Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Activity Calorie Calculator?
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 4-17-2007 at 10:10 PM
Activity Calorie Calculator?

I was wondering if one of you could look at this and tell me how accurate you think this ?calorie calculator? is.

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/jumpsite/calculat.htm

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 4-18-2007 at 05:24 PM

Looks a little conservative. I worry about gender and height though. I typed in my wieght (182) and then did 8 minutes. I got:

Elliptical Trainer: general 105

It takes me about 8 minutes to do a mile on one of those things and I'm usually at 120 calories.

My concern would be it didn't take into account my age, height or gender. One place I use is:

www.calorie-count.com

There is an Activiy Log page (once you sign up and it is free) that is fairly reliable.

Hope it helps!
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 4-18-2007 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
Looks a little conservative. I worry about gender and height though. I typed in my wieght (182) and then did 8 minutes. I got:

Elliptical Trainer: general 105

It takes me about 8 minutes to do a mile on one of those things and I'm usually at 120 calories.

My concern would be it didn't take into account my age, height or gender. One place I use is:

www.calorie-count.com

There is an Activiy Log page (once you sign up and it is free) that is fairly reliable.

Hope it helps!

I agree with you that it probably is a conservative estimate, but how are you getting your calories burned on the elliptical? Is it from the screen, because those aren't very accurate either. Check out this site as well, it's got a ton of good, reliable info.

Go To Top