Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Speaking of White Trash Rob....
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 12:02 AM
Speaking of White Trash Rob....

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&frien...

Rob contacted me and told me that
"Blood For Blood is going to be playing out again real soon. The band is definitely gonna start with weekend shows within the next few months (probably starting in the late winter/early spring). We'll definitely hit all the major cities and markets that've turned out for us in the past, like Detroit, NYC, Baltimore, D.C., Boston, etc. I definitely would like to finally headline Chicago too. Then who knows? Maybe some touring (like the West Coast and shit like that). And we are DEFINITELY talking about recording another full length. I can't disclose which labels we are negotiating with BUT I'll tell you this: it'll be the most fucking aggressive, brutal, vicious, anthem-packed, hateful, rage-driven, kick-the-guy-next-to-you-in-the-face-ish album ever. And I mean ever. There will be no experimental material or any repeating lyrical content/concepts like there was on Serenity. Just rage. If hatred had a sound, it would be this new BFB album. I'm actually tentatively calling the album "HATRED", and I certainly refer to it as such in my head when I think about it. So keep all your eyes open for show dates and more news...

Also, I've finally decided on a publisher that I'm happy with (after months sifting and sorting through various offers) to put out the book that I've been working on for years. My life's goal/dream has been to publish my writing and get it out there to the general public. The first book is tentatively titled "White Trash Manifesto (a survival guide to the strange, surreal, sad, and terrible little corner of the American nightmare I've called my world)". Though a substantial portion of the material is auto-biographical in nature, to call this book an "auto-biography" would be misleading and wrong. This first book will basically include any and every story or humorous anecdote I've ever told to amuse my friends or to entertain a crowd at a bar, back-stage, or out front of a club. There will be sections devoted to Family and Early Childhood, The Projects, The Treatment of Retards and The Less Fortunate in My Hometown. There will be sections on Sex (basically I will illustrate what a fucking weirdo and pervert I am), Drugs and Addiction, Alcoholism in My Life and In My Family, Violence (my experiences with it, and all the horrible, nauseating shit I've seen people do to one another over the years), Gangs (my own and all the others across the country I've come to know over the years), Depression and Mental Illness (I know this subject so intimately that I could write a book about it. Oh wait...), Rock N' Roll, etc. That's just a very short list of the subjects I'll be tackling and elaborating on in this first book. There will also be essays on politics, society, the state of the world and life in general, etc.

The second book (which I've also already begun) is a collection of fictional short stories that is going to be titled "Cell Phone Calls From The Dead". Though many of the stories in this book are fantastical and horror-ish upon cursory evaluation (there are reanimated corpses, ghosts, and, obviously, cell-phone calls from dead people), the stories are actually, at their core, about loss, death, the passing of time and the pain of all of the above. I am very excited about this book.

On a related note, Buddha is going to school for computer animation and with his newly aquired skills, he and I are going to do an episodic, Twilight Zone-esque, horror cartoon series titled (approriately enough) "Cell Phone Calls From The Dead". This is something that I'm very excited about. We are basically going to do animated versions of my short stories. We haven't even looked for anyone to fund it or to put it out yet but we don't care about that anyway; it is something that we are going to do regardless.

Buddha is also going to illustrate my books. Also, with the first book, there will be an initial limited run of two hundred hard copies that will each be numbered and signed by myself (who else, right?) with a unique, distinct hand-written blurb/statement above the signature. Accompaning each of these limited hard covers will be a DVD. The DVD will include a live acoustic set by yours truly, and a live reading of selected excerpts from the book by me (again, who else, right?) from the same night as the live acoustic set. But here's the best part. Buddha is gonna animate the selected excerpts so there will basically be cartoon versions of some of the stories. Isn't that pissah'? The DVD will also function as an audio CD of the reading of the selected excerpts.

There is a new Ramallah EP on the way soon. I hope to begin recording it within the next few weeks. I have been talking to the legendary Zeuss (he's recorded Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, Madball, Terror, AF, etc.) about engineering and co-producing it with me. I really hope that works out but either way the EP should be out sometime around Christmas (maybe a little later). This new Ramallah will be very heavy, very brutal and very focused. The lyrics are so dark that I can't even begin to describe them. On Kill A Celebrity, there was some melodic, almost pop-ish stuff. NOT on this EP, baby. Put your helmet on for the new Ramallah. It's gonna crack your fucking skull.

Lastly, I got a full length acoustic CD coming out soon (probably on Sailor's Grave records). It's basically gonna 16 or so songs of me just singing some pretty, sad songs with my acoustic guitar. I will probably record a few Sinners & Saints songs on this CD and a BFB song or two (like Shut My Eyes Forever and Livin' In Exile). Keep an eye out for that 'cause it's probably gonna come out soon.

That's about all for now. I got a tattoo to get done. I'm writing this update from Wicked Tattoo's in Garden City Detroit and my boy Mike D is about to lay some fucking pain on my ribs. I ain't going to tell you what tattoo I'm getting but you'll be seeing it soon. Trust me.

Take care, fuck heads.
Rob Lind
serenity

Mood: nikola sarcevic

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 05:43 AM

this sounds fucking great.

it ends
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 08:16 AM

Remember when he said Serenity was the only album recently he put an effort into in that making of thing on the CD? Now hes downplaying it and its repetitive subject matter? This band is yawn central since Revenge on Society.
Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 08:33 AM

best news I've heard in awhile

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Remember when he said Serenity was the only album recently he put an effort into in that making of thing on the CD? Now hes downplaying it and its repetitive subject matter? This band is yawn central since Revenge on Society.

wrong
the ONLY new "hardcore band that matters

you come at the king....you best not miss
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 10:37 AM

Whats wrong? the fact that he said that (maybe I'm a word or two off, but thats what he said during the making of cdr thing on serenity) or the fact that they haven't written a good album since Revenge on Society.

and theres so many bands that are better than B4B in the past 10 years thats its laughable. Up to RoS they were UNTOUCHABLE. After that... recycled riffs, lyrics, concepts, etc...Bamboozle for Bamboozle.

If people genuinely like the new stuff thats great, different strokes... but to pretend theyre the only band to have mattered since RoS or that they still are doing somthing important is just rediculous.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 10:37 AM

and "new"?

Huh??
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 12:58 PM

Damn that guys been busy. I'm looking forward to all of it. Especially the BFB full length.

upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
wrong

I'm the biggest fucking music snob in the world when it comes to new bands, I brushed these guys aside for years...until I actually sat down and listened to them.....then I was hooked.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 05:29 PM

i think im most excited to read his stuff and also the acoustic album. shut my eyes forever is one of those songs that is not really bfb style but is really heartfelt sounding..its all good news...
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 06:15 PM

all of this is such amazing news. BFB is for sure one of my all time fav bands, can't wait to get my hands on all this shit.

MM.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
Damn that guys been busy. I'm looking forward to all of it. Especially the BFB full length.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:

wrong

I'm right there with you MBV
The rest of the projects the guys are working on also sound very interesting.
I liked serenty and outlaw anthems alot.
Bands progress
you cant keep making recorde like spit my last breath over and over again. theres nothing wrong with their early material, but i for one like the newer stuff even better.
I would like to have them play Philadelphia, but I'm not gonna be holding my breath.
I also think Kill A Celebrity was the best cd I picked up in 2005 for this genre of music.
But again my opinionis my opinion.
I see good things ahead for Rob Lind.
Surprisingly, for a guy who apparently has some serious drug issues, he has a fuck ton of stuff lined up.
I just hope he never dares try and rap again.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 09:20 PM

WOW, looks like I'm sepnding some money in the near future
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 10-7-2006 at 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
WOW, looks like I'm sepnding some money in the near future

That sounds about right.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 12:55 AM

Quote:
Whats wrong? the fact that he said that (maybe I'm a word or two off, but thats what he said during the making of cdr thing on serenity) or the fact that they haven't written a good album since Revenge on Society.

and theres so many bands that are better than B4B in the past 10 years thats its laughable. Up to RoS they were UNTOUCHABLE. After that... recycled riffs, lyrics, concepts, etc...Bamboozle for Bamboozle.

If people genuinely like the new stuff thats great, different strokes... but to pretend theyre the only band to have mattered since RoS or that they still are doing somthing important is just rediculous.

so many bands?
please please please name one

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 01:02 AM

some people are never satisfied

i cant think of one "hardcore" band that is worth my $10 as of latley
but then again im an asshole
latley more and more i feel i must have outgrown this whole shit storm
i can relate to most of the lyrical content of B4B.
u could give a shit about most of the other bands i hear spoken about herein
but whatever
im kinda drunk
i had my girlfriend listen to the bad vibes tonight
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

but whatever
im kinda drunk

did she break up with you after that?
i would have

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 02:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

but whatever
im kinda drunk

did she break up with you after that?
i would have

nah she was diggin it actually.....
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:

so many bands?

Haymaker.

Fucked Up.

H8INC.

Municipal Waste.

Stout.

Theres 5 off the top of my head.

Not one of them have written an album full of recycled material to fullfill a contractual obligation to a record company, i.e. Outlaw Anthems.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

so many bands?

Haymaker.

Fucked Up.

H8INC.

Municipal Waste.

Stout.

Not one of them have written an album full of recycled material to fullfill a contractual obligation to a record company, i.e. Outlaw Anthems.

everyones entitled to an opinion, some are just worse than others..............BfB have not made one bad album to date and are the most important "hardcore" band to do anything since the mid nineties.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:48 AM

i love the way outlaw anthems sounds, so what if some of the lyrics are about the same stuff, guess what....THATS WHAT THE BAND HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT!!
ekelof

Mood: Everything from Marley to Sheer Terror

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 11:51 AM

The question is how I'm gonna afford to buy all this shit.

Spriten r?ddade mig fr?n sporten.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyfists28
i love the way outlaw anthems sounds, so what if some of the lyrics are about the same stuff, guess what....THATS WHAT THE BAND HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT!!

So how did they manage to express "what the band has always been about" before that album without repeating lyrics verbatim and reusing riffs?
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-8-2006 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

so many bands?

Haymaker.

Fucked Up.

H8INC.

Municipal Waste.

Stout.

everyones entitled to an opinion, some are just worse than others..............BfB have not made one bad album to date and are the most important "hardcore" band to do anything since the mid nineties.

What is "important" about them...?

"Important" was Spit My Last Breath. Important was doing somthing different and changing the culture of bands around you.

I don't get whats "important" about going through the motions and reusuing things to fill out a record contract.

To elborate on the "same stuff" or themed band arguement, tons of bands cover the same themes conceptually in their music over and over

Neglect...basically every song they ever wrote was about suicide/wanting to die...yet I never remember them reusing the same riffs in a song or quoting themselves in lyrics.

Murphys Law...truckloads of songs about partying...whens the last time Jimmy G quoted himself in a song or they reused a riff...oh yeah, never.

I'm sure theres a bunch of other examples...but my chicken breasts need turning.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top