Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New Hatebreed album.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 05:13 PM
New Hatebreed album.

I am going to a listing party tonight in Toronto, Jamie will be there as the DJ. I will let you guys know how the record sounds tomorrow.

Anyone in Toronto or around that wants to go, it is at Machine Head bar on Richmond St. downtown Toronto. Richmond and Peter.

MM.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 05:16 PM

im a big hatebreed fan but im starting to think that this ship has sailed. hopefully they bring something new to the table...
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyfists28
im a big hatebreed fan but im starting to think that this ship has sailed. hopefully they bring something new to the table...

I'm back and forth on them. I guess I go through phases. I have enjoyed all of their albums and the few times I have met Jamey he is about the nicest dude out there. I dig their sound and their music. A lot bands have tried to mimic them so that has hurt them.

I'll be picking up the new album for sure.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 05:22 PM

i'll pick it up for sure but i think that this is a pivotal album for them given his success and how their name is used as a reference for almost everybody out there. i'd like to see something new and exciting rather than more of the same from them, i guess we'll have to wait and see
Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 06:09 PM

I liked "Satisfaction is the death of desire" alot,and the next album (that took almost 5 years to release) was good too....but I haven't listened to much of them since.I do know that Jamie has busted his ass for years,and has helped a ton of the smaller bands along the way....I think he deserves any "fame" that he gets.

I prefer Jamie's other band,Kingdom of Sorrow

KINGDOM OF SORROW

crazyfists28
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 07:28 PM

i didnt click the link and maybe it said it but when does kingdom of sorrow come out?
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 07:31 PM

I dont really know why, but Im not a fan at all.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 10:50 PM

Most definately going to check it out. After all Hatebreed was the first hardcore band I ever got into. Had it not been for them I'd still be listening to that nu-metal bullshit.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 11:38 PM

good band. they jam. I'll get it. Pretty consistent.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 7-24-2006 at 11:42 PM

pseudo metal hardcore. can't stand em or the 2349 bands that sound exactly like em

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
pseudo metal hardcore. can't stand em or the 2349 bands that sound exactly like em

you come at the king....you best not miss
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 09:41 AM

it is safe to say i will never purchase this
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 02:32 PM

Well the album blew my mind. It is very heavy, I think the adding of another guitar player was a good idea. The breakdowns are some of the hardest I have heard from Hatebreed to date. Jamies voclas seem a lot more brutal and more pissed off than the last album. The metal influx is noticeable, and the parts that are metal are very metal, but it does not stray from the original Hatebreed formula. If you are a fan of Hatebreed I think this album will make you very happy and I see it as their best since Satisfaction.

MM.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 04:38 PM

did anyone get terror today?
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
Quote:

i still give them some respect cuz they are the end all bar that has been set, even if you don't like all the clones, they are the ones who created this as a popular genre within hardcore
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
Most definately going to check it out. After all Hatebreed was the first hardcore band I ever got into. Had it not been for them I'd still be listening to that nu-metal bullshit.
If you're a Hatebreed fan then you really haven't gone very far from the nu-metal.

Veritas odium parit
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i still give them some respect cuz they are the end all bar that has been set, even if you don't like all the clones, they are the ones who created this as a popular genre within hardcore
So now we're supposed to give respect to people who start horrible trends in a musical genre? I fully credit them with starting or at least popularizing this gay-ass metal shit that kids call hard core nowadays, but that is far from a good thing.

Veritas odium parit
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 07:01 PM

never liked them,
I have opened shows for them, worked on stage crews with them ,and some of my friends and associates work very close with them, and call then friends

but 1 they are boring as a drill just keep spinning and not going anywhere but down
2 everytime I have dealt with them someone just got our of jail... and they were proud of it
3 they are the polar opposite of what hardocre is suppsoed to be...
4 they have more nazi fans then pantera
5 I'll just stop here cause I already have given them more time then it takes for them to write their fucking songs

it's formulatic bullshit, verse-sing along-verse-sing along-breakdown-sing along

as a musician I swear I would rip my fuking ears off then have to play the same shit album after album set after set,
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
but 1 they are boring as a drill just keep spinning and not going anywhere but down

This is classic and can not go unnoticed.

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 10:49 AM

my friend was listening to this at my house the other day and i was into it.

ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 11:03 AM

Quote:

the new album is pretty sick. i have to give it a more thorough listen though...
i like it more than like, in comparison to old albums, what terror did for example. the new terror album isn't that good to me at all in certain ways, but better or just different in others. same goes for the new hatebreed.

but whatever, solid bands, more people should get into even just for the damn lyrics if anything.

NOTE: If you like Jasta... then you better be into Icepick!
Actually, there are two hc bands named Icepick, Jasta/DannyDiablo(Lord Ezec - Skarhead, etc.) 's band and a eurpean band called Icepick.
Both solid bands, if you want their albums grab them off me on soulseek, end-era.com|design is the username.

morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
If you're a Hatebreed fan then you really haven't gone very far from the nu-metal.

They were the band that got into listening to hardcore, since then I've gone on to other bands like blood for blood, sick of it all, etc. I don't really consider myself to be a huge fan of hatebreed but I do plan on checking out their new cd just to see what they;ve done lately.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So now we're supposed to give respect to people who start horrible trends in a musical genre? I fully credit them with starting or at least popularizing this gay-ass metal shit that kids call hard core nowadays, but that is far from a good thing.

i think under the knife and satisfaction are by far their best work and after that is where they really got into this "formula" stuff. but i still think some of their stuff is quality. yes the breakdown stuff is overdone but there are good singalong parts, fast parts, etc. i think they're one part of the whole spectrum of hardcore and thats why its kinda cool. you may not like it, in fact you hate it, but you have lots of other choices and hopefully everyone uses their ears and not just jump on a popular band. so i do still give them credit for some of the stuff they've done but i also agree that too many young people nowadays think this is it when it comes to music and that's sad...
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 03:19 PM

Some good points here, all I am saying is if you liked Hatebreed before you will love this album and should pick it up and give it a listen. If you don't like Hatebreed I don't even really know why you would open this thread never mind taking up space bad mouthing the band.

MM.
Ben-G

Mood: Blacklisted

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 04:00 PM

i have the new harebreed if any wants me to i can yousendit.....
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top