Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lending friends money...
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 02:20 PM
Lending friends money...

Most people always say its a REALLY bad idea. I dont really think its always a bad idea, but I do see how it can be. I let a friend borrow a pretty large amount of money and I know that they are more or less living check to check right now so I dont expect it back yet and Im not stressed about it, but when I hear things like that person will be going to such and such a concert and went to see some other band and bought a shirt a few weeks before that and they are going here and doing this and so on and so on it kind of bugs me just because I dont do all those things and Im really frugal (cheap) with myself about most things.

I dont begrudge anyone some luxuries even if they are living check to check because everyone needs to get a new shirt just cause they like it, see a few movies, go out to eat a few times, buy some CDs or something else they enjoy even if they cant totally afoard it, but sometimes it can be excessive.

Anyone else ever have a problem like this?

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 03:03 PM

Oh yeah!!!!!!! Right after I broke out on my own I went through no less than three roomates who could not handle their financial affairs properly. One of em couldnt come up with his end of the rent half the time but had plenty of cash on hand at all times for dope and video games, fuckin loser. He ended up moving back in with his dad, and is now 30 and living off and on with his daddy. It's just about the same with the other roomates too. Honus, I would be pissed if I lent a "friend" money to get by because they NEEDED the help and couldnt pay me back right away but could afford to piss dough away on shows and eating out and other such luxuries. It's all about responsibility and I am HUGE on taking care of your own business without looking for handouts. Alot of people claim working class roots and learned not a goddamn thing about true working class values. You should confront that person and tell them it's time to pay back the money if they can buy band shirts and shit.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 09:06 PM

I got no problem carrying my FRIENDS. They've carried me. I would say be careful who you call friends.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 09:11 PM

ill take care of certain friends...never a question. these dudes been there for me through the thick n thin anyways
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 10:03 PM

yeah i have a friend that borrows 20$ here and there. everytime he seems me. the largest sum it's gone up to is 200$, but he always paid it back right before asking for more so i still let him borrow it. everytime i give him money, he goes on a trip to boston or something. frustrates the shit out of me but i can't say no.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
yeah i have a friend that borrows 20$ here and there. everytime he seems me. the largest sum it's gone up to is 200$, but he always paid it back right before asking for more so i still let him borrow it. everytime i give him money, he goes on a trip to boston or something. frustrates the shit out of me but i can't say no.

I wish I could say it was that ammount of money, but unfortunantly its much much more.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 10:14 PM

that's shitty honus. like you said, friends + money = bad idea for the most part. sounds like its a good friend so that kind of makes things uncomfortable

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 10:28 PM

yah I just know that even if I was getting payments, they would be like $20-$50 a month AT MOST... so I guess its all good. Ill get it eventuall.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 10:45 PM

can someone lend me $10,000?
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 11:14 PM

i don't have much money to start. i'm a little kid. haha it's a lot to meeee. but i'm sorry :(

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 7-20-2006 at 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
i don't have much money to start. i'm a little kid. haha it's a lot to meeee. but i'm sorry :(

I know its a lot of money. I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't. I just ment that at $20 a month it would so long that it wouldn't really be worth it. I mean it would show effort, but.... Ehhh I dunno....

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Go To Top