Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A thought I just had
Unbound

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 08:52 PM
A thought I just had

I am working on reviews for my site as we speak, and a thought just occured to me. Which do you guys prefer, albums that you instanly live and listen to numerous times, or albums that take a few listens to fully get into? I find that you get bored much faster of albums that you love from the first listen, although there are excpetions such as any of the classics I guess.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 11:42 PM

no, i'm the opposite way. if something doesn't grab me the first time around, it will be a LONG time before i listen to it again. i don't listen to as much music as i used to, so i'm finding i'm getting more particular as to what actually gets played. i don't mean i won't try new stuff - hell, i'll listen to new stuff for a full day - but if nothing grabs me, i probably won't play any of it again.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 12:02 AM

I prefer albums that I like off the bat. Same as BD, if i ain't diggin it the first time its going to collect dust. I have records that I bought, listented to once and it will be a year before I decide to give it another play.
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 12:09 AM

ahhhh and I apologize to all the super uper hardcore know it alls but honestly I listen to the same 10 or 12 cd's I have been for the last ohhh 10 or 12 years. New stuff doesn't "GRAB" me like that. I like alot of individual songs but not the bands so I won't listen to the rest. For instance: that death threat hated and proud, love that song. Got two of their cd's and didn't really like anything else. Oh wells.

Go To Top