Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: remember 411
joe

Mood: death threat

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 11:46 PM
remember 411

i was looking through old cds in the basement found this isnt me. i loved this album so much growing up. still kicks ass
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 11:51 PM

I used to be a big fan of all of Dan O's bands, but after 411 he lost me. I associate that album and the 7 incher with a fairly good time in my life and I actually have a lot of pretty clear memories from that time for some reason. I can clearly remember being in Houston visiting my dad, going to Sound Exchange, seeing this absolutely fuckin' drop dead gorgeous HC girl and thinking I had found my dream girl when I saw her buying This Isn't Me. I think I stood there with my mouth hanging open as there were NO girls into that sort of stuff in Austin at the time.

Veritas odium parit
joe

Mood: death threat

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 12:02 AM

it definetly brought back a bunch of good memories.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 12:41 AM

all i have is the 'say it' 7".
if anyone feels like hooking up a ysi, i'd be very appreciative.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 12:53 AM

I never heard it. i heard everyhting else from Dan O, but not this band. It more metal than hardcore right?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 06:46 AM

i remember that band name but cant remember the songs
confused13

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 07:26 AM

"This isnt me" is such a great record - listend to it yesterday ( im sick so i have the time to listen to old stuff i havend heard a while) - and read this thread today - kind of wired. Its one of my first vinyl i ever bought - brings back good memories. Have they done more stuff? (x-ept the 7")
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 02:18 PM

Dan O?

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Dan O?
Dan O'Mahoney. Before 411 he was in No For An Answer, he also had a band called The Legendary Carry Nation, another one called God Forgot, I think the most recent one was Speak 714 or something like that. I'm not too big on those last two, but I used to listen to the other three bands all the time.

Clevo, since you asked, no it's definitely not metal. It's more along the lines of old Down By Law or that type of "melodic hard core", but it's not as soft as that stuff. At the time, it was consdidered more "thinking man's hard core", I guess. Same goes for No For An Answer really. And yes, as some of the band names suggest, the early bands were definitely SxE. Dan O' was the main guy behind switching over to the phrase Poison Free when SxE was becoming more thuggish and conformist in the late 80's/early 90's.

Veritas odium parit
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Dan O?
Dan O'Mahoney. Before 411 he was in No For An Answer, he also had a band called The Legendary Carry Nation, another one called God Forgot, I think the most recent one was Speak 714 or something like that. I'm not too big on those last two, but I used to listen to the other three bands all the time.

Clevo, since you asked, no it's definitely not metal. It's more along the lines of old Down By Law or that type of "melodic hard core", but it's not as soft as that stuff. At the time, it was consdidered more "thinking man's hard core", I guess. Same goes for No For An Answer really. And yes, as some of the band names suggest, the early bands were definitely SxE. Dan O' was the main guy behind switching over to the phrase Poison Free when SxE was becoming more thuggish and conformist in the late 80's/early 90's.

^^^^^^^ Right on. I got to check that stuff out. It sounds like it would be right up my alley. Its a shame I never sought to listen before. Countless times I was at record stores and saw the tape or cd available to buy. I just wrote them off for some reason.

As for SPEAK 714. I love that shit. Both releases they had rocked. Awsome music and great lyrics.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-11-2007 at 02:41 PM

no for an answer
carry nation
and 411 are all great bands.

never even heard of the other two, though.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
MikeCore

[*] posted on 3-11-2007 at 06:26 PM

I was never a too big of fan 411 but I like Dan's older bands (NFAA,CN) and I did like the first Speak 714 EP but the second one lost me. As far as HC goes I think Dan's last band that I know of was John Henry Holiday or something like that.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 3-11-2007 at 06:36 PM

I was thinking about the 411 skateboarding video magazines.

Go To Top