Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Johnny cash, how come..........
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
a long time ago, i was kinda the same way
i wouldnt even give certain things a chance because of the idea i had of what i "thought" they were
then i realized i was was really only cheating myself out of some really great music

im a music nerd at heart
i like such a wide range of things its just hard for me to understand how people dont give anything a chance

dont let pre-judging cheat you out of some really awesome stuff

I think that is a great way to think about it and I appreciate your candor. Right now, I feel as though I'm all set. I'm always looking for new stuff. I too consider myself a music nerd but I'm all set with the HC material I'm looking for/listening to.

I'm the same way with food. I'm happy with what I'm eating now and don't feel like I'm missing out or am I just lazy? Ah, who knows.

Take it easy Mr. BV.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2006 at 09:55 PM

Cash has damn near brought me to tears.... and I'm doing just fine these days. Dude just unlocks some shit that I've been holdin' onto.

Merle, Waylon, Cash.. they make me feel way more working class pride than most silly hardcore punk and oi bands do. And I loves me some oi!

My newfound appreciation outlaw country actually gives me something to relate to with my dad... I swear my avoidance of country has almost 100% to do with the fact that that is my dad's favorite. He was in a band in my youth, all family trips were constant country... drove me away from it. My kid will probably get into some stupid bullshit if I over expose him to hardcore and punk rock... and I don't want him being all into pop music.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top