Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anti Heroes
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 07:48 PM
Anti Heroes

Just wanted to mention how much I love this fucking band. I'm listening to their "American Pie" album right now and it's just amazing. I haven't listened to this album for at least a year, if not longer, and I can't figure out why. It's sooooo damn good.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 08:33 PM

My only complaint about the band is how screamy Noah got towards the latter stuff. It was borderline on American Pie but very tolerable. Underneath the Underground is an amazing musical oi album that they got Sam Kinison to sing on.

Maybe one other....that the double CD has Six Pack Daze removed to include that mock rap song.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 09:22 PM

Anti-Heroes are awesome.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 09:26 PM

I love 'em. Never understood why they mispluralized the name though. Shit like that bugs the shit outta me.

Veritas odium parit
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 10:01 PM

i don't think i ever listened to that band.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Anti-Heroes are awesome.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 02:06 AM

do they still exist? they should have played germany some years ago, but cancelled.this was the last i heard about them.:(

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 12:56 PM

I think they just play a show now and again if they feel like it.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
xcadmusx

Mood: old shit nobody likes anymore

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 01:45 PM

American Pie is probably my favorite album by them. They were awesome live, too. Alot of the more screamy stuff never sounded like that when they played lived, though... it was more his old style. Great band.

Visit Back To Back on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/backtobacklvhc
Barnesey

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
My only complaint about the band is how screamy Noah got towards the latter stuff. It was borderline on American Pie but very tolerable. Underneath the Underground is an amazing musical oi album that they got Sam Kinison to sing on.

Maybe one other....that the double CD has Six Pack Daze removed to include that mock rap song.

Jason, it actually has "Six Pack Daze" on the Step 1 version. Even though I wouldn't buy shit from Step 1. Anti-Heros were at one time one of my favorite bands until they started worrying about what people thought they were or what they were not. The Sam Kinison analogy is hilarious though. I thought that "I'm True" was pretty awesome sans the radio edit version. "That's Right" will probably be my all time favorite album by them but mainly for nostalgic reasons.

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 08:25 PM

What has the mock rap song? Sounds like someone's talking about the US of Oi volume II that GMM put out. I've got Six Pack Daze on a Step 1 comp, but that's the only Anti Heroes song on there.

Or am I just unaware that the first two albums were released on one CD before GMM did it, and that version had Six Pack Daze on it?

Sam Kinison analogy nails it on the head, though I still love it. And I still can't believe the same guy wrote the lyrics to "National Debt" and "I'm Hungry".

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Barnesey

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by random
What has the mock rap song? Sounds like someone's talking about the US of Oi volume II that GMM put out. I've got Six Pack Daze on a Step 1 comp, but that's the only Anti Heroes song on there.

Or am I just unaware that the first two albums were released on one CD before GMM did it, and that version had Six Pack Daze on it?

Sam Kinison analogy nails it on the head, though I still love it. And I still can't believe the same guy wrote the lyrics to "National Debt" and "I'm Hungry".

I'm assuming Jason is talking about "Pu On My Di." I can't remember what Noah's explanation for leaving out Six Pack Daze was on the GMM version. The Step 1 version came after. Those scumbags pressed it without permission.

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 10:31 PM

Ahhh.... makes more sense than the actual rap song that's on the comp I mentioned. Thanks!

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.

Go To Top