Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Man killed outside hardcore show in NJ
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 01:13 PM

hahah nice job. American Justie the second and last full length they put out was their best shit I think.

$42 bucks, amazing considering that CD rings in at about 15 minutes and I recall buying it for like 9.99.

MM.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 01:46 PM

Crime Ridden Society, pound for pound was the best 15 minutes of hardcore in the 90's.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Crime Ridden Society, pound for pound was the best 15 minutes of hardcore in the 90's.

^^^^^^ It was up there. that cd is great stuff even today.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 02:58 PM

I don't have the time, inclination or energy to put into even caring about hardcore at this point. Most all my friends I made in that scene have dropped out of my life, they've all got families and the ones I still talk to tend to be chilling out lately.

I don't care who's got the biggest dick dudes, and maybe this would all be less gay if they didn't care who has the biggest dick either.

Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 03:30 PM

Deep to be renovated; city to keep tabs on bars
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 01/19/07
BY MICHELLE SAHN AND STEPHEN BOVE
STAFF WRITERS

Post Comment
ASBURY PARK ? In the wake of a possible homicide, a boardwalk club has canceled this weekend's show of a popular band and announced it will be closed until spring.

Larry Fishman, chief operating officer of Asbury Partners, which owns Deep, said the club had planned to close for a few months for renovations for the summer of 2007. But he acknowledged that the decision to close now rather than in a month or two came in part because of the death of James C. Morrison outside the club on Sunday.

"I would say that we had been planning to close for the renovations for quite some time, and it just seems like this is the best time," Fishman said.

The death of Morrison, 25, an Iraq war veteran who lived in the New Gretna section of Bass River, is being treated as a homicide and remains under investigation, authorities said. No arrests have been made.

According to the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office, Morrison and his friends went to Deep late Sunday afternoon to hear hard-core bands, and an argument ensued and proceeded outside. At 5:50 p.m., Asbury Park police received a call indicating that Morrison had been injured.

He was taken to Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune, where he was pro-nounced dead about 40 minutes later, authorities said.

Deep is near Second and Ocean avenues in Asbury Park. Fishman said it will be completely renovated for the summer.

Caroline O'Toole, general manager of Deep, said it will be available for private rentals until it reopens.

She also confirmed that the Murphy's Law show scheduled for Saturday has been canceled.

City wants more dialogue

Meanwhile, city officials want to put procedures in place so police have details in advance about the entertainment events scheduled at city businesses.

"The city needs to know what's going on," said City Manager Terence Reidy. "We need be in a conversation with the club owners . . . because it's in the owners' interest to have a peaceful night. . . . We want to have procedures in place to make sure we know what's going on, on any night in the city."

That's the first step, Reidy said. But the challenge is determining when security might be required.

"We absolutely need to be looking at all this . . . but at the same time, it needs to be done in a way that addresses the issue, and not some blanket rule that maybe helps and maybe doesn't," he said.

Deep had security on Sunday, Reidy said, adding that the club's general manager is an extremely responsible person.

But Reidy said having the Police Department in the loop is important and he believes the business community would be happy to have that sort of communication with the city.

Staff writer Nancy Shields contributed to this report.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 05:53 PM

Asbury Partners is renovating most of the oceanfront in Asbury Park, so I'm sure they want to get past this ASAP.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top