Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: KRS ONE and 9/11
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 05:17 AM

Does that guy even have a career anymore?

LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 01:56 PM

As far as I remembered people in the wtc center and their families weren't cheering.

It is that simple.
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 02:39 PM

I guess i can see where you are coming from BIg-D...as a boston'er i guess i'd be sad if the jonhancock building was destroyed. I also probally failed to realize that the damage and debris probally affect non-business or small business places.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 04:14 PM

In September 2002, the NYC Comptrollers office published a captivating report entitled "One Year Later, The Fiscal Impact of 9/11 on New York City". At that time, its authors estimated New York City's losses at between $83 and $95 BILLION, including both direct and indirect costs. Lower Manhattan was closed to the general public for months after the attacks; countless businesses went under and 150,000 people (including yours truly) lost their jobs in the first year alone.

While we're on the topic (ok, I know I'm the one keeping us on it), I'd like to thank the federal government for pressuring the EPA to announce that the air around the disaster area was safe to breathe when every independent organization testing at the time concluded the opposite. http://www.wtcregistry.org

I live directly east of the WTC site in Brooklyn; less than 10 blocks from the waterfront, and directly in the eastward wind's path. When my wife and I got home that evening, the smoke in our neighborhood was so thick, you couldn't see the traffic light at the end of the block. Ash and debris were everywhere. If you think about it for too long, it can make you sick to your stomach.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-20-2005 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Ugly
Does that guy even have a career anymore?

i assume so - http://www.krs-one.com - but i can't say i've heard anything from him in years.

http://www.templeofhiphop.org

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top