Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: punk clique scalping case in Idaho.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 04:21 PM
punk clique scalping case in Idaho.

Woman Surrenders in Idaho Scalping Case

By REBECCA BOONE, Associated Press Writer

BOISE, Idaho - A member of a punk clique surrendered Wednesday for scalping another member, apparently as punishment for her disrespectful behavior toward women, police said.

The victim, a 16-year-old girl whose hair was cut in a mohawk, survived.

Marianne Dahle, 26, surrendered at the Ada County Jail on a felony arrest warrant for aggravated battery. If convicted, she could be sentenced to 14 years in prison.

Dahle is accused of tying up the teenager and cutting away a 6-by-8-inch section of her scalp. She allegedly used a 4-inch knife to cut away the crown and back portion of the scalp.

The victim ? who identified herself to reporters only as Sheila ? said she underwent skin grafts and anticipated another surgery to repair the damage. Authorities did not release the girl's name.

Dahle was visiting Kirkham Hot Springs in central Idaho with the girl and a friend when the attack occurred Jan. 18. The teen spent two weeks in the hospital and is now recovering at home.

"When I say this gal was scalped, she was truly scalped," said Bill Braddock, chief deputy of Boise County. "The top of her head, her hair, was completely cut off. The motive, as near as we've been told by witnesses, was retaliation for acting in a way that the adult perceived as being offensive to women as a gender."

Braddock said the victim, Dahle and another teenage girl who witnessed the attack were long-term acquaintances who belonged to the same clique. The victim's mohawk hair cut may have played a role in the assault, he said.

"In their punk group, wearing a mohawk is a sign of being a punker, and according to their creed if you disrespect women you are not allowed to wear a mohawk," he said. "But I don't think the victim had any idea in the world she was going to be scalped."

Sheila, who is from Nampa, near Boise, told Boise TV station KTVB that she thought the woman was going to cut her hair.

"Why would they do something like this to me?" Sheila asked. "I thought they were my friends."

The group is not a gang, Braddock said, though they had at least some established rules of behavior.

"It was an act of revenge. I view this as a case where an adult female is using predatory control ? both psychological and sexual ? toward juvenile victims. There are definitely sexual overtones to this crime," Braddock said

No drugs or alcohol were involved, Braddock said.

Police were alerted after Dahle allegedly dropped the teen off at St. Luke's Regional Medical Center in Boise, Braddock said. Sheila said her face and body were covered with blood when Dahle left her at the hospital.

Authorities recovered the scalp, which had been left behind at the hot springs, but doctors were unable to reattach it, Braddock said.

The Kirkham Hot Springs, about 70 miles northeast of Boise, are popular with campers and hikers, but visitors during midweek in the winter can count on near total seclusion, Braddock said.

The case has been difficult to investigate because it has taken deputies time to win the trust of witnesses and friends of the victim. Some witnesses are afraid of retaliation.

"Everybody in this case is very fragile and they're worried about how they're going to be judged by their peers," Braddock said. "I have to be very protective of my victim and others who are cooperating."

Braddock said he only agreed to discuss the incident so the public could help authorities find Dahle. Police would not release many details for fear it would harm the prosecution's case.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 04:25 PM

fucked

this reminds me of a tv show where a dog tore off part of a lady's scalp. They showed how they connected the veins and arteries again and then sewed the scalp back on her. It was sweet, but fucking OUCH!

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 04:39 PM

What the fuck?

I think the world is ending. People are just too fucked up anymore. It's sodom and ghamorahha all over again.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
viva hate

Mood: choking victim

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 04:50 PM

punk clique? more like psycho feminist clique. why the fuck do people hang out with groups that require retarded initiations? and what is this power of the mohawk? what is their justifiaction of wearing one?? i'm so disturbed and annoyed i can't see straight.

let\'s scrub that sensitivity with some sandpaper....
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 05:06 PM

Oh hell no... what the fuck is wrong with those people!

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
paul nastyGAMC

Mood: silence

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 05:16 PM

sick as fuck!!!! gutter punks are fucking retarded. literaly.

paul nastyGAMC
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 05:26 PM

Honestly, I think people have way to much time one their hands. To make rules and center it around mohawk pride is actually kinda funny in theory. But then to act it out and some crazy stunt like this. Forget it. Too much time.
Newt80

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 05:30 PM

lol, if they didn't spend all their time buying patches for their pants and begging other people for money their sorry asses might be able to get jobs.

Quote:
Originally posted by paul nastyGAMC
sick as fuck!!!! gutter punks are fucking retarded. literaly.
paul nastyGAMC

Mood: silence

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 05:46 PM

mohawk pride kills!!!!ha!!!!

paul nastyGAMC
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 06:33 PM

Thats pretty gay, they are either filthy crusty punks(only more moronic than any regular crusty) or they are not punks at all and just stupid kids with mohawks
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 08:00 PM

these are some of the funniest replies i've read on this board in a long time.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 08:09 PM

I heard about this on Stern. HAHAHA. Punk clique? As long as the majority of people fear and misunderstand things like "punk cliques" and mowhawks then hardcore will always be cool because they'll never get it.

newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 2-10-2005 at 12:13 AM

kinda reminds me of the punk episode of quincy from the 80s. watch for it if you havent seen it. fuck its funny

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 2-10-2005 at 04:57 AM

dude, shes busted lookinfg.
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 2-10-2005 at 11:33 AM

Glad I don't have a mohawk anymore.

jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 2-10-2005 at 11:55 AM

That punk episode is funny as hell. Is that the same one where they're smoking the tainted grass?
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-10-2005 at 01:44 PM

nope. someone gets knifed in the pit and quincy investigates and goes on a talk show with some of the "punks"

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
Newt80

[*] posted on 2-10-2005 at 06:51 PM

yeah and the conversation that follows is probably the dialogue that made punk into a worse stereotype in the 80's...also some worthless trivia-the shitty punk band the quincy punx got their name from that exact episode. wonder if they're even aroud anymore...eh who cares.

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
nope. someone gets knifed in the pit and quincy investigates and goes on a talk show with some of the "punks"
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2005 at 12:48 AM

as well as the first snfu single "real men dont watch quincy". "i dont wanna be in a band like mayhem or pain, cause those guys got shit for brains". i think the episode is fucking hilarious, especially the talk show part. kinda like the punk version of reefer madness

Go To Top