Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: eleventeen yr old straight edge kids
xDTYMx

Mood: skarhead

[*] posted on 9-4-2004 at 12:52 PM
eleventeen yr old straight edge kids

I'm so fucking sick of going to shows and seeing every other little kid wearing edge hoodies and straight edge shirts...fuck it if its great that they never got into shit but i think you need to have some experience before standing behind principles you know nothing about. straight edge has become the new street punk. just something for little kids to latch on to so they can feel accepted. kids who probably never planned on touching drugs just aligning themselves with a movement. I think if your gonna claim edge and be all about it. have some experience know what your talking about and do it for yourself you little snot nosed fucks.

.. i put the bottle to my head and pulled the trigger for the last time...

DEATH TO YO MOMS SQUAD!!!!!!!
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 9-4-2004 at 03:34 PM

I hate most of the SxE scene even though I am and have been edge for a long time now, so I can definitely understand why those kids might annoy someone, but I don't get the comparison to street punk at all. Not to mention that these annoying junior high school "true till senior prom" kids are nothing new, they've been around for almost as long as SxE itself. Personally, I sobered up from a lot of fucked up shit before I went straight edge, so I also understand your point about experience. I don't think it's impossible to be a real SxE kid without having been down the other road first, but I know from personal experience that those kids shouting the loudest about their edge who have never had so much as a sip of alcohol before are usually the ones to turn their back at the first opportunity. I've seen so many generations of edge kids do the same thing, once they grow out of their high school cliques 98% of them start drinking and using. Personally, I don't give a shit who does what, my edge is for me and has nothing to do with what other people choose for themselves, but I find it hilarious when kids who think their sobriety entitles them to tell everyone else how to live turn into drunken bums and junkies.
xDTYMx

Mood: skarhead

[*] posted on 9-4-2004 at 04:31 PM

yeah i was a homeless crackhead for 10 months in bedsty and been sober 16 months so i've been there and i have pride in being clean but claiming edge has become an embarrassment. and the street punk reference just came from all these kids i've witnessed go from having no friends to interpunk to acting like they've been scene for years. i have no problem with people who drink and drug. shit i'm the only sober person out of all my friends so im constantly around it. it just pisses me off that i fight everyday for this while kids who have no experience just follow along because there x's look pretty... bah.. this has all been a half asleep rant anyway but i stand by it

.. i put the bottle to my head and pulled the trigger for the last time...

DEATH TO YO MOMS SQUAD!!!!!!!
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 9-9-2004 at 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xDTYMx
yeah i was a homeless crackhead for 10 months in bedsty and been sober 16 months so i've been there and i have pride in being clean but claiming edge has become an embarrassment. and the street punk reference just came from all these kids i've witnessed go from having no friends to interpunk to acting like they've been scene for years. i have no problem with people who drink and drug. shit i'm the only sober person out of all my friends so im constantly around it. it just pisses me off that i fight everyday for this while kids who have no experience just follow along because there x's look pretty... bah.. this has all been a half asleep rant anyway but i stand by it

kids will be kids. gay as fuck, but it happens. they'll only be around for so long before they sellout, anyways. faggots.

Big Ugly

[*] posted on 9-9-2004 at 05:25 PM

If you wanna be SxE that's cool, it would never work for me but to each their own. The biggest problem I have with these stupid kids is they don't know what it really means. A little while back at a show some little 15 yr old bitch with X's on his hands wanted to impress his friends so he slapped my beer off the bar and laughed as it spilled all over the floor. I got no problem with real edgers but little fucks like this really piss me off. Needless to say he got to feel what it's like to have a 220 Lb skinhead stomp your head in. The real edgers need to show these kids the way things work!

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 9-9-2004 at 07:13 PM

Almost all of these kids have their heads on backwards, they join up with these crowds and do what they think will impress the other kids instead of using their own minds to make it through life. SxE was always supposed to be about being able to think for yourself, so it makes no sense when these kids start doing stupid shit to be cool or ganging up on people who aren't SxE. It's completely contrary to the original intent. There's a lot more to being SxE than being sober, if anything, sobriety is a by-product of SxE for SxE people, it shouldn't be the end all be all of their edge. The original ideas behind it were focused on the fact that kids drank or got fucked up to be cool or join in, not that doing that was some kind of "evil" in and of itself. People lock onto the idea that it's about NOT doing something when really it's about what you ARE doing.
Miss Bitch
* [:VANiTY:] *

Mood: My brain

[*] posted on 9-13-2004 at 01:33 AM

I suppose I will write something of substance here.

I fought with a little girl a while back. Why? I am not sure exactly. I wrote an opinion and she took it as a direct threat. Typical scenster with her oddly familiar emo/hardcore/vegan/sXe look. She had a whole lot of nothing in her responses... Just a bunch of "fuck you" and "you don't know what you are saying". When I asked her questions I got a "you don't know" and a "you are retarded". How fun. I don't even know what I am saying right now. I am too fucking tired.

.fuck you and all you stand for.
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 9-14-2004 at 12:03 AM

I broke edge, and am a sell out, and im fucking loving it. Im so Hard, and i dont have to pose.
I went fro being a sxe hardcore kid, to being a GROWN ASS MAN, and all it took was to realize that i dont have time for kids games, kids crews, or a lot of the bullshit that these new hxc kids seem to be about.
Edge needs to be about personal choice, not how crew you are.
Bunch of faggots.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-14-2004 at 03:20 PM

Le um be. they got to connect so let um. If they get in the way well teach um a lesson. If they dust the dirt off the knees get back up then they are hardcore if they stay around. If not well they gave in. I remember a show in cleveland back in 93 with SNAPCASE STRIFE and EARTH CRISIS. One Life Crew was there and they were swinging fold up chairs into the crowd of kids rocking out. Many kids got hurt. No one asked for it, but if they do well then be the justice maker. Let them be kids. I'm sure they are not going to see Madball with there parents right? I'm sure they show up at some gay metal/core bands shows. Liek DILLINGER escaping plans or something right?
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 10-16-2004 at 02:21 AM

How many SxE kids does it take to drink a case of beer?

One (if his crew isn't looking):P
Flipout

[*] posted on 10-25-2004 at 07:53 AM

I have been fucking a "sXe" girl for the past year, and she always talks about how edge she is, i mean, she doesnt drink or do drugs, but she sure as hell practices pre-marital sex, and gets a hell of a lot of second hand smoke from me...
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 10-28-2004 at 02:45 AM

The whole thing about sex in SxE got blown WAAAAAAAAAAAY outta proportion, it was originally meant that you shouldn't let anything control your thinking. So if you get all wrapped up and obsessed with sex, it could be as much of a problem as getting fucked up all the time. By the way, for those who don't know, I'm SxE and YES, I did tell the SxE joke up there, which should make it even funnier. Oh, and for the most part, I HATE the SxE scene nowadays. Hardly any bands that come out of that are worth a shit and most of the kids are fucking braindead idiots.
Flipout

[*] posted on 10-28-2004 at 08:46 PM

Amen

Go To Top