Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Poll: Radio
Sirius --- 6 (42.86%)
XM --- 1 (7.14%)
I refuse to pay for good radio --- 7 (50%)

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Radio
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 9-22-2006 at 09:46 AM

cool, thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was a little off, they said his ratings aren't what was expected, I thought that sounded a little wierd.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 9-22-2006 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
cool, thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was a little off, they said his ratings aren't what was expected, I thought that sounded a little wierd.

When you hear them say anything about 'ratings' just ignore it because there are no ratings for Satelite Radio. They have no way to track what channels people are listening to.

When Howard announced he was going to Sirius they had 600,000 subscribers. It is now about 11 months later and they have over 4 Million subscribers and they are expecting to reach 6 Million by the end of the year.

From the begining they said that it would take 1 Million new subscriptions to pay for Howards entire contract so that sounds like it has been paid for! The reason that Sirius is probably not actually turning a profit is because they are still a newer company and they are spending a lot of money reinvesting into the company on new satelites, new products, new talents etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top