Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: One of the hardest things i had to do
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 3-21-2007 at 09:43 AM
One of the hardest things i had to do

My son (8) and daughter (7) are in the scouts. The scout leaders give you these handbooks in the beginning of the year. In the first few pages of the handbooks there is a section about child abuse (sexual). You (the parent or guardian) are supposed to discuss this with your child.
My kids already know that there not supposed to talk to or take anything from strangers. Trying to find the right way to discuss child abuse with my kids without destroying them mentally was the hardest thing I?ve ever done.
I know that as a parent I?m supposed to keep my children informed on the dangers of strangers but it?s fucked up that I need to.

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-21-2007 at 09:46 AM

Ug. Definitely add that to the list of things I'm not looking forward to.

What technique did you go with? The gradual increase of references on the subject to slowly introduce them to the notion, or the official sit down training session?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-21-2007 at 04:03 PM

My daugher will be 3 in June. She was pottie trained at 27 months. At that point we were discussing body parts and what is considered "private". We ask her several times a week about who is allowed to touch her privates. We also use the correct names of penis and vagina.

It is a very sad world we live in because we have to even discuss things with children. You know what thoug? I'm sure you guys are like me. I'd do anything to not only protect my kids but anyone elses.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-22-2007 at 04:30 PM

So glad I have no kids to worry about.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 3-23-2007 at 01:44 PM

mine is coming up on two and we're still unsure about how to approach this and when? what would others recommend?
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 3-23-2007 at 04:33 PM

i'm still learning the difference between good touch and bad touch
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
mine is coming up on two and we're still unsure about how to approach this and when? what would others recommend?

Above all, be honest and love them. If you stick to that and you'll do good.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

[*] posted on 3-27-2007 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
What technique did you go with? The gradual increase of references on the subject to slowly introduce them to the notion, or the official sit down training session?

I sat them down and had a training session/ gradually introduce them to the notion. I talked with them about what they should do if someone touches them on there private areas or in a way that makes them uncomfortable.

My kids already know that they are the only ones that are supposed to touch there bodies.

The "what and why" questions i got from them in return fucked me up.
Example:
"Why would someone want to touch me there?"

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

[*] posted on 3-27-2007 at 03:33 PM

A little off the subject:

Like any parent I want to do the best I can to protect my children.
I don?t let them spend the night over anyone?s house unless it?s family. I let them have sleepovers at our house though.
Last week I let my daughter have two of her friends from her class spend the night.

You know? only ONE of the mothers came inside to meet me (face to face) and see the inside of my house. The other mom just dropped her kid off? didn?t even walk her to the door. To me that?s fucked up. I've met these women at parent/ teachers conference nights and talked to them on the phone a few times. Besides that they know NOTHING about me.
I mean, wouldn?t you want to see the environment that your child was going to be staying in or at least meet the people who were going to be taking care of your child.

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 3-29-2007 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RomanticViolence
A little off the subject:

Like any parent I want to do the best I can to protect my children.
I don?t let them spend the night over anyone?s house unless it?s family. I let them have sleepovers at our house though.
Last week I let my daughter have two of her friends from her class spend the night.

You know? only ONE of the mothers came inside to meet me (face to face) and see the inside of my house. The other mom just dropped her kid off? didn?t even walk her to the door. To me that?s fucked up. I've met these women at parent/ teachers conference nights and talked to them on the phone a few times. Besides that they know NOTHING about me.
I mean, wouldn?t you want to see the environment that your child was going to be staying in or at least meet the people who were going to be taking care of your child.

Absolutely, to me it's just pure insanity to leave your kid in the protection of anyone you don't know at least a little bit.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-31-2007 at 02:45 PM

Wanna know my mom's way of teaching me about strangers? When I was wee lad she started telling me about Adam Walsh being kidnapped from a mall by a stranger and later being found murdered. This was back in the early 80's when it just happened. Yeah, that didn't give me nightmares or anything.

It was very inlike my mom because she's always been one of those types to hide things that might have upset when i was young. I think that one really freaked her out bad.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
wez138

Mood: TMMB's.

[*] posted on 12-3-2009 at 12:11 AM

I really don't want children,i know my lady really does,and i hope in time she understands why i don't,my main reason is i'm so scared of fucking it all up.

But as for the whole "talk" yeah it would be really hard if i did have kids and to explain these things to,i would but it would take some thinking about first,I'd also like to say most of these awful things that happen don't always happen by strangers. A very high % of what happens is normaly someone close or a family member.which is another reason why i fucking hate people.

Living a life kept shut by a dream,
I'm reaching out to grasp my reality.
Hands of time wrap tight around my neck, and hit me so hard,
leaving me eyes black.
staring at a ceiling,
wondering why i never left,
penning words in a notebook,
wondering why haven't slept.
sanity is tapping in a cell
inside my fucking head.
begging for redemption
after hearing what was said.