Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: "One Hit Wonders" in Punk/Hardcore
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 09:55 AM
"One Hit Wonders" in Punk/Hardcore

I dont mean HIT in the sense that they made it big for 15 minutes and then no one cared anymore. I mean bands that put out at least one full record and are only remembered for one good song (usually that ended up being on a comp).

Supertouch is a big one for me. I always think about how much I love them, but then I put on the CD and all I want to hear is "Searching for the Light" and then I quit on them.

Any others?

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 10:12 AM

I can think of a plenty of bands that only have one good song in my opinion....
stateofdisgrace

Mood: Kill Your Idols, H2O and Eminem

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 10:21 AM

I agree with Supertouch. Its the only song I actually even listen to by them. I am sure I should give the album one more listen.

What about Civ? They will only be remembered for "Can't Wait One Minute More", even though I personally like the entire record.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 10:26 AM

O MAN. ARE GUYS SERIOUS? SUPERTOUCH IS RAD.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 10:27 AM

My one hit wonders are

I'll update this post.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
stateofdisgrace

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 10:28 AM

No one is saying they aren't good...please don't use RAD again! (LOL).
I would see them live and think they were amazing, but I only remember that song......
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 05:11 PM

i'd say that Gang Green's "Alcohol"

even tho that whole album smokes, and then there is all the boston not LA shit great stuff, but it aways seems to be the only song that everyone knows by them.

MikeCore

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I dont mean HIT in the sense that they made it big for 15 minutes and then no one cared anymore. I mean bands that put out at least one full record and are only remembered for one good song (usually that ended up being on a comp).

Supertouch is a big one for me. I always think about how much I love them, but then I put on the CD and all I want to hear is "Searching for the Light" and then I quit on them.

Any others?

I like the 'Earth is Flat' LP. I didn't like it much when it came out but it grew on me over the years. Then again when it came out I was super sXe and the first line of 'I've been drinkin' all night' didn't really appeal to me but after I got a little older and started to open up to more alt rock bands I started to like it. Then again I'm drinking a Yuengling Black and Tan as I write this. How things change.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 3-27-2007 at 11:38 AM

X-ray Spex. Awesome band but the only song anyone ever knows is "Oh, Bondage".

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 3-27-2007 at 08:17 PM

The Germs - Lexicon Devil

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Gooch

Mood: Government Warning

[*] posted on 3-28-2007 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stateofdisgrace
I agree with Supertouch. Its the only song I actually even listen to by them. I am sure I should give the album one more listen.

What about Civ? They will only be remembered for "Can't Wait One Minute More", even though I personally like the entire record.

I hate the ST Lp, but the 7" is incredible. Too bad they didn't record a whole Lp that sounded like that. If you ever listen to any of their live stuff from 87-88, you'll here plenty of good songs that never got recorded.

People who aren't in hc might think of CIV this way, but the rest of us know the whole record is great. That song is actually one of my least favorite on there, but that also could be because of that car commercial it was in last year.

And this is one of the things I love about hardcore. Mainstream music is all about individual songs, hardcore to me about the 7"s and Lps. Ya, I have favorite songs from bands, but I rarely ever put on a record to listen to one song. For the most part, if I'm listening to a record, I go 1st song to last song.

My mind is Clear, Free from hurt. My mind is Clear, Value its worth!
stateofdisgrace

[*] posted on 3-28-2007 at 12:46 PM

Gooch,

I remember them live in 87-88, too. That is why when the record came out, I was disappointed.

As for Civ, I agree, but I was wondering what others thought about that band, too.

I hate the song because they used to play it at the Ranger's games the year I worked at MSG......
sleepwalker

[*] posted on 3-28-2007 at 01:50 PM

i might be a little late on this but seriously i can't imagine anyone thinking that Supertouch is a one hit wonder. Searching for the light is a good song but definitely not there best one. The earth is flat is an amazing record from beginning to end.
stateofdisgrace

[*] posted on 3-28-2007 at 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sleepwalker
i might be a little late on this but seriously i can't imagine anyone thinking that Supertouch is a one hit wonder. Searching for the light is a good song but definitely not there best one. The earth is flat is an amazing record from beginning to end.

Hey, your opinion, SW. As a kid, that is all I remember is that song and them live. I cannot name another song by them from the top of my head......Thus, one hit wonder in my book.

Go To Top