Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: KRS ONE and 9/11
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 01:01 AM
KRS ONE and 9/11

This came up recently in another thread, so I'm posting a few things I found on the topic. How do you feel about it? Is he right? Or is he an insensitive bastard?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 01:02 AM
KRS-ONE: '9/11 WAS JUSTICE FOR BLACK PEOPLE'

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/krs....

Rapper KRS-ONE horrified other panelists during this month's (OCT04) NEW YORKER FESTIVAL when he claimed the September 11th atrocities were "justice" for black Americans and the hip-hop community.

The star, whose real name is KRIS PARKER, joined former NIRVANA rocker KRIST NOVOSELIC and HENRY ROLLINS on the panel of the 'Political Rockers' event at the annual festival on 2 October (04).

Krs-One claimed he and other African-Americans "cheered when 9/11 happened. I say that proudly".

The rapper alleged security guards kept black people out of the Twin Towers, "Because of the way we talk and dress.

"So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm - justice.' 9/11 doesn't affect us. 9/11 happened to them, not us.

"By them, I mean the rich - those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, UNIVERSAL, the radio stations."

Novelist TOM KELLY, who was sitting in the audience, booed the rapper and later told American newspaper NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, "I lost six friends there on 9/11."

Krs-One added that he wasn't bothered about the upcoming Presidential election next month (NOV04), saying, "Voting in a corrupt society adds more corruption. America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place."

An angry Novoselic responded, "That is wrong, man. Suicide is not the answer."

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 01:03 AM
KRS-ONE SLAMS 'TERRORIST SYMPATHISER' REPORTS

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/krs....

LATEST: Outspoken rapper KRS-ONE is angrily denying a recent news report claiming he sympathises with terrorists after the September 11 (01) atrocities.

American newspaper NEW YORK DAILY NEWS' gossip column ran a report on Thursday (14OCT04) claiming the OVA HERE hitmaker dismissed the thousands killed in the attacks during a 'Political Rockers' event at the NEW YORKER FESTIVAL on 2 October (04).

The hip-hop star, whose real name is KRIS PARKER, tells website ALLHIPHOP.COM, "Like everyone I was shocked to read that I and other African-Americans actually 'cheered when 911 happened' and that I have 'declared my solidarity with AL QAEDA'.

"When I read my words taken out of context I was shocked and disappointed that the Daily News would go this far to assassinate my character and distort my views."

Krs-One says that while he was saddened by the deaths of 9/11, the Daily News was correct to report that he believed officials employed by the World Trade Center - which was hit and destroyed by two aircraft during the attacks - were racist.

He explains, "I was just as saddened as everyone else on 9/11. However, many of us were racially profiled and harassed by the World Trade Center's security and the police patrolling that area as well as the thousands of American protesters that spoke out against the World Trade Organisation months before in Seattle, Washington. There was a sense of justice, a sense of change, a wake up call watching the Twin Towers fall.

"I was making an objective point about how many Hip-hoppers as well as the oppressed peoples of the world felt that day. I am a philosopher and a critical thinker, I speak truth and I urge people to think critically about themselves and their environment. Yes, my words are strong. Yes, my views are controversial. But to call me a terrorist is simply wrong."

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 02:51 AM

i think he was trying to do what malcome x did when he made comments about the kennedy assasination, but failed.
i aont havin' it.
fuck him.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 03:29 AM

the press will say anything to make someone look bad....
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 03:36 AM

do you really think that it was the press that made him look bad in this case?
i think he did a pretty ok job on his own making himself look bad.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 10:40 AM

This is the first Ive heard of this. Saying you "cheered" what happened on 9/11 is pretty distasteful, and maybe it was the wrong choice of words. I dont really know how many people feel like him either, but calling him a terrorist is just as dumb as saying you cheered the 9/11 attacks.

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 02:18 PM

who the hell is mr bad vibes....
3 posts all doggin out krs-1

who is the fake poster

if you got something to say say it as yourself

none of that fake poster shit here please
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 05:38 PM

im not a fake poster dude.
i just started posting here.
ive been reading this board on and off for a while but never posted
sorry to work ya all up there dude.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 08:36 PM

all good
we all try to get along in this forum, we have other place for our major negative shit....
but post more, let us know what's up
who why where and shit
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 09:18 PM

cool man.
im not looking to argue with anyone believe me.
im from philly.
i first noticed a starkweather thread here a long time ago.
rennie is a good friend of mine so i kept checking the board and have been coming back ever since.
not sure why i havent posted until now.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 10:23 PM

shit dawg I just moved to pittsburgh
I know you got a better scene right now but pa is pa
im me sometime
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 10:44 PM

I hate media

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RomanticViolence
I hate media

well said, sweetheart.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
im not a fake poster dude.
i just started posting here.
ive been reading this board on and off for a while but never posted
sorry to work ya all up there dude.

MBV - Welcome to the Thorp Board. As Steve mentioned, this is a pretty low-key board - both activity and attitude-wise - but we like it that way. People mostly have actual civil conversations here, even if the topics are a little colorful at times. Any serious drama is reserved for the HATE FORUM or for THE RING, an officially sponsored bitch-fest.

And as you may have read, Ren, Todd, and Michelle are old friends of mine as well, so I'm looking forward to having someone expand on the Greatest Rennie Resmini Quotes Of All Time Thread!

Now, back to bitching about krsone

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 02:06 PM

I don't want to form an opinion either way without knowing the whole story and unless there's someone around who I know I can trust who was actually there when the whole thing went down, I doubt I'll ever know. As has already been mentioned by some, the media is completely and utterly full of shit, so I wouldn't take their word for it if they told me that McDonald's is a place that sells hamburgers.

Veritas odium parit
jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 02:31 PM

It is a poorly directed statement by a rapper...go figure. I think he picked the wrong milkbox to stand on and he picked the wrong thing to preach about.

WTC wouldn't let black people in because of the way they dressed...well i'm sure that if a group of punks and skinheads walked in there they would be given a hard time too. It was a mulit ethnic place of BUSINESS and that is that.
DHC4LIFE

Mood: NEGATIVE APPROACH

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 02:35 PM

Krs-One claimed he and other African-Americans "cheered when 9/11 happened. I say that proudly"

he is so full of shit!!!!

\"UNITED BOOZE CREW 2006\"

YOUR ONLY YOUNG ONCE SO DO IT RIGHT............
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 08:51 PM

ITs dumb that he cheered for 9/11, but only cause the so many people died horrible deaths. If those buildings were empty i would be glad that they fell too.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-19-2005 at 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Killthehumans
ITs dumb that he cheered for 9/11, but only cause the so many people died horrible deaths. If those buildings were empty i would be glad that they fell too.

the irony here is amazing.....
Killthehumans

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 01:56 AM

its not ironic though. The only thing that made that tragedy terrible was the loss of life and the way those people had to die. other than that i dont care about two buildings that symbolize free world trade. Because i am against free trade. The fact is more money is being given to the businesses that had offices there through insurance and goverment subsidary than is being given to the families of the victims. Buildings and business can comeback...people can't.
Killthehumans

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 01:58 AM

The fact that he cheered i felt was dumb because there were people in the buildings at the time of the attack. IF the buildings were empty i would have no problem with KRS one cheering and as i stated early i would not have shed a tear.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 02:35 AM

the ironic part is your name bro,
kill the humans

the rest is just steel and concrete
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Killthehumans
The only thing that made that tragedy terrible was the loss of life and the way those people had to die. other than that i dont care about two buildings that symbolize free world trade.

as a new yorker, i have to disagree with you here. no, i'm not saying the loss of life wasn't tragic, but the wtc buildings meant a lot of things to a lot of people.

when they were built in the 70s, nobody liked the way they looked, but they quickly came to rank among the most famous buildings in the world. they made the new york skyline extreemly unique and identifyable. KTH - had ever been to new york before they came down? when you get off the NJ turnpike, and are approaching the holland tunnel to enter the city, there is a point where NY harbor and the manhattan skyline first come into view. it was fucking breathtaking.

to me, those buildings always represented the enormity of new york city. in my mind, they offered fair warning to everyone who approached... "you better have big balls if you think you're gonna make it here". to me, they were the heart of this city.

standing in the street that day, watching as those buildings came down, my fucking heart broke. i've seen some amazing things in my life, but nothing as unbelievable as that. seriously, that day changed my life.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 04:40 AM
sorry about the drainer post...

Now, back to bitching about krsone

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top