Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anyone Contemplating a New Year's Resolution?
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 11:44 AM
Anyone Contemplating a New Year's Resolution?

I sure am. After the 1st, I'm going sober again. Drinking has snuck back up on me and getting in the way of being in better shape and better rested to be a better dad, husband and manager.

Should it be a permanent move? Yeah, maybe...I'm not sure. I need to grow the fuck up about it though. Right now, I'm thinking of drying up for about 6 months and go from there.

Who's with me?
beaner

Mood: my kids chattin away.

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 03:32 PM

i really, really need to give up smoking. that shit is baaaad. im nearly 30 now so its time to pack that shit in. any tips from you guys?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 04:03 PM

i've been 99% dry since the start of this forum and our initial constest. what's that, about 6 months? i've had one beer and one class of wine. surprisingly, i rarely miss it.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

[*] posted on 12-12-2006 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by beaner
i really, really need to give up smoking. that shit is baaaad. im nearly 30 now so its time to pack that shit in. any tips from you guys?

First and foremost is to REALLY commit and tell yourself you are done. No excuses. The other thing is set a date to stop in order to mentally prepare.

I smoked for 12 years, gave people my word I was quitting and I did. I had to keep my word.

It will be the best decision you ever make.
CR83

[*] posted on 12-12-2006 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
i've been 99% dry since the start of this forum and our initial constest. what's that, about 6 months? i've had one beer and one class of wine. surprisingly, i rarely miss it.

Awesome and congrats BD.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 12-12-2006 at 07:29 PM

Booze and smokes. I don't know if I got in me. Gotta stay alive for the little one though. Not really a resolution just something I gotta do. Thinking about TaeKwonDo.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
CR83

[*] posted on 12-13-2006 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Booze and smokes. I don't know if I got in me. Gotta stay alive for the little one though. Not really a resolution just something I gotta do. Thinking about TaeKwonDo.

Great idea. Tae is awesome for you.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 12-24-2006 at 02:55 PM

since my lastyear resolution didnt really stick ( I did manage to lose 17 lbs though) Im dead set on 2007's ones. Im going to join a boxing gym or if not then get a trainer to train me to box. Its something I have always wanted to do. Not because I like to hit people (i dont really) but I see it as a good way to help with my low self-asteem, anxiety/depression and losing weight. I am also going to quit smoking because I have a feeling there is something seriously wrong with my health due to it and nothing good has come from smoking.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 11:35 AM

wow, sounds like you've got an adgenda! great reasons to take on a regimen like that, too. congratulations and good luck!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi
since my lastyear resolution didnt really stick ( I did manage to lose 17 lbs though) Im dead set on 2007's ones. Im going to join a boxing gym or if not then get a trainer to train me to box. Its something I have always wanted to do. Not because I like to hit people (i dont really) but I see it as a good way to help with my low self-asteem, anxiety/depression and losing weight. I am also going to quit smoking because I have a feeling there is something seriously wrong with my health due to it and nothing good has come from smoking.

Very well put and all of them are great reasons. Keep us posted in here. This is awesome and best of luck!
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 12-30-2006 at 09:38 AM

thanks guys. I think ive reached the point where im sick of being lazy and saying im going to do things and not following through. The hardest part at this point is finding a trainer to train me. I know of one in my area but I just found out his son recently OD'd and died so im gonna have to wait awhile before he will train me. A friend of mine has an uncle who used to be a VT golden glove boxer but is now an official so cannot train but Im going to get in touch with him and see if he can at least get me on the right track to where I can do certian things on my own (like what to eat, workout routine etc) Im really excited about doing this because I know the outcome will be so rewarding.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 1-1-2007 at 02:38 PM

I have resolved to go to the gym atleast 3 days a week. I got a free world class gym available but its a bitch getting there after a ten hour work day.

Go To Top