Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I quit the Gym...
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 12:57 PM
I quit the Gym...

Well, I quit one and joned another. Somewhere in this forum BD and I discussed joining the YMCA. My daughter goes to school there and loves it. The people are great. So we also joined the "gym" portion for $72 a month as a family.

I was the only one using the gym and we went swimming maybe twice a month.

I loved the Y because it is regular people getting fit and taking better care of themselves. There was also a sense of community. Then I realized I'm paying $72 a month for the "community" where I don't talk to anyone and barely use the pool.

So I quit and joined Club Fitness. It is $19.99 a month w/ no contract, amazing equipment and has a more convenient location for my office. The drawback, you have to bring your own towel.

To kick off the new year I'm hanging up the booze. No more. Not sure how long but it will be a while. I'm also contemplating running in the morning before rest of the family is awake. I can run the dog and then still workout at lunch. We'll see how long that last though.

Here's to getting in better shape, being healthier and setting a better example for my family and friends.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-30-2006 at 11:43 PM

wow, lots going on in that post.
first off... $19.99 for a gym? i've never heard of such a thing.
and the drinking? wow. does that start now or after new year's eve?

i'll say it again, i can't believe how little i miss the booze. but like everything else, once it's out of your routine, it's not that bad. now i just have to get all of my other routines in order!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 1-2-2007 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
wow, lots going on in that post.
first off... $19.99 for a gym? i've never heard of such a thing.
and the drinking? wow. does that start now or after new year's eve?

i'll say it again, i can't believe how little i miss the booze. but like everything else, once it's out of your routine, it's not that bad. now i just have to get all of my other routines in order!

Apparently December is the best month to join. Yeah the $19.99 is locked in. The only caveat is that every December they charge me an additional $9.95 to keep my rate locked in. I was realyl impressed.

Yep, on 1-1-07 I'm going without the booze. No big deal really. Mrs. Reed83 is as well. So I'm thinking about getting her a Straight Edge Shirt. It is all for the better and I'm just really motivated right now.

Go To Top