Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: Im a fucking mess..
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 1-24-2007 at 03:08 AM

Im in FL right now and happy to be with my mom. My father is coming home from the hospital tomorrow. They are going to bring him a bed so he can pass while around family. They say its only a matter of days now. I think it will make it easier on all of us to not be seeing him in the hospital so we can see him in a comfortable enviroment. Its been a long day so im off to bed.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-24-2007 at 03:25 PM

I plan on spending as much time with his as possible. My mom left alittle while ago to go get him at the hospital so he should be here shortly. I cant wait to see him.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-24-2007 at 03:33 PM

time to get psyched up with some good hardcore!

stay strong.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 1-24-2007 at 03:34 PM

this is pretty much what we did with my mother, she died at my grandfathers house with the whole family there for support.

she knew she was loved.

Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 03:54 PM

Sorry to keep bumping this thread but I just wanted to thank everyone again for the support. Its so nice to be down here with him and im hoping to stay even longer as long as work will let me. Im spending as much time as possible with him. Lastnight we watched some of season 6 of the Sopranos. Tomorrow im going to take him for a walk around the block so he can get some fresh air. The doctors told him not to stay in bed all the time. We are also going to take him to honeymoon island tomorrow (i think its a national park here in FL) which will be nice. He is getting a masauge (sP?) right now and enjoying it...maybe alittle to much:P
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 04:05 PM

thanks for the update.
that's great he's able to get around and do things. shit, get him a massage tomorrow, too!
it seems strange to say, but enjoy this time that you have with him.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi
Sorry to keep bumping this thread but I just wanted to thank everyone again for the support. Its so nice to be down here with him and im hoping to stay even longer as long as work will let me. Im spending as much time as possible with him. Lastnight we watched some of season 6 of the Sopranos. Tomorrow im going to take him for a walk around the block so he can get some fresh air. The doctors told him not to stay in bed all the time. We are also going to take him to honeymoon island tomorrow (i think its a national park here in FL) which will be nice. He is getting a masauge (sP?) right now and enjoying it...maybe alittle to much:P

Sounds good bro, I know you'll cherish every moment.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 04:25 PM

sounds like he's very comfortable with his loved ones around him. and that's what's really important right now. good on ya and enjoy this time with him

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 08:23 PM

You bump this thread as many goddamn times as you feel like. Remember the good times, learn from the bad, my thoughts are with you and your family. Peace.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
beaner

Mood: my kids chattin away.

[*] posted on 1-26-2007 at 05:02 AM

words cannot explain how sorry we all are about what you and your family are going through.

here's hoping that you knowing that all of us are thinking about you helps in just a small way.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-26-2007 at 11:53 AM

you have no idea how good its feels to know you people are for me. Everyone has been so nice and I have never even met you people before. I owe each and everyone of you.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 1-26-2007 at 12:42 PM

Nah, you don't owe anyone bro, just focus on the important things and take care. We all know you would offer the same words for any of us.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-27-2007 at 12:42 AM

I had a good day today. My whole family took a ride out to Honeymoon Island which is a very pretty beach here in FL. I wanted to get my dad out of the car so we could all take a picture with him at the beach but he said it was to cold so we held off until another time. He has been pretty drugged up on oxycotin and has been sleeping alot. He doesnt like that much. I watched some Sopranos with him earlier today when one of his friends and his son stopped by. He was cracking jokes and commenting on how Adriana has a " nice ass" which gave us all a good laugh. Im going to be staying down here until Monday and both of my sisters are leaving tomorrow. I think it would be to hard on him if we all left the same day. He has more relatives and friends flying in the middle of next week so if I leave monday he will be around good company shortly. His legs and stomach are really swollen because his liver isnt working correctly which makes him retain fluids. However when I was helping him back into bed I had to lift his legs up for him and the swelling has gone down quit a bit and where his legs were very stiff and hard they are now much more softer when I give them alittle squeeze, so there are some signs of improvment that his liver is working better. Its been along day but a good one.:)
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 1-27-2007 at 01:03 AM

wow bro, sounds like a good day over there. Still got a thing for fines asses too it seems :D I'm sure the old man really appreciates all the time you guys are spending with him too. I hope if I ever have a son he cares about me that much.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 1-27-2007 at 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Nah, you don't owe anyone bro, just focus on the important things and take care. We all know you would offer the same words for any of us.

Couldn't have said it better.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 1-27-2007 at 03:54 AM

I'm glad to hear your time with him is going so well. Take care and best wishes.

Veritas odium parit
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-27-2007 at 12:29 PM

will you be able to head back to FLA next weekend? how much was your flight?

Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-27-2007 at 12:50 PM

im still in FL and I will be here until Monday. I wont be flying down again anytime soon though. The funeral will be in VT and my father will be cremated because it was his wishes. Im not sure how much my flight down here cost because my parents made all the arangments.
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 1-27-2007 at 04:52 PM

I haven't been on in a few days so I missed this. Really bummed to hear stuff like this happening to decent people. Good luck with everything, keep your head an fists up.

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 1-27-2007 at 05:59 PM

keep us updated on your weekend

necrobutcher

[*] posted on 1-28-2007 at 04:45 AM

Take care. This is never an easy thing for anyone so I send my best to you and your family.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-28-2007 at 02:45 PM

Everyone is doing fine. My dad is watching Dances with Wolves and resting. Im working on some design stuff and waiting for my cheese steak (yummy). We're all very tired and im pretty emotionally drained at this point. Its just going to be a relaxing day with hopfully no visiters. My dad has been very open about his funeral arangments which is weird but nice at the same time. At least I know he isnt afraid which makes me feel so much better. Also having him here at home and not in the hospital has made this easier on all of us.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-28-2007 at 04:05 PM

that has to be exhausting. you're gonna sleep like a mother fucker when you get home.

godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 1-28-2007 at 06:32 PM

I've had very close relatives and a very good friend pass from cancer an it is a terrible thing, however, I do know from those experiences that it is a million times better for them and the family when they are at home and made comfortable (emotionally). It's a tough thing your going through but defintilly making it that much easier on your dad.

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-29-2007 at 09:16 PM

Im back home now. I left FL at noon and got back to VT around 4:30. My dad came to the airport with me and we said our last goodbyes. It was the hardest thing i've had to do. I will still talk to him everynight though to make sure he is ok. It feels nice to be home but I wish I could have stayed longer... Im not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. Thank you all for the support. It helped so much through this tough time.
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top