Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The Misfits
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 10-22-2006 at 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
Quote:
Originally posted by Kid Ugly
Take it from a guy who lives in one of Graves' neighboring towns...the guy's a cocksucking loser.

I just prefer his voice to Danzig's. Just curious, do you hate the guy because of his politics or is he just an asshole?

Frankly he's just an asshole. I don't even know what his politics are.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 06:52 AM

I hate him because he actually gave people the rediculous option of choosing him over Danzig.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Guess I'm the only one who liked Famous Monsters.

nah I like that album a lot as well.

As far as the question, I would have to say Danzig. Graves is great, but Danzig was the Misfits.

MM.
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 11:33 AM

There is no misfits without Danzig.
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 11:39 AM

I suppose you may be right. Now imagaine if there was no Danzig without the Misfits. Ahhh what a workd it would be.

MM.
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 12:09 PM

uh... dude.
what?
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 12:30 PM

My whole thing is I just consider Misfits with Graves as a different band, should have changed their name. Danzig was the Misfits.

As for the current "Misfits" Jerry Only has going, that's just an embarrassment. It's pretty bad when even your own brother won't back your play.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GabeTexasGAMC
uh... dude.
what?

I am saying if after the misfits broke up, Danzig had dropped off the dace of the earth. In my humble opinion it would have been a good thing.

MM.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
My whole thing is I just consider Misfits with Graves as a different band, should have changed their name. Danzig was the Misfits.

As for the current "Misfits" Jerry Only has going, that's just an embarrassment. It's pretty bad when even your own brother won't back your play.

Backed 99%. I would probably listen to the Graves shit if it was a different band, but because they insisted on calling themselves the Misfits, I say fuck it.

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
Quote:
Originally posted by GabeTexasGAMC
uh... dude.
what?

I am saying if after the misfits broke up, Danzig had dropped off the dace of the earth. In my humble opinion it would have been a good thing.

MM.

Disagree. Asshole though he might be, I dig Samhain and Danzig.
dummkopf

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kid Ugly
Take it from a guy who lives in one of Graves' neighboring towns...the guy's a cocksucking loser.
a conservativepunk.com schmuck on top of it....
Gooch

Mood: Government Warning

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 02:59 PM

I saw them twice in '96(one of them being Halloween night!) with Graves and it was cool. They sounded great and it was awesome to hear those songs live. That being said, they should have never recorded. The world didn't need new Misfits records in the late 90s. Even if it was Glenn singing, I still wouldn't want them to record.
They ruined a little of the legacy at that point. Jerry and Doyle showing up on WCW. Misfits dolls? Then getting rid of Graves and having Zoli sing? How could a dude with Cali tan and bleached hair front the Misfits? Wish I could have seen that. Is Jerry still taking this circus on the road?

I'm still holding out hope that there will be a full reunion some day. I know the chances of it happening are slim as fuck, but everyone has a price.

My mind is Clear, Free from hurt. My mind is Clear, Value its worth!
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 03:00 PM

I never heard nor bought any of the new stuff with that other singer. I did see them live and the newer songs were not bad but seriously. They are not THE MISFITS. And I got into them when DANZIG was in SAMHAIN. Even though they broke up he is still the originator.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gooch
I saw them twice in '96(one of them being Halloween night!) with Graves and it was cool. They sounded great and it was awesome to hear those songs live. That being said, they should have never recorded. The world didn't need new Misfits records in the late 90s. Even if it was Glenn singing, I still wouldn't want them to record.
They ruined a little of the legacy at that point. Jerry and Doyle showing up on WCW. Misfits dolls? Then getting rid of Graves and having Zoli sing? How could a dude with Cali tan and bleached hair front the Misfits? Wish I could have seen that. Is Jerry still taking this circus on the road?

I'm still holding out hope that there will be a full reunion some day. I know the chances of it happening are slim as fuck, but everyone has a price.

I have me some footage of Doyle joining Danzig on stage in Philadelphia in 2005 to do about a half hour's worth of Misfits songs. That was cool.
Having seen that, I don't see it being too far fetched to see something of a reunion. But I would think it would have to be some kinda aniversary thing like 25 years or something. When did they start 77? So were coming up on 30 then,,,,
Gooch

Mood: Government Warning

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooch

I have me some footage of Doyle joining Danzig on stage in Philadelphia in 2005 to do about a half hour's worth of Misfits songs. That was cool.
Having seen that, I don't see it being too far fetched to see something of a reunion. But I would think it would have to be some kinda aniversary thing like 25 years or something. When did they start 77? So were coming up on 30 then,,,,

ya, there was talk of it for the 25 year thing, but I don't think Danzig was ever on board.

My mind is Clear, Free from hurt. My mind is Clear, Value its worth!
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 05:14 PM

Quote:

I do have to agree with you on that one. Danzig era Misfits and Geaves era Misfits are two completely sepeate bands.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 09:11 PM

Danzig for sure. I was introduced to the Misfits loooong after they broke up... I was 3 when they did.... but I loved what I heard before Graves came into the picture. Just wasn't the same... it's even less the same because all these mall punks and other sorts of poseurs are into the Misfits more than anybody it seems.

It pains me to see kids wearing giant size Misfits shirts with giant size pants with 1,000 pockets and straps dragging on the fucking floor and shoes with soles as thick as Kiss' platforms!

morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 10-23-2006 at 11:09 PM

Quote:
It pains me to see kids wearing giant size Misfits shirts with giant size pants with 1,000 pockets and straps dragging on the fucking floor and shoes with soles as thick as Kiss' platforms!

I could be worse. I can look at the kids and say "Damn, that generation is fucked." Me on the other hand, I have to look at those kids and say "Damn, my generation is fucked."

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-24-2006 at 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Danzig for sure. I was introduced to the Misfits loooong after they broke up... I was 3 when they did.... but I loved what I heard before Graves came into the picture. Just wasn't the same... it's even less the same because all these mall punks and other sorts of poseurs are into the Misfits more than anybody it seems.

yeah, i saw hot topic selling sheer terror t shirts....my son wanted one.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 10-24-2006 at 04:41 PM

I worked the stage for a "new" Misfits show. all I can say is Jerry Only=cool, nice guy.
Doyle=fuckin idiot. I never talked to the other two, but my buddy was talkin about Christ the Conqueror and Doyle overheard and asked him he liked the band, he says "No they sucked", Doyle just scowled while all the roadies laughed at him, it was pretty funny.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-25-2006 at 09:37 PM

Juan, I'm still out on whether or not Hot Topic is a boon or bane... I mean, trendy dweebs go there and don't know shit about hardcore and punk rock and buy the shit and then it makes available stuff that is really hard to find if you're not in a metropolitan area. I say that because back home, northern Indiana around Notre Dame, Hot Topic was a good place to find some hardcore releases that I couldn't find anywheres else.

Go figure. It's just all the other shit they sell in there that I hate... huge pants, platform shoes, fuckin' wings and all that goth crap that they market as "rebellion." It's literally the embodiment of "Anarchy For Sale"... far more than what Jello even had in mind when he wrote that song I'm sure.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 10-25-2006 at 11:39 PM

It depresses me to see how far the name Misfits has been drug through the mud. There really is no such thing as The Misfits without Danzig, he wrote every fucking song they ever had. I understand Jerry wanting to get it going again as they are a classic band that deserve to get paid for their contribution to culture, but without Danzig, it's just a joke. I saw them on their first tour after "reforming" and had a good time, but I thought Graves sounded horrible and looked like an idiot. I actually like Jerry's voice MUCH better and would have preferred to see them reform with him singing instead of some idiot like Graves. It's also painfully obvious that no matter who writes their songs now, nobody can match what Danzig wrote for them. The new albums are pure shit across the board. I don't ever want to hear them played and would throw them away if I got them as a gift. Fucking horrible. I think the new version of the Dead Kennedys is 1000 times better than any version of the new Misfits.

Veritas odium parit
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-26-2006 at 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Juan, I'm still out on whether or not Hot Topic is a boon or bane... I mean, trendy dweebs go there and don't know shit about hardcore and punk rock and buy the shit and then it makes available stuff that is really hard to find if you're not in a metropolitan area. I say that because back home, northern Indiana around Notre Dame, Hot Topic was a good place to find some hardcore releases that I couldn't find anywheres else.

Go figure. It's just all the other shit they sell in there that I hate... huge pants, platform shoes, fuckin' wings and all that goth crap that they market as "rebellion." It's literally the embodiment of "Anarchy For Sale"... far more than what Jello even had in mind when he wrote that song I'm sure.

i agree with this 100%....
i've grabbed plenty of cds there. i never go down in the city to buy stuff anymore (if there is anywhere down there still, i mean south street is just a mall with drug dealers and bums)
my kid loves going in there to see the funny shirts....
angry_frank

[*] posted on 10-28-2006 at 12:51 AM

wooo hooo first post, but definitly danzig. the name of the misfits should have been hung up long ago.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top