Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: coworkers that annoy you
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 09:56 AM
coworkers that annoy you

I know Ive made this thread before, but I'd like to vent. I have a coworker who I truly like as a person, but fucking dammit she can piss me off.

A little background. My office has a locked door that everyone has a key to. For clients who stop by there's a doorbell they can ring and we'll let them in. Well, this one coworker rings the doorbell every fucking day and makes someone get up to let her in even though she has her key in her bag. We all got up and let her in for months. After a while I started giving her a little shit about it, but now it's just absurd. Yesterday I told her that Im not opening the door for her anymore, and asked her why she doesnt use her key. She claims it's at the bottom of her bag and it would take her 10 minutes to find. Fine.

I forgot to say that she consistently shows up at least 20 minutes late for work everyday. Of course I give her shit for that too, because she leaves at the regular time. Anyway... today she rings the bell. I stand up, shake my head at her and sit back down. Nobody moves to let her in, because I imagine everyone's sick of her shit. Finally the receptionist lets her in after finishing up a call, and my coworker flipped out. She called us all lazy and rude. blah blah blah Everyone thought she was kidding, because she's a happy-go-lucky person so they started giving her some shit which made her flip out even more. I told her that she was being disrespectful and that was it. Just sat down and shut my mouth, but she kept on talking and talking.

Finally everyone starts apologizing and shit, and I just told her "Im not sorry at all. I dont take back anything I said. Youre the one who's being rude and disrespectful" She said she was gonna talk to our boss and say I we were attacking her and shit, but our boss is on medical leave so she didnt want to bother her. I told her I'd give her our boss' home phone number. Finally I had to just step outside, take a few minutes and start the day over again.

Now she's not talking to me, which is fine.

Thanks for listening. I had to vent. This has been building up for quite some time now.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 10:57 AM

Damn dude.
Is this the same girl you we're bitching about before?
Fuck that man.. have that bitch sent to a different department.

http://thorprecords.com/boards/viewthread.php?tid=633

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 11:06 AM

yep. That's her. She left for a while, but she came back. She's a nice person and we usually get along really well, but she does so much stuff that just drives me absolutely nuts. Maybe Im just more sensitive to certain things than other people here, or Im just the only person who has the guts to say shit to her sometimes.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 11:14 AM

nah, that ringing the bell every day shit is ridiculous. do you have an operations manager or hr person or something? typically that person should lay down the law regarding office policy.

as for you, moron, may i suggest visiting http://www.monster.com. or, if you're looking for another non-profit, http://www.idealist.org

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 11:31 AM

When my boss comes back next week I'll mention it to her. Hopefully it's over with, but I doubt it. I was planning on going back to school for my MSW in the fall, but I put it off because of the wedding. So, by the following fall I should be leaving here, or at least doing part time stuff. The reason she left is that she was in school to become a teacher and had to do her student teaching before she could graduate. She did the student teaching, but the teacher supervising her failed her. So now she has to do it all over again. In the meantime she's working here again. She says that she'll be gone again by January.

I genuinely like this person, and I wouldnt want to leave a job because of her. It hasnt gotten to that point yet. Im sort of in a holding pattern right now because of my school plans. I dont want to start another job just to quit it a little while later. I know people do that, but that's not me. Plus I still feel challenged by the job at times. That keeps me going.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 11:56 AM

A little update if anyone cares. She went to lunch and brought her key with her. That's a good sign.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 11:56 AM

will your current employer help pay for graduate school?
if not, see above links for monster and idealist, cause there are plenty that will!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 12:15 PM

I have no tolerence for that sort of boobery. Why do you think they gave you a fucking key bitch?!!! I could not have tolerated that as well as you did.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
will your current employer help pay for graduate school?
if not, see above links for monster and idealist, cause there are plenty that will!

My boss gave me some info on tuition assistance from the Department for the Aging, our funder. The catch is that after you graduate you have to work with the aging for at least 2 years. Im not sure Im gonna stick around NYC long after I graduate. The Mrs. and I have actually talked a little about moving to CT before I go back to school. We'll see. We've still got some time to decide.

Thanks for the info though, Duane. I've never checked out idealist before, so I'll give it a look.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 8-2-2006 at 03:07 PM

Kill her. She will re-offend!

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-7-2006 at 01:24 PM

She uses her key now, and she's talking to me again.

The rest of my coworkers are fucking insane though which just sorta keeps with the history of this place. One lady had a meltdown on friday and had to go home. Not sure if she's showing up today. Another coworker started having heart problems so I had to call 911 for her. Then another dude starts going psycho for no reason. Talking about how he cant take the job anymore and how he wants to quit. I calmed him down, but it was freaky. Then the secretary tells me that after I left another coworker broke out into tears. Guess she was feeling overwhelmed.

I dont feel like being here today, so Im contemplating faking a mental breakdown so I can go home.

Go To Top