Printable Version  
Author: Subject: hardcore theater
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 11:56 AM
hardcore theater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E-zESEGMOs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWNEtIvDbpc

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 11:58 AM

i wonder if this is how old-school, underground hiphop heads felt after Licensed To Ill dropped, and every white kid in the burbs was carrying around cardboard and a boombox so they could practice poppin and lockin.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Gooch

Mood: Government Warning

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 12:51 PM

There'a actually a post on B9 explaining what this was all about. I guess I sort of buy it, but it still should have never been done.

BTW, how great is "Hate Me Know". At least they picked a qulaity tune.

"After reading everything everyone wrote on a few different message boards, and numerous messages on youtube, I decided I would just explain the whole situation. A few of my friends and myself worked at a summer camp this past summer. We have all different activities there and everything else, and the performing arts director saw us goofing off with a few kids one day two stepping and joking around. She started talking to us and asked us if we wanted to have a period devoted to "hardcore dancing" yea it sounds lame but at the same time the campers who were around got pumped and we like please do it, it would be fun and tons of kids would do it. So we decided yea sure why not.

After about a week of kids requesting this as an activity they decided to finally let us do it. We didn't decided hey were a bunch of 21 year olds lets, make 14 year olds listen to Mental and make them dance. After the first time we had the activity all the kids who did it enjoyed it and wanted it to happen again. The performing arts director asked us to put on a performance for the camp having the kids do what we were teaching them. We talked it over and decided that for our jobs sake and everything else if we did it we couldn't just have kids do whatever they wanted, so we decided on what you saw.

You may think it's fucking lame and it's fucking stupid and why on earth would we fucking do this, but when we looked back on the situation we all realized that it happened b/c the kids we work with wanted it to happen. They wanted to try something new and have a good time. We work at a summer camp, and we are there to make kids have a fun summer and this was one of the things that did.

We also took it as an opportunity to teach kids a little about hardcore. Rather than have these kids watch shitty MTV2 and Fuse videos and like bands like It Dies Today, we decided to teach them about bands like Mental, Bane, Have Heart, Verse, and Cro-Mags, Sick Of It All, Another Breath etc. The reason it was Mental, was because that?s what the kids chose. We let them listen to a bunch of different bands, and they decided that Mental was a band that they could all enjoy and have fun dancing to, so that?s what we played.

I don't care for all the stupid responses this topic will generate, and what everyone else has to say. I simply decided to post this so perhaps some people understood what was going on with the video. You might agree with what happened, and laugh like we do about it, because it was not meant to be taken so serious, or you could still think it's the stupidest fucking thing in the entire world. I honestly don't care. I just wanted to share the information about the whole situation with people. If you took the time to read this instead of just saying this is dumb than thank you because that?s all I wanted when I started this post."

My mind is Clear, Free from hurt. My mind is Clear, Value its worth!
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 01:22 PM

Uhhhh!
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 01:47 PM

WHAT......... THE................. FUCK?..............................

It's over. It's all over. I don't care what any of you say. It's done. that was the nail in the coffin. It's been on life support for a few years, but now it's gone.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 05:00 PM

That... was painful.

\"rap isn\'t music\" - mozart
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
WHAT......... THE................. FUCK?..............................

It's over. It's all over. I don't care what any of you say. It's done. that was the nail in the coffin. It's been on life support for a few years, but now it's gone.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 06:49 PM

I couldn't even sit through the whole thing. Why must people destroy the things I love?

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’

Go To Top