Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Online Douchebags
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-4-2007 at 02:20 AM
Online Douchebags

I have a burning hatred for people who use the anonymity of the internet to feel comfortable acting like complete cunts. Tough guy trash talking, internet drama, whatever, it's all bullshit and it gets on my last fucking nerve.

Today I had a series of exchanges with a guy who is a seller on Amazon. Last month I ordered a book from him (awesome fucking book called Famous Monster Movie Art Of Basil Gogos) which I received pretty quickly, but which was packaged for shipping by being placed inside one of those free envelopes they have at the post office for small priority mail packages. Not a box, not thick cardboard, not even a padded envelope or anything which might provide some sort of protection from the rough handling we all know is common treatment in the mail. Because I know that Amazon has an agreement with their sellers which says that the sellers get x amount of money to use for packaging and postage and they are expected to package items in a sensible way in order to fulfil their end of the deal, I left him negative feedback. This guy then has the nerve to send me a message whining about how I should have contacted him for a refund instead of leaving "lousy feedback". I responded, telling him that the feedback was deserved and that I didn't appreciate him crapping out on his agreement with Amazon in order to scam a couple bucks off the shipping fee I paid. After that he started in on me with the fucking name calling and sarcastic bullshit. Since I was still looking at this as a business transaction and because I'm a fucking adult, I kept it on an adult level and kept explaining my position to him, but he continued berating me and acting like a spoiled brat who got caught fucking up. I warned him after receiving about 6 emails from him within about a half hour, that he could either own up to his shit and agree not to keep doing that or that I would do whatever I could to keep people from having to deal with him. He continued to be an asshole and refused to accept my point while at the same time responding to my feedback with a lie about the packaging he used. Since he can respond to my feedback and I can't say anything else in that publicly read forum, he gets to cover up his bullshit with a lie I can't respond to, so I filed a complaint with Amazon and I decided to let my friends (like you guys) know not to buy anything from him unless you don't mind the probability of receiving damaged items from someone who feels it is his right to verbally abuse you for daring to say that his service is shitty.

His seller name on Amazon is darrenkbooks and he sells mostly sci-fi and horror related stuff, which I know several people on here are into. As I've said before, I'm not in charge of anybody's spending habits and such, but I thought I would pass the word along about this guy just in case any of you end up dealing with him.

Sorry for ranting about something petty, but after receiving 8 or 9 emails from this guy I'm more than a little pissed.

Veritas odium parit
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-4-2007 at 01:13 PM

forward the entire exchange to amazon.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-4-2007 at 07:07 PM

I had the same kind of problem with a guy on ebay. He sold me a shitty bootlegged dvd of ECW matches. I emailed him and politely explained that I was under the impression it was an official dvd, not a home-made one. He told me to fuck off. Long story short, I was on a mission to bet him banned from ebay. Mission accomplished. I've had two sellers banned from ebay for fucking with me.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-5-2007 at 02:26 AM

I ratted him out to Amazon and explained the whole exchange, they're looking into it now. Somehow this douche has something like 99% positive feedback though.

Discipline, I've done the same thing on eBay a few times. Unfortunately, there always seems to be another fuckwad waiting to be a dick, so I hardly ever use that site anymore.

Veritas odium parit

Go To Top