Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Way to go America. You voted for this piece of shit.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
I hear alot of talking for the working class. Which is wonderful but thats not all thats going on. I as well have a day job. Have three children. Own a small business. Coach soccer. And am still active. Its makes up who I am. What some of you arent realizing that what is posted above does not mean myself or even you directly, right now. I know tortures have been going on for years. But what concerns me is that things are being set up in a very anti american way. Jobs being sent overseas. Corporate corruption with no accountability. Mass control of the media to where Americans get one side of the story readily available. Even in the case above, someone such as me could be considered a terrorist and be subject to such occurances. Some of you may joke on that being a good thing ( :cool: ) but it really isnt that far from the truth and its not ok. For christ sakes the current administration called the democrats "supporters of terrorism" when they wouldnt support his decisions. Thats a fucked up thing to say, but this law is subject to those HE feels is a supporter of terrorism. You need to understand that this is not some make believe shit I am making up. I dont live in a fairy tale world where I'll just put my head down and nothing will bother me. And I certainly dont believe that me posting on a messageboard, or any action I take is gonna change the world. But there is a real threat happening by this administartion and I wish to fuck instead of chastizing me, some of you would dig a bit deeper. This administration is not the Nixon years, or "oh gees, the government is corrupt". Its a lot deeper than that. It may not effect you now, or even ever. But what if I was actually right. What if in the end.. It does effect you and your children.

who's chastizing you?
you're the one not allowing others to have an opinion because they dont "care" as much as you do
have your opinion
more power to you
i just dont give a fuck
im trying to get through the day friend

you come at the king....you best not miss
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 04:28 PM

You've read the posts to know where I can make the statement of being chastized. And I absolutely welcome other opinions. But I want a debate. Not personal attacks and the questioning of my own integrity for what I believe. But thats not even the topic I want to get into.

I have no problem with men (and women) such as yourself who say they dont really care. It is your choice. But I do, and thats what this has been all about, trying to bring awareness or at least presenting the possibility of these corruptions and the things to come from them. And even those that stand against what I believe I would still shake their hand and drink a beer with them. Like you, I'm trying to get by.

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
You've read the posts to know where I can make the statement of being chastized. And I absolutely welcome other opinions. But I want a debate. Not personal attacks and the questioning of my own integrity for what I believe. But thats not even the topic I want to get into.

I have no problem with men (and women) such as yourself who say they dont really care. It is your choice. But I do, and thats what this has been all about, trying to bring awareness or at least presenting the possibility of these corruptions and the things to come from them. And even those that stand against what I believe I would still shake their hand and drink a beer with them. Like you, I'm trying to get by.

see the problem i have with all this is that you feel the need to make people "aware"
i dont need to be made aware of anything
im pretty informed and have decided i dont care
sometimes these statements come off like you or whoever is presenting them feel like they are hip to something that others are not
and they feel this need to let the other "less informed" people know all the brilliant observations that they have made about things
i feel like im being talked down to
i dont need anyone to tell me anything

again, i dont knock your opinions
i probably agree with you more then you realize
i just dont give a shit anymore

you come at the king....you best not miss
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
Quote:
politics is for the rich
its all the same
working class have no time for this crap
too busy gettin by
it will never change, reguardless of how is in charge
as a wise man once said "ive got bills to pay"
thats what im worried about
me and mine
the rest of the world can burn to the ground

interesting because i more or less said something very similar to this to my girlfriend last night when we were talking about something.
no matter who is in charge or what they stand for they will fuck you over in a new way the other guy before him didn't.

we are always on the same page bro
cuz we work hard for our kids
cuz we bust ass working and getting by
and cuz we are smarter than most people

must be the Philly wooter

heh
indeed

I'm not gonna lie and say it's not....
oh mr bad vibes
is there any news on the new band?
baker's moving back in to the ud and i may try and make some noise with him and whatever other talentless assholes i can find....
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 09:45 PM

Quote:
sometimes these statements come off like you or whoever is presenting them feel like they are hip to something that others are not
and they feel this need to let the other "less informed" people know all the brilliant observations that they have made about things
i feel like im being talked down to
i dont need anyone to tell me anything

If that is in fact how I am coming across than I sincerely apologize. That is nowhere near my intention. It not about putting myself on a some pedalstal or seeming as though I discovered treasure in davey jones locker. My intention has always been to inform, or present these things since most media outlets especially in America do not. I never wanted to make it appear that I am talking down or superior in anyway. I dont live my life that way. I consider myself a good person. I'm very passionate about political topics and maybe thats where I led myself astray, in how I deliver that passion. I stand by what I say, but again I apologize if it seemed I was talking down to you or anyone. Certainly not what I intended. Goodnight all.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 10:55 PM

Quote:

I can see where you're coming from on this, but I still think torture can be an effective tool at times. The people they're talking about torturing are terrorists who don't live by rules or a code of conduct. All they know is hatred for our way of life. They want to destroy us and people act like we should trat them with kid gloves, like all they're doing is shoplifting a pack of gum. I think we need to fight violence with violence, because chances are that it's the only way some of these assholes will talk. They can provide necessary information that could save many lives. If we need to hurt them to get it then that's fine with me. I'll sleep well at night knowing it happens.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 11:07 PM

I don't doubt George Bush & the White House have snuck through some crazy shit. They can detain their own people at Guantanamo without due process already, and a state of emergency was declared after Katrina so they could also legally detain people without cause if they wanted.

I also believe this shit could be true, but without the source or a copy of the bill that was passed available to read, I'm not going to believe this shit. Do a search on Google for some random text, all you find is blog & board posts of the story & that's it.

I stopped reading this thread half way down the first page too. No point arguing over some Internet chain letter.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I can see where you're coming from on this, but I still think torture can be an effective tool at times. The people they're talking about torturing are terrorists who don't live by rules or a code of conduct. All they know is hatred for our way of life. They want to destroy us and people act like we should trat them with kid gloves, like all they're doing is shoplifting a pack of gum. I think we need to fight violence with violence, because chances are that it's the only way some of these assholes will talk. They can provide necessary information that could save many lives. If we need to hurt them to get it then that's fine with me. I'll sleep well at night knowing it happens.

Torture is a difficult topic overall. Its tough for me to justify breeding violence but I absolutely understand anyones stance on it being essential in war. My biggest concern is how it is being set up. Their are no specifics. The generality of it is what scares me. That Bush can deem anyone a terrorist and hold them without due cause. This includes but not limited to civilians as well. Anyone speaking out. This can be manipulated to include the torture of any revolt in this free land. This example includes protests and other such acts. Pull all of that together and that is what scares and concerns me.

CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 04:28 PM

All very good points being made. I think we can all agree a "terrorist" is a worthless piece of shit. What I mean by a terrorist is someone who wants to kill Westerners just because the are Westerners.

With that said, this bill is an incredible thing and it up to some crazy interpretations. I think "MyOwnWay" is making me aware, that's for sure. So now that I am aware and if it does begin to piss me off, now what? I don't have faith in the leadership of this country to do the right thing. I truly beleive they don't have mybest interest in mind. I'm a married white guy in Missouri. I think both parties beleive I'm already in their pocket. What they seem to really care about is what is going to get them more money and re-elected. But that is a whole other story.

My point is, what can I really do about this as one guy or say I rally 10 friends. What can we do?
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline

Torture is a difficult topic overall. Its tough for me to justify breeding violence but I absolutely understand anyones stance on it being essential in war. My biggest concern is how it is being set up. Their are no specifics. The generality of it is what scares me. That Bush can deem anyone a terrorist and hold them without due cause. This includes but not limited to civilians as well. Anyone speaking out. This can be manipulated to include the torture of any revolt in this free land. This example includes protests and other such acts. Pull all of that together and that is what scares and concerns me.

Looking at it from that perspective, I guess I see your point. We just need to know where to draw the line.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 10-6-2006 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
What I mean by a terrorist is someone who wants to kill Westerners just because the are Westerners.

There's a lot more too it than just being Western.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
My point is, what can I really do about this as one guy or say I rally 10 friends. What can we do?

It depends how involved you'd like to be. For starters, begin talking to people about what you see, think, hear and feel politicaly. Listen to others opinions as well in the discussion. Whether they agree or not. Its informative. Next step. You could begin campagning for congress, senate and local and state government reps that share your feelings. No politician is ideal, but figure whats most important to you and start their, look for those ideals within them. Let others know why you are supporting them in the polls. Hand out flyers and stickers for those you support. Past that, become more active in your community awareness. There are many others who feel the same way you do. Embrace each other and your cause. You can protest (non violent) on smaller levels that make your local news (paper and or tv). This will bring further awareness to the things you, and those like you, stand for. Now as an individual, you can join national organizations and take action with the functions they are presenting. Some things may not seem appealing. Alot of these things take work and exposure of your feelings. I'll list some websites below that may be a good start. Just be aware, there are many people who feel the way you do. But many who do not. You will take a lot of verbal abuse pending how far into being an activist you become. Be ready for it, and have thick skin. Stay knowledgeable.

If you would like more information or look to get increasingly involved let me know. I'll gladly help. Above all else. Start talking about it. Some of the links below are my from my favorites on my computer, so click home, on some of them to get to the main page.

http://www.aclu.org/

http://www.democracynow.org/

http://www.linktv.org/

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=77&con...

http://www.undergroundactionalliance.org/resources.php?r_sec...

http://www.israelnationalradio.com/

http://www.militaryfreezone.org/

http://www.loosechange911.com/

http://lonelantern.org/home.html

http://www.libertyspeeches.org/

godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 04:45 PM

Loosechange?
Israelnationalradio?

Wow.

So a website that says our own goverment brought down the towers and killed all those people and another site for non other then Isreal are your sources for activism? Please, you take it hook line and sinker.

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by godabandonedme
Loosechange?
Israelnationalradio?

Wow.

So a website that says our own goverment brought down the towers and killed all those people and another site for non other then Isreal are your sources for activism? Please, you take it hook line and sinker.

Yes. I believe 9.11 was an inside job.

Yes. I get news sources from different places in the world. You'd be suprised the American political figures that speak out on such radio programs.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top