies Beach (right on the beach & miles away from the fires in Adelaide Hills).
I brought my acoustic guitar & 2 suitcases full of clothes, some cd's & all my DVD's but I got 700+ cd's at home still which I'm not gonna send until everything is 100% that I can stay here.
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mstarrs1/Aussie/ Pics from 2003 when I was here, outside pics are pretty much all from Melbourne/Wonthaggi area in Victoria & some in Brisbane. So far no new pics but maybe later tonight when I go to the beach I'll catch some of the sunset & shit.
Adelaide is fairly easy to score work, I checked online a bit before coming & there is lots of level 1 & 2 tech support jobs here so I should be fine to work once I am allowed. I'm on a visitor visa now. What's going to happen is I'll get married in March & apply for a spousal visa. That takes 2-3 months to approve & my 3 month visa runs out by then, so I will get a bridging visa to stay until they decide on the spousal visa. I should be able to work after that or even during a bridging visa. Talked to a few lawyers free on the phone, it'd be $5,500 to see one to help file everything but it'll be done right so its an expense worth doing.
March 5th wedding date on the beach :D

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 05:26 PM

mutha fucka.... you know he was one of the best promoters for this area. for my tastes anyhow...

its gonna be crapola now. even more than it already is!
heh

Big Ugly

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x
mutha fucka.... you know he was one of the best promoters for this area. for my tastes anyhow...

its gonna be crapola now. even more than it already is!
heh

pretty much

DHC4LIFE

Mood: NEGATIVE APPROACH

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 06:18 AM

mike best of luck bro, thanks for the hooks in T.O.

\"UNITED BOOZE CREW 2006\"

YOUR ONLY YOUNG ONCE SO DO IT RIGHT............
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 11:46 PM

Hoibak still brings good shows, that 100 Demons show in April will be amazing so go to that shit.
I'll be back up in Canada in about 5 years.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 02:59 PM

Good for you mike! Glad to hear everything is going good!. If you set up any shows in Australia make sure you get some pics of kangaroos dancing in the pit!

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 02:43 AM

I still haven't seen wombats, koalas or kangaroos. I saw some roos last time I was here but this time I still haven't seen shit except some birds like magpies.
I wanna see a damn koala in the wild.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-28-2005 at 01:30 AM

Here's a bit of an update:

- Its 30c again today (Friday)
- Wednesday was Australia Day. Me & the woman ended up on the beach unplanned in the middle of the day & were in the water for close to 2 hours without sunscreen on.
- My shoulders & back have been burnt severely since, I have blisters on my shoulders & my back & chest itch like crazy. I fucking hate the sun.
- We got an apartment finally. Looked at it at 10:15 this morning, dropped the completed application off by around noon & by 1pm we got a call saying its ours, so we went back around 2:30 to fill out papers & drop $500 down on it. We move in Feb 4.
- I won't have internet after the move for a long time unless I use the computer place down the road.
- Dialup sucks amazing ass. Its been close to 8 years since I had to use dialup regularly and I fucking hate it.
- Everyone who goes to the Superbowl of Hardcore can kiss my fucking ass & everyone who misses it & lives within 2000 miles can die for not seeing it.

That's about all. Time for food.

Go To Top