Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: A slight overreaction?
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 11:05 PM

Noone makes a valid point when your argument resorts to name calling. If you have an opinion, cool. Speak out. But dont expect others to buy into your thoughts or even believe what you say when you use adolescent antics to try and make the other seem inferior.

Be honest.
Consistent.
And direct.

...Now carry on.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore

Face it Dave you are biased. Your arguements come from your point of view. Much like others here that feel religion is not important. Muslims hate me simply because of who I am. Muslims hate all of us that do not follow their rule. Mostly of us in the United States. I never met them and they never met me. If someone has judged me before they have ever met me or us then we have a problem. Its that simple.

That's a radical over generalization. One could also say that Americans hate Muslims simply because of who they are... and that would be proven due to America's biased policies against Iran since the people overthrew the Shah's tyrannical rule. He was a close ally of the US... Carter praised him for his handling of public and clerical opposition to his rule, he killed thousands.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 09:35 AM

ALl I know is when I see Muslims buring the United States flag and burning images of our leaders I see hate. Is that "Hate crimes"? Becasue if it were happeneing here that is what out media would call it as well as Muslims in the United States. If citizens in the US began to do demonstrations like that and parade around the Muslims everywhere would have a fit.

Look Dave your cool with me, but understand me and many others on this board may not agree with you. The good thing about THORP is like Rodney King we can "all get along"

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore

Face it Dave you are biased. Your arguements come from your point of view. Much like others here that feel religion is not important. Muslims hate me simply because of who I am. Muslims hate all of us that do not follow their rule. Mostly of us in the United States. I never met them and they never met me. If someone has judged me before they have ever met me or us then we have a problem. Its that simple.

That's a radical over generalization. One could also say that Americans hate Muslims simply because of who they are... and that would be proven due to America's biased policies against Iran since the people overthrew the Shah's tyrannical rule. He was a close ally of the US... Carter praised him for his handling of public and clerical opposition to his rule, he killed thousands.

When they overthrew the Shah's rule, they also stormed the US Embassy and took AMERICAN hostages. This has alot to do with our pulling all diplomatic ties and reshaping policies toward Iran. If your going to make a point, don't be like those we have been discussing here and pick and choose different aspects of a situation or philosophy to make your points. The whole picture speaks volumes about both sides of this struggle, right and wrong. Also on that note, they went from one evil to another, the fundamentalists who replaced the Shah were really no better than him as far as tactics used for political purposes. I realize we will not convince you of our views, but trust me, you are not convincing anyone here of yours either. These opposing views are one of the greatest things about this country. It is also one of the types of things that would be considered illegal and punishable in these countries you seem so hellbent on defending. Do you believe for one second I could publicly state I do not believe in Allah and get away with it in Iran? I would face some form of repercussion. Religion being used for government policy is wrong, no matter what form of Religion.
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 10:33 AM

Quote:

If citizens in the US began to do demonstrations like that and parade around the Muslims everywhere would have a fit.

Hell, you saw how they reacted to CARTOONS published in a FREE country. And now murdering a Nun who apparently was telling these fucking douchebags she forgave them as she died over a quote from a 600 year old dead man which was taken WAY out of context by people who seem unable to think logically. If we began to form publicly in this country and burn the flags of Islamic nations as well as likenesses of their political and religious leaders we would be lambasted by the rest of the world worse than we already are for taking action against those who would do us harm. I say "stay the course" and see this all the way through. Call it a "crusade" if you wish, I call it justice. The President of Iran has stated he is helping to usher in the coming of the Muslim savior Al-Mahdi for the Muslim version of Apocolypse by creating chaos in that region of the world. The man is off his rocker, he fully believes he is doing Gods (Allahs) work. And whether you believe in Religion or not, here me when I say there are people who do, fanatically, and wish to do ALL harm who do not believe the same way as they do. You can say fuck religion , I know I have issues with organized religion of ANY kind, but it may come to pass that this war comes to your doorstep whether you believe in it or not. Sides are being chosen and solidified and powerfull people on both sides of the spectrum are convinced that these are in fact the "end times" and that their respective side is in the right. All I'm saying is, todays struggles cannot be ignored by ANY person, and eventually I think we will all have to make sacrifices. If the Muslims win this "Holy War" you will ALL be forced to either A) accept Allah as your God and follow the words of Muhammad or B) eat a blade. Think about it.
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 10:38 AM

Oh, and one last thing. Why aren't moderate and compassionate Muslims speaking out against the terror and injustice their own are dealing in? That is as criminal as the Pope not speaking out against the Jewish persecution in Nazi Europe, and we all know how that debacle was perceived.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 02:21 PM

The Prophet Mohamand is a cunt. Islam can suck my fucking dick and while I am at it, Christans can fuck off as well.

MM.
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
The Prophet Mohamand is a cunt. Islam can suck my fucking dick and while I am at it, Christans can fuck off as well.

MM.

So, I'm assuming you would take the sword over conversion or acceptance if it comes down to it? So...........what have you contributed to help stop this fate for yourself and the rest of the non Muslim world? If it's up to Muslims and the teachings of their Quran, we will all be faced with this choice when Al-Mahdi returns with Jesus Christ ( who, in the Quran denies being the son of God and helps to "destroy the cross") and ushers in the destruction of all Jews, Christians and non believers. Thats EXACTLY what these people are fighting for. believe me when I tell you that whether you believe in any religion or not, if Islamic prophecy is fulfilled by the radicalists, you will die for accepting anything other than Islam . Again I say, whether you believe in any form of Religion or not, you should educate yourself on what others who are spilling blood believe and what they are striving for in the name of their Gods, knowledge is more powerfull than ignorance in any instance. VERY scary shit. This IS a WAR (and it goes much further than regional policy and oil). Don't forget that for a second. It's not just on your t.v and the time for bitching, griping and debating whether it's right or not is dangerously short. I have a child and I fear every night for her future........I'm sure you other parents do too. What we are involved in right now is more serious than the John Stewarts and Bill Mahers take it. They wont be able to complain about the oppresive leadership our enemy wants to put in place the way they can about Bush.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 03:22 PM

Christ or Allah, if they step into my yard they're getting their heads blown off. I know the truth and thats all I need.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Christ or Allah, if they step into my yard they're getting their heads blown off. I know the truth and thats all I need.

This is what makes America beautiful my friends.............free exercise of the 2nd and 1st Ammendments in one paragraph.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 04:58 PM

On a lighter note, I just had a very tasty slice of pizza....
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

What kind of pizza?
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 05:28 PM

Muslims also couldn't possibly be seeing this as a battle for THEIR lives because they know that Christian fundamentalists are backing the US driven war because they believe that the second coming of Christ is imminent and that this war is helping to usher that forward. It couldn't possibly be that Muslims are pissed off because the West gives tacit support to Israel, supports the most radical of Zionist agendas because they believe that rebuilding Solomon's temple on the Temple Mount(to which the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa are tributes) will usher in the return of Christ.

You're right, this is the opening stages of a new round of crusades... YOU are backing the Crusaders because you erroneously believe that you'll have any sort of rights under their Christian world empire versus that of an al-Qa'ida world empire. Don't suffer under those illusions either. Call on people to wake the fuck up, but wake up yourself. The President you're backing is a puppet of the very Christian fundamentalists that I speak of.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:

What kind of pizza?

oh it was breathtaking
it had
bacon
sausage
peperoni and
an unidentified meat on it
perhaps ground beef
i feel a dump coming on real soon
it was greasy to say the least
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What kind of pizza?

oh it was breathtaking
it had
bacon
sausage
peperoni and
an unidentified meat on it
perhaps ground beef
i feel a dump coming on real soon
it was greasy to say the least

Unidentified meat heh? sounds tasty!
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Muslims also couldn't possibly be seeing this as a battle for THEIR lives because they know that Christian fundamentalists are backing the US driven war because they believe that the second coming of Christ is imminent and that this war is helping to usher that forward. It couldn't possibly be that Muslims are pissed off because the West gives tacit support to Israel, supports the most radical of Zionist agendas because they believe that rebuilding Solomon's temple on the Temple Mount(to which the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa are tributes) will usher in the return of Christ.

You're right, this is the opening stages of a new round of crusades... YOU are backing the Crusaders because you erroneously believe that you'll have any sort of rights under their Christian world empire versus that of an al-Qa'ida world empire. Don't suffer under those illusions either. Call on people to wake the fuck up, but wake up yourself. The President you're backing is a puppet of the very Christian fundamentalists that I speak of.

Dave, if you go back and carefully re-read my latest set of statements (which are my opinion, and I expect no one else to adopt) I did in fact point my finger at both sides, yes, men of power from both ends are in belief that they do Gods bidding and they are helping to usher in the coming of their respective messiahs. I back the President because I gave my word to you and everyone else in this country that I would when I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution and became a member of this countries military. It's up to voters to decide who it is that holds those reigns. Look at it this way, you only have to put up with him for two more years, then you can try and get the person you feel is right into office. Don't forget to vote in November either...........and not voting because of lack of faith in the system is a fuckin copout and I don't want to hear it. I don't accept Allah as the one true God and I do not accept Muhammad as the prophet of this God, and I will put a fucking bullet into the head of anyone who has the agenda of forcing this on me and mine.
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 08:43 AM

To the rest of the board, I apologize for carrying this thread on, I know it's irritating, so now............I am done.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 11:19 AM

The whole purpose of my starting the thread was to evoke discussion, so feel free to carry on.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 11:35 AM

I'm ready for another slice of mystery meat pizza mmmmmmm
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 11:57 AM

I'm stopping fer a couple of slices on my way to school.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
upyerbum
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 12:02 PM

I don't think its irritating. I think its good to air this stuff. You keep it bottled up and shit starts exploding. I personally, am witness to very little racism or intolerance so it always surprises me the level that it still exists outside my own little world. I'm not accusing anyone of anything with that statement, merely pointing out if we don't discuss our problems and differences how can we be aware of them.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 04:32 PM

Alot of my "intolerance" if you will stems from a personal experience I had in the UAE (United Arab Emirates) in the city of Dubai. It was my first deployment with the Navy and I was real green in the gills (pardon the pun) so I was out with some seasoned veterans taking in another culture. Eating their food, visiting their museums, drinking their beer and what not. Well, as we get ready to enter this nautical museum I see a man across the street in traditional garb with a woman trailing about 20 or so paces behind him. He comes up on another fellow and they begin to talk........the woman meanwhile comes up behind him and apparently gets "too close" for his liking. I shit you not when I tell you he turned without skipping a beat and hit her right in the face and proceeded to berade her with mumbo jumbo speak. She recoiled and walked back to "her place" and patiently waited for him to finish his conversation with the other raghea.......er, I mean indigenous person. I of course began to walk across the street and was stopped by a Boatswains Mate First Class who then told me that was part of their culture and "accepted"and their was nothing I could do about it. I will never forget that, and it fuels my dislike for that "culture" to this day. I am very passionate about this and always will be.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 05:30 PM

Don't confuse culture with religion.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Alot of my "intolerance" if you will stems from a personal experience I had in the UAE (United Arab Emirates) in the city of Dubai. It was my first deployment with the Navy and I was real green in the gills (pardon the pun) so I was out with some seasoned veterans taking in another culture. Eating their food, visiting their museums, drinking their beer and what not. Well, as we get ready to enter this nautical museum I see a man across the street in traditional garb with a woman trailing about 20 or so paces behind him. He comes up on another fellow and they begin to talk........the woman meanwhile comes up behind him and apparently gets "too close" for his liking. I shit you not when I tell you he turned without skipping a beat and hit her right in the face and proceeded to berade her with mumbo jumbo speak. She recoiled and walked back to "her place" and patiently waited for him to finish his conversation with the other raghea.......er, I mean indigenous person. I of course began to walk across the street and was stopped by a Boatswains Mate First Class who then told me that was part of their culture and "accepted"and their was nothing I could do about it. I will never forget that, and it fuels my dislike for that "culture" to this day. I am very passionate about this and always will be.

What you witnessed literally has nothing to do with Islam. Muhammad straight said "do not hit the handmaidens of God." And "the best among you is he who is best to his wife."

That sort of patriarchal bullshit was present in Arab culture long before Islam and was literally far worse before Muhammad came along. I have a dislike of Arab culture as much as the next guy, particularly because they often believe themselves to be inherently better Muslims than someone who is NOT Arab.... whilst I practice my faith and many of them do not. Believe me most of the Muslims in this world are sick and tired of Arab nationalist Wahhabis and Salafis trying to force the rest of us to adapt to their idea of the Islamic way of life.

The more you couch your disdain for Muslim extremists(I won't grant them the dignity of being referred to as "Islamic") in crusader-speak the more you're going to radicalize Muslims like me or the innocent dude that runs the falafel stand downtown. Then there'll be hell to pay... were this a war on Islam, if this turns into a war on Islam, rest assured that we will not go quietly into concentration camps like our Jewish cousins... and 1.3 billion pissed of Muslims fighting for their lives won't be a pretty site.

What I'm curious about, though, is whether or not your attidude Voodoo is standard amongst the military circles your run in. I've heard my brother, a National Guardsman, express sentiments of "I want to kill some towelheads"... but he's a Guardsman and hasn't done shit but go to basic and serve his weekend and spend a little time down south after Katrina. Is your attitude typical of the military?

Voodoobillyman

[*] posted on 9-22-2006 at 09:29 AM

No.......contrary to poular belief we actually think for ourselves and we don't all share the same opinion. You would be surprised to find the majority of the military is just as, if not more, critical of our Commander in Chief. And way more tolerant of your culture than most of yours are of ours. We know this war is half on the ups and half bullshit, and alot of good people died for bullshit reasons. I carry my intolerance for my own reasons, I believe moderate Muslims are not focusing their energies where they should right now. Why are they not speaking out as loudly about radicalists as they do when the Pope quotes a 600 year old dead man and made it clear the quote was not how he believed and went even further as to call it wrong. His words were picked over and chosen by Muslim leaders for their own needs. As far as Crusader speak, believe me when I tell you Dave, that with all of my heart do I wish we could co-exist in the world peacefully worshipping whatever it is that makes sense to our faith, I really do, it's part of the reason I wear my uniform. I want this all to end diplomatically just like most, I don't like seeing people die for reasons I consider foolish and I DO consider most of the reasons right now to be utterly foolish. We need leadership on both sides of this conflict to take a step back and really think about the reasons it is occuring. Yes, United States policy in the Middle East needs to change and yes Israel and Palestine need to be MADE to sit down together and really hash this out. The jews are not going anywhere whether the Arabs want them to or not. So now they have to hash out how to live amongst one another without killing each others futures by decimating one anothers peoples. Iraq was a mistake at the time it happened, it should have been handled differently, and this is where I am most critical of MY presidents decisions. He should have focused more on Afghanistan and Al Queda with their Taliban supporters. The upcoming elections are going to change alot in this country I think, hopefully for the better. It is time to heal wounds and rethink strategies. I can appreciate the difference between radical and moderate Muslims and I tend to , like most humans, categorize too broadly when impassioned. I apologize for this. Please don't think the whole of the US military is ignorant in thinking ALL Muslims are our enemies, that is most certainly not the case, not even with me. But there are a LARGE amnount who are taking up this "end times" attitude and cause and that frightens the shit out of me. I am prepared to go and do what I have to do to protect the Freedoms of this country. Please.......come election time, VOTE!! I'm sorry we have to do this on this board, I would love to meet face to face with you Dave and have a real conversation on this, I'm sure we would both walk away knowing more which is always beneficial. I will refrain from anymore derogatory remarks in reference to your beliefs, I don't want you to think of me this way, I'm really a free thinking decent person and willing to accept alot of things. I appreciate your differentiation between radical Mulsims and true followers of your faith. I need to keep that distinction in mind when passing judgements. Now.........let's all go get some mystery meat pizza and cold brews, be it beer or root beer.
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top