Author: Subject: M C Freddy Madball
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-9-2006 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
i didnt like the last madball so splewt!

^^^^^^WHAT????

SPLEWT!\
asin haking a loogie
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 12-9-2006 at 08:47 PM

Tire, I don't dig 90% of any "hardcore" bands that are good these days. I listen to like the same 10 bands for at least the last 12 years or so. On another note though, however much their music may suck (or rule depends how you see it) Madball are legends in this community.

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 12-9-2006 at 08:54 PM

I loves me some Madball.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-9-2006 at 09:00 PM

i also like madball.
seen them numerous times
i just really did not like that last cd at all
droppin many suckaz is still gold in my book
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-9-2006 at 09:27 PM

I love Madball, I have yet to hear anything from them I didn't like. Unfortunately the single worst track on Hold It Down was, you guessed it, the "rap" song. I have my doubts about Freddy doing this... Ezec is corny when he raps, while Freddy is not such a cornball about the whole gangsta thing... this will not be pretty.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-9-2006 at 09:47 PM

Ezec is corny when he raps

yup
him and his gold teeth
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-9-2006 at 10:01 PM

That last madball album is what...like 16 songs? Theres like 7 really good newer madball songs and the entire rest of the album is boring monotonous chugga. Probably the first Madball album I've ever been disappointed. Coulda been a great ep.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 12-9-2006 at 11:18 PM

I gotta say I'm not a big Madball fan. I don't hate them but I honestly don't see what everyone finds so special about them. They never really hooked me.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
I love Madball, I have yet to hear anything from them I didn't like. Unfortunately the single worst track on Hold It Down was, you guessed it, the "rap" song.

My thoughts exactly.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 09:02 AM

Madballs been a favorite of mine for many years. I dig the music, Freddys lyrical delivery, the whole shit.

For the rap thing. Personaly, its his music and his life. I'm glad hes trying something different. I'm not a huge fan of Danny Diablo music but I respect the guy for doing it.

thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
Madballs been a favorite of mine for many years. I dig the music, Freddys lyrical delivery, the whole shit.

same here.

\"thank you very little\"
sinister

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
I gotta say I'm not a big Madball fan. I don't hate them but I honestly don't see what everyone finds so special about them. They never really hooked me.

Yup that's how I see it. They're great live purely for the energy but there's 1001 other things I'd reach for on CD before Madball.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by godabandonedme
Tire, I don't dig 90% of any "hardcore" bands that are good these days. I listen to like the same 10 bands for at least the last 12 years or so. On another note though, however much their music may suck (or rule depends how you see it) Madball are legends in this community.
I think the word legend gets thrown around way too much. I can appreciate that this is a big band that a lot of people like, but I don't see anything worthy of legendary status in them. Were they one of the first HC bands? No. Were they one of the first ones in their area? Nope. Did they pave the way for a new scene? No. Did they create some new sound that had never been heard before? No. Did they go above and beyond in promoting the scene and getting smaller bands recognized? Not in any way that I've ever heard about. What exactly makes them legendary? Is it just how long they've been around? I could name a ton of bands who have been around a lot longer without batting an eye. I just don't understand the appeal or the hype around this band. Of course, the same could be said for a lot of other bands, but this is one of the ones that comes up more than many others.

Veritas odium parit
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 10:47 AM

Who cares, he can do something different. When you grow up on the streets and you roll with thugs what do you really expect anyways. Hiphop is street music, at least, underground hiphop, just as much as street hardcore is. It's just Different ways of going about it.

Singer of ETOWN has a good voice, very weak lyrics though. Some good riffs. Good shit sometimes but most of their shit I don't like.

I love all madball albums, but not so much the newest. I also love hiphop... some of it.

This is pretty cool, you know why?
Because up in Canada everyone is so fucking seperated into groups it kinda makes me sick. All the rocker kids are saying, "rap is gay, hiphop is gay" when most of them have never spent any time to really listen to any of the real, decent shit because all they hear is the bullshit, I know that's all I ever hear when I'm out, and what I see. So I'm not blaming anyone for that thats how it is... just like the "rock" thing. The hiphop homos say the same shit about anything they hear with "screaming" or guitars. You're all ignorant to be hating come on... be open to new things and at least if it's not your thing don't say its "GAY" - ok Billy Talent and Three Days Grace are gay.

This is in Europe, they are actually more open minded towards shit they stuck up - take it for granted north americans. So again, who cares its not happening here. Necro is fuckin hilarious though if you've ever chilled with him you'd understand. The man loves hardcore, death metal, punk he grew up on it... this is how I look at it, if you can love 2 different cultures of music, respect it. That's worth respecting. Ah fuck, im just going on now... im not going to keep going with this im sure you get where I stand on it.

Take care.

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x
Who cares, he can do something different. When you grow up on the streets and you roll with thugs what do you really expect anyways. Hiphop is street music, at least, underground hiphop, just as much as street hardcore is. It's just Different ways of going about it.

Singer of ETOWN has a good voice, very weak lyrics though. Some good riffs. Good shit sometimes but most of their shit I don't like.

I love all madball albums, but not so much the newest. I also love hiphop... some of it.

Because up in Canada everyone is so fucking seperated into groups it kinda makes me sick. All the rocker kids are saying, "rap is gay, hiphop is gay" when most of them have never spent any time to really listen to any of the real, decent shit because all they hear is the bullshit, I know that's all I ever hear when I'm out, and what I see. So I'm not blaming anyone for that thats how it is... just like the "rock" thing. The hiphop homos say the same shit about anything they hear with "screaming" or guitars. You're all ignorant to be hating come on... be open to new things and at least if it's not your thing don't say its "GAY" - ok Billy Talent and Three Days Grace are gay.

This is in Europe, they are actually more open minded towards shit they stuck up - take it for granted north americans. So again, who cares its not happening here. Necro is fuckin hilarious though if you've ever chilled with him you'd understand. The man loves hardcore, death metal, punk he grew up on it... this is how I look at it, if you can love 2 different cultures of music, respect it. That's worth respecting. Ah fuck, im just going on now... im not going to keep going with this im sure you get where I stand on it.

Take care.

I consider myself to be pretty open minded (all in the eye of the beholder I'm sure) and I have been exposed to some of the "underground" passin tape kinda hip hop. It's HUGE in Southeast Virginia, and I can honestly say I did not, nor have I ever heard ANY form or function of hip hop I could even remotely enjoy. I choose the word GAY when referencing this style of "music" because I would rather be deafened by duel horse cocks in the ears than listen to the dribble. Just my opinion.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x

Take care.

I consider myself to be pretty open minded (all in the eye of the beholder I'm sure) and I have been exposed to some of the "underground" passin tape kinda hip hop. It's HUGE in Southeast Virginia, and I can honestly say I did not, nor have I ever heard ANY form or function of hip hop I could even remotely enjoy. I choose the word GAY when referencing this style of "music" because I would rather be deafened by duel horse cocks in the ears than listen to the dribble. Just my opinion.

Ditto. I used to live with some dudes that were heavy into underground hip hop and I just can't get into it. I don't like the "music" or the vocal delivery. I respect The Roots for actually playing instuments but I still don't like them. As for being open-minded, I like everything from classical to industrial to some country and even some mainstream shit like Dido. I just can't dig the rap shit.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 02:10 PM

Love Madball. Love E-town and I think that Ant is actually a pretty good rapper, as far as hardcore guys go. Ezac is really bad with the exception of that Hardcore for life EP, I liked that. Freedy raping. LOL. I heard that shit they tried to do on Hold It Down. This is going to be bad.

MM.
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 06:54 PM

I havnt heard any of Anthony's solo music. Any links?

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 08:02 PM

I wouldn't bother unless you want a few good laughs.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-12-2006 at 12:43 PM

He did solo shit? had no idea. Him without E-Town sounds like a bit of a let down in the making, but I would be open to have a listen.

MM.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top