Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What do you think about Danzig and Doyle?
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 10:27 AM
What do you think about Danzig and Doyle?

I'm assuming most of us grew up on the Misfits. Maybe you've seen Jerry and Doyle's "resurection" of the band with Graves and CHUD. Now I'm reading that there will be more Danzig and Doyle Shows. What do you all think? Are you wanting to see the shows? Why is Doyle now boys with Glen? How does Jerry feel about this?

Just curious what you all thought. Thanks!
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 11:00 AM

I think i liked the misfits when they were the misfits.
glensa douche, jerrys a douche, bringing back bands and making them shitty sucks.
No respect for themselves.
Do I ever sleep?
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 11:39 AM

Its gotta be all of them. It can be for the money (yes, I'm ok with that having never seen them). And they must play Philly. If one of those things is not in line, then it gets a thumbs down from me.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 11:39 AM

Wait. Danzig and Doyle are going to be playing as the Misfits? With hired guns on the other instruments?

The main beef was always between jerry & glenn. And with jerry & doyle being brothers, I guess they always stuck together. But I do recall hearing about some sort of falling out between them, so I guess it's possible doyle & glenn have hooked up. Funny.

The stuff they did with Graves was such cheese. Can't imagine this being much better though. Glenn must have realized that the whole Danzig 28 (or whatever number he's up to) and comic books don't pay the bills like a misfits reunion would!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 11:44 AM

Ive never really listened to the Misfits. Am I a bad person?

CR83

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 11:46 AM

Duane, great response Bro. I too heard there was a falling out between the brothers. I wouldn't be interested in the show mainly because I'd have to sit through the Dazig material. First it's Motely Cure now it's the Misfits. Middle aged rockers.
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 11:48 AM

I'm going to see Motley Crue in a week.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 11:59 AM

i heard danny nsk already has tickets to the danzig/doyle misfits reunion.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 12:37 PM

I heard that doyle was in a new band called Gorgeous Frankenstein and that they were going to tour with Danzig... but i havent heard anything of this misfits reunion.

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 02:11 PM
From Punknews.org.....

While not a complete Misfits lineup, the shows will feature "the closest thing to a Misfits reunion that the East Coast will see" and is set to happen on three dates. On Monday, February 28 at the Roxy Theatre in Boston, Wednesday, March 1 at the Spirit Performance Center in New York, and Thursday, March 2 at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia, Doyle will join his former Misfits bandmate Glenn Danzig for a special 30-minute set of Misfits classics. Two west coast cities witnessed a Glenn and Doyle reunion late last year, marking the first time the two had shared a stage in some 20 years.

viva hate

Mood: choking victim

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 03:10 PM

DANZIG AND DOYLE PLAYED TWO SHOWS TOGETHER THE TWO NIGHTS BEFORE NEW YEARS IN LOS ANGELES.....THEY WERE FUCKING AWESOME. THEY PLAYED ONE BIG SHOW WITH NEW FAD BANDS SUCH AS BLEEDING THROUGH AND AS I LAY DYING, BUT THEY ALSO PLAYED AN AWESOME SHOW AT THE VERY SMALL KEY CLUB IN WEST HOLLYWOOD. EVEN THOUGH JERRY WASN'T THERE, TO WATCH AND SING ALONG TO ALL MY FAVORITE MISFITS SONGS WAS A CHILDHOOD WET DREAM. THEY EVEN STEERED AWAY FROM THE HITS. I FUCKING LOVE THEM.

let\'s scrub that sensitivity with some sandpaper....
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 03:24 PM

I'd go in a second. Jerry is the one destroying the legacy of the Misfits.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 03:24 PM

i think just seeing glenn doing misfits songs will be enough of a draw for most people. he never does any when playing danzig, does he? admittedly, i'd go for that reason alone.

CR83

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 04:10 PM

I actually enjoyed seeing the first few tours of the "new" misfits. I got to meet Jerry after one show and he was real nice. I think what's going on the past few years has been reaching a bit. I would admittedly go to a full Misfits reunion show. They would totally cash in. I'm a sucker I guess. I would also go to a Danzig Doyle show now that I think about it. Oh well...no shows in St. Louis (not surprised)
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 2-22-2005 at 07:00 PM

What do I think of Danzig and Doyle? Well, they're a cute couple, I suppose. :P

Yeah, I'd probably go see them play a Misfits set, it's gotta be better than Jerry's various incarnations of the band over the years. Michale Graves was a fucking joke and the new albums are all piles of steaming shit, but I'll always be a fan of the old stuff. Unfortunately, where I am now, there's no chance of them coming through, so it's really not even worth thinking about for me.

Veritas odium parit
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 12:15 AM

misfits are one of the few bands i like as much as i did when i was 13. im sure id go, just like i went on the first reunion tour. now if i can hear danzig actually sing all the classic misfits stuff and then get danny to drop him again that would be a helluva night

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 01:11 PM

I hope they get back together. The Misfits are one of those bands I never saw becasue I didn't get into the scene unitl Samhain was around. I skated and kicked it to the Misfits.

It will not be worth anything until they all get back together put ego's aside and just jam the fuck out. I have seen the misfits with the different singers many times but it was never the same. Shit I even saw them when Doyle sang

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Big Ugly

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 02:06 PM

I'm probably the only one here, but I liked the two albums with Graves singing. I just thought of it as different band. It was cool as long as Jerry and Doyle were there, but once Doyle left it just went to shit. From what I hear the set now is split equally between Misfits, Ramones, and Black Flag songs. Fucking gay.

I think Danzig said it best in an interview a few years ago, "the Misfits I was in would never have done a song called I Wanna Be A New York Ranger."

MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 05:49 PM

The American Psycho album was good. I also didnt think of it as the Misfits of old simply because it really wasnt... The release they had on Roadrunner I thought what was crap. And the 1950s project is a cd I should have listened to before I bought.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 2-23-2005 at 06:43 PM

The 2 records from that new singer was not bad but I jsut could not get into it. They are ok songs though.

JSUT NOT THE FUCKING MISFITS THOUGH!

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.

Go To Top