Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: parents...
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 04:07 PM
parents...

how old were your kids when they stopped taking naps?

i think the BD houshold may be on the verge of a disappointing change in kiddo's schedule. it's been almost a week since she's slept during nap time.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 04:15 PM

My son is 15 months and he still does the 2- 2hour nap thing. However he recently has been taking longer to sleep and is now playing in his crib before his naps. I amn wondering this myself. when si a good time to reduce the 2 nap thing and go to the 1 nap during the day thing.

I have no idea when you completely eliminate the nap. I think I had a nap until I was like 4 or 5 to be honest.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 04:16 PM

what time is nap time? My lil one is 18 months and she goes down anywhere between 1230 - 130 noon. She usually sleeps for about 2-3 hours.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 04:20 PM

Up at 8 a.m.

Nap is usually 10 - 12noon.

up at 12noon

Nap 2-4p.m.

Thats why I'm on the computer now. :P

Its like every 2 hours on the dot. then at 4p.m. he is up until we lay him down at 9p.m.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 04:20 PM

my son is almost 10
he took afternoon naps until he was 4
and a bit here and ther ebecause he went to a day care that the kids had a nap time in the afternoon after lunch.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Up at 8 a.m.

up at 12noon

Nap 2-4p.m.

Its like every 2 hours on the dot. then at 4p.m. he is up until we lay him down at 9p.m.

thats a solid schedule bro, our pediatrician told us whatever we do it's important to give the kid some structure, so create a schedule and stick to it, they will let you know when they are ready for a change..........much like Big D's lil one is right now I gather;)
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Up at 8 a.m.

up at 12noon

Nap 2-4p.m.

thats a solid schedule bro, our pediatrician told us whatever we do it's important to give the kid some structure, so create a schedule and stick to it, they will let you know when they are ready for a change..........much like Big D's lil one is right now I gather;)

^^^ Ya my wife is nuts like that. It does't matter if a hurricane hit Ohio. Our son is not breaking his schedule. She portions his food. I'll have my work cut out for me when he gets older. :P

Gooch

Mood: Government Warning

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 05:14 PM

I think my son stopped when he was about 3. Since then my wife tries to get him to "rest" in the afternoon while our twins are napping. "rest" pretty much means watching TV so my wife can get her work done.

I thought once he stopped taking a nap he would go to bed at night earlier, well that never happened. He usually was up til 8:30-9 and once the nap stopped you could tell by 7:30 he was dead. Well, that lasted for about a week and he re-adjusted. He still doesn't go to bed till almost 9.

My mind is Clear, Free from hurt. My mind is Clear, Value its worth!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 05:19 PM

our daughter did the two 2-hour nap thing until around 18 months. pretty much same schedule as clevo's. since then, it's been up at 7, nap from 12:30-2:30, then down for bed at 8. she hasn't actually slept during that nap for the past week. i'm hoping this is just a phase. with kid2 coming in two months, ol' mom and dad would appreciate a little quiet time during the day from kid1!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
our daughter did the two 2-hour nap thing until around 18 months. pretty much same schedule as clevo's. since then, it's been up at 7, nap from 12:30-2:30, then down for bed at 8. she hasn't actually slept during that nap for the past week. i'm hoping this is just a phase. with kid2 coming in two months, ol' mom and dad would appreciate a little quiet time during the day from kid1!

Little Reed83 is the latter shcedule of 12:30 to 2:30. Man, losing that time would be huge. I hope she goes back to sleeping Bro.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 07:08 PM

the son sleeps about 30 minutes during quite time at preschool...
on the weekends fugetaboutit
but he crashes out at like 8:00 on the weekends becasue of it
damn you 6 am preschool
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 09:58 PM

My daughter is six now and she still sleeps like a log. She is as equally hard to get out of the bed as she is to get in it. We were surprised because she stopped napping at about 3 1/2.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
beaner

Mood: my kids chattin away.

[*] posted on 1-26-2007 at 04:53 AM

my youngest two (number 4 & 5) have a sleep during the day. 4 sleeps for about 2 hours while 3 goes to afternoon nursury. 5 just sleeps whenever he's tired but he's not even 12 month old yet so its cool and still sleeps all night from 7 pm till about 6 am.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 1-26-2007 at 12:34 PM

Beaner's taking inventory. You got yourself a gang there.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 1-26-2007 at 12:47 PM

I think my kids stopped taking regular everyday naps when they started school (age 5).

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.

Go To Top