Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: For those of you in bands
SlobDylan

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 09:16 PM
For those of you in bands

or for those of you who are just interested, what is your policy or what are your thoughts about playing 21+ shows? 18+, etc.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 09:28 PM

As a fan, I like the age restrictions, but that's cause I don't feel like being surrounded by a bunch of little kids. Yes, I am a mean old bastard.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 9-18-2006 at 11:01 PM

it's good to mix it up. with a bit of an older sound we always went down better at bars to tell you the truth. people will listen to anything when they're loaded i guess :D we always made a point of playing some all ages shows though. i always hated not being able to see bands when i was underage.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 02:16 AM

im not really interested in playing shows for kids

you come at the king....you best not miss
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 06:51 AM

We always tried to play all-ages. Obviously preferred the bar shows, but playing all-ages always left me really energized and nostalgic.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
We always tried to play all-ages. Obviously preferred the bar shows, but playing all-ages always left me really energized and nostalgic.

Yea, we play pretty much anywhere theres beer, and kids.
The all ages shows are the best, we just drink in the van!
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 09:50 AM

All ages shows all the way. However that was back in the mid ninities when things were a little different in hardcore. Now I think I would enojy the older crowd without the douchebag computer moron kids who sit on their ass and bitch about everything. O and wear gay ass makeup.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 09:50 AM

Bottom line though is if you pay to get in then its all good.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 09:51 AM

i rather not go to all ages shows. the lil bastards there in their as i lay crapping t shirts are closer in age to my kid than they are to me. plus i usually need a few beers to get through the 5 shitty opening bands anyway....
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 10:09 AM

I see no point to an 18+ show at all. I get that a 21+ show is because the place wants everyone there to drink, but what does 18+ do to benefit the club? I think that there are enough places that can be all ages and still serve alcohol so I vote all ages.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 10:45 AM

with the exception of playing cowbell in edgewise on occasions, i was never really in a band.
but from a band's prospective, i would imagine getting in front of as many ears as possible is the goal. sometimes that means 12+, some times that means all ages. as an attendee, as much as i don't like feeling like an old guy around a bunch of 16yo toughguys, as long as i can drink, i don't care.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 10:48 AM

I guess it's different in the States but you can still drink at an all-ages show up here, at least in Toronto. They check yer ID at the door and give you a wristband if yer drinking. Anyone caught giving kids a drink get booted, and kids caught drinking get booted.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SlobDylan
or for those of you who are just interested, what is your policy or what are your thoughts about playing 21+ shows? 18+, etc.

Play music because it is your outlet. It is your time, and your enjoyment. Fuck the kids. Play all age and 21+. Dont restrain yourself from one or the other. Play shows and have a good time.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 01:09 PM

All I know is with me and growing up around hardcore/punk/ hell even some metal I know that it sucked to have a hard time to get into a show because of age. Sneaking in was a bitch and showin up to a show and finding out that it was 18 or 21 and over really fucking sucked. Especially when most of the fans were underage. Music is for everyone.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I guess it's different in the States but you can still drink at an all-ages show up here, at least in Toronto. They check yer ID at the door and give you a wristband if yer drinking. Anyone caught giving kids a drink get booted, and kids caught drinking get booted.

that definitely happens here as well, but i think the law by state, maybe even by town.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
SlobDylan

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 06:26 PM

Thanks, I like to hear peoples opinions on this topic. I vote all ages though I am all for drinking in the van!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 06:28 PM

fuck all ages
i dont care if its not "hardcore" to say that or whatever
i dont wanna be around a bunch of kids that dont know shit yet

you come at the king....you best not miss
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-20-2006 at 09:25 AM

kids under 21 aren't ready to see The Bad Vibes live. they just aren't ready for that shit.

Go To Top