Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Deicide's New Album
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 10:35 AM
Deicide's New Album

I'm a big Deicide fan. I just got their latest album. To my surprise it is about Satan. Weird.

Very Good Though. Very good guitar work. It still can't touch Legion but still a good album.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 11:29 AM

Deicide is possibly my fav. off all death metal bands, been a die hard fan since I was in grade 9. I am going to by this today and can't wait to hear them with the new line up. Funny you should mention Legion, the only album of theirs I am not a big fan of. My fav to date would have to Serpents of the Light or Once Upon the Cross.

Thanks for the heads up on the album.

MM.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 11:30 AM

Must have this album. Satan commands me.:D

I fuckin love Deicide!

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 12:01 PM

Satan rules
I wish I had an inverted cross branded on my forehead.....
sinister

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 12:11 PM

Video from the new album here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJkMrl4AG8w

This got banned in the UK...

Quote:
UK music TV channel Scuzz TV has banned the new video for Deicide?s ?Homage For Satan? condemning it for being offensive and derogatory.

In a statement a Scuzz representative declared that ?the lyrical content is religiously offensive, derogatory, and can be read as improper exploitation of any susceptibilities of the audience?.

They further commented ?With regards the imagery itself, the inclusion of a priest or religious figure in any belief system is always a very touchy subject, but the possession of one such person, and the disparaging respect for the Christian Bible is in direct conflict with Ofcom regulations?.

The video, featuring blood-splattered zombies on a rampaging mission to capture a priest forcibly underlies Deicide?s explicit stance against religion, yet is a representation of death metal at its best. The banning of the video coincides with the eagerly anticipated release of Deicide?s highly acclaimed album ?The Stench Of Redemption? and effectively removes the chance for extreme music to be represented to a mass audience.

The outright banning of the video marks a worrying trend, as the station declares that they ?generally don?t play death/black metal on Scuzz anymore? yet boldly label themselves as a ?rock hard? channel.
CR83

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sinister
Video from the new album here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJkMrl4AG8w

This got banned in the UK...

Quote:
UK music TV channel Scuzz TV has banned the new video for Deicide?s ?Homage For Satan? condemning it for being offensive and derogatory.

In a statement a Scuzz representative declared that ?the lyrical content is religiously offensive, derogatory, and can be read as improper exploitation of any susceptibilities of the audience?.

They further commented ?With regards the imagery itself, the inclusion of a priest or religious figure in any belief system is always a very touchy subject, but the possession of one such person, and the disparaging respect for the Christian Bible is in direct conflict with Ofcom regulations?.

The video, featuring blood-splattered zombies on a rampaging mission to capture a priest forcibly underlies Deicide?s explicit stance against religion, yet is a representation of death metal at its best. The banning of the video coincides with the eagerly anticipated release of Deicide?s highly acclaimed album ?The Stench Of Redemption? and effectively removes the chance for extreme music to be represented to a mass audience.

The outright banning of the video marks a worrying trend, as the station declares that they ?generally don?t play death/black metal on Scuzz anymore? yet boldly label themselves as a ?rock hard? channel.

Yep, I saw the video. That's not the best track on the album either.
CR83

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
Deicide is possibly my fav. off all death metal bands, been a die hard fan since I was in grade 9. I am going to by this today and can't wait to hear them with the new line up. Funny you should mention Legion, the only album of theirs I am not a big fan of. My fav to date would have to Serpents of the Light or Once Upon the Cross.

Thanks for the heads up on the album.

MM.

I knew I could count on you. No Legion? That is surprising to me. I too have been a fan since grade 9. Legion is tops for me, then Deicide, Then Once Upon The Cross. When they switched to that "thinner" guitar style I lost faith. Scars of the Crucifix was good though.

The guitar work on this new album is insane.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 05:04 PM

people made fun of me for liking them when the first cd came out in high school. i wore the t shirts in high school lile oh really fuck you then.
i havent bought a cd since serpents of christ or whatever the one after once upon the cross was....
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-23-2006 at 05:53 PM

I only have "Satan Lives" that live album.... these dudes are great just for pure cheese factor... especially live albums. Live albums of any death metal band for that matter.

CR83

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
I only have "Satan Lives" that live album.... these dudes are great just for pure cheese factor... especially live albums. Live albums of any death metal band for that matter.

check out the album -When London Burns by Deicide. There's some good Glen banter on there

Go To Top