Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What Vitamins should I be taking?
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 3-12-2007 at 01:52 AM
What Vitamins should I be taking?

Im on a diet and would like to find some vitamins that would help boost my energy if there are any. Also are there other really good vitamins I should take or would a multivitamin cover it?
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 3-12-2007 at 08:11 AM

I suggest a good multi and if you are looking for more energy try a B-Complex.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-12-2007 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kid Ugly
I suggest a good multi and if you are looking for more energy try a B-Complex.

Very much agreed.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-12-2007 at 02:11 PM

thanks. I picked up some "coenzyme B-Complex caps" and "Complete EFA Omega 3-6-9" pills today. I feel more energized after taking the b-complex.
CR83

[*] posted on 3-12-2007 at 05:01 PM

Vitamin B works wonders. Keep us posted on your diet too.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-20-2007 at 10:31 PM

My diet has been pretty up and down lately. I do great in the afternoon ( I NEED to start eating breakfast) I will eat alot of fruit and drink a good amount of water. I have a good sized dinner, always with whatever veggies the school I work at serves (There is always a meet,starch,veggies and soup to choose from and the food is pretty good. At the end of the night we get to take leftovers from the dinner home with us so it cuts back on my spending money on food.) My biggest problem is the night time I tend to eat alot. I tend to have problems sleeping if I dont have a good amount of food in my stomach but im working on eating less and trying to fill up on water. I'm still taking my B-Complex Vitamins and my Omega 3-6-9 and a Multi-Vitamin everyday. It seems to help with my overall mood.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 3-20-2007 at 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi
( I NEED to start eating breakfast)

This could lead to energy troubles all throughout the day, even if your diet during the rest of the day is good. Think about it....You wouldn't start your car on a cold morning and start a 100 mile trip on a quarter tank of gas would you?
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-21-2007 at 12:09 AM

very true. Its hard for me because im not hungry in the morning..ever. I could go until 3-4 in the afternoon without eating anything because I just dont feel hungry. Then when nighttime comes I cant stop eating.. Im really gonna work hard to start eating breakfast everyday. Im sure it will make a change in my eating pattern.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 3-21-2007 at 12:21 AM

Quote:
very true. Its hard for me because im not hungry in the morning..ever. I could go until 3-4 in the afternoon without eating anything because I just dont feel hungry. Then when nighttime comes I cant stop eating.. Im really gonna work hard to start eating breakfast everyday. Im sure it will make a change in my eating pattern.

Honestly? Just shove something down your throat, even if it's something small. Your body's gonna get used to that, and you'll be able to eat more. Eating most of your calories for the day in one sitting is a great way to get a lot of what you eat stored as fat, rather than serving a better purpose.

You don't feel hungry because you don't put anything in it, so your stomach will actually contract so you don't feel empty. Make sense? Like if you held out your hand open and nothing was in it....What the fuck are you doing that for? So you close your hand, and you won't be able to hold anything in a closed hand, right? Same deal. I used to be the same way with breakfast, so I know where you're coming from, trust me.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-22-2007 at 10:06 PM

I got up late and didnt have time to grab anything to eat before work but I ate 2 small fruit bowls and had a banana. For dinner I had curry chicken and rice (white rice, not so good) chopped up squash and a small serving of pasta and another banana. I drank a ton of water today, probably a gallons worth or more. I have not had anything since then but I got some carrots today so if I get hungry (im sure I will) Ill have those with some water.
I was told by a friend that while taking Vitamin-B pills that if you drink coffee it will lessen its effect. Any truth to this?
CR83

[*] posted on 3-23-2007 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
I got up late and didnt have time to grab anything to eat before work but I ate 2 small fruit bowls and had a banana. For dinner I had curry chicken and rice (white rice, not so good) chopped up squash and a small serving of pasta and another banana. I drank a ton of water today, probably a gallons worth or more. I have not had anything since then but I got some carrots today so if I get hungry (im sure I will) Ill have those with some water.
I was told by a friend that while taking Vitamin-B pills that if you drink coffee it will lessen its effect. Any truth to this?

I have never heard that about coffee. A good place for exercise info, supplements and general info is www.bodybuilding.com. It's not just for muscle heads
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-23-2007 at 06:00 PM

Thanks for the link. I was looking at some of the fat burner/appitite suppresent pills. Are they worth it or should I just stick to losing weight the old fashon way?
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 3-23-2007 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
Quote:

I have never heard that about coffee. A good place for exercise info, supplements and general info is www.bodybuilding.com. It's not just for muscle heads

Excellent link.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 3-30-2007 at 02:12 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I was looking at some of the fat burner/appitite suppresent pills. Are they worth it or should I just stick to losing weight the old fashon way?

Stick to losing weight the old fashion way. Those pills raise your heart rate unnaturally (much in the same way nicotine does), causing you to burn more calories. Your body is tricked into thinking it has energy because of the faster heartbeat, therefore, you aren't as hungry. I'm gonna go back to the car analogy again....Food = energy (that's what calories are...energy). So is gas for your car. These pills fuck up your gas gauge and don't let your body know when you need to refuel. Diet pills are basically speed. Know what I mean?

Go To Top