[*] posted on 5-21-2007 at 08:16 PM
KRSONE, Philly

KRS ONE at World Cafe Live Wednesday

Wish I could go.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 5-21-2007 at 08:58 PM

I would've thought that would've been a little more expensive. If my one boy wants to go I might hit it up.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-21-2007 at 10:35 PM

There's another dude at that show besides KRS and Marley Marl that my friend's record label just put out a disc from. His name's Amir Sulaiman, dude's been on Def Poetry Jam a couple times. He's dope. Raps alot like KRS.

MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 07:35 AM

Shit.Fuck.Damn.

I would love to freaken go to this so badly. And Amir Sulaiman is heavy. You want to talk about someone who thinks deeply. Incredible.

Fuck.

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 08:52 AM

too damn far but I'd love to go to that show...
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 09:00 AM

KRS-One has ignited controversy with his comments as a panelist at The New Yorker Festival on October 2nd, claiming that he and other African-Americans "cheered when 9/11 happened . . . I say that proudly."
As reported in the New York Daily News and confirmed by a New Yorker spokeswoman, the rapper explained his views by saying that prior to the attack World Trade Center security guards prevented black people from entering "because of the way we talk and dress. So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm -- justice.' [9/11] doesn't affect us. 9/11 happened to them, not us. The rich . . . those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations."

KRS-One also criticized recent voter registration campaigns by members of the hip-hop community. "Voting in a corrupt society adds more corruption," he said. "America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place." This comment drew a heated response fellow panelist and former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic, who yelled, "That is wrong, man. Suicide is not the answer."

Since emerging as the leader of hip-hop troupe Boogie Down Productions in the Eighties, KRS-One has been an outspoken social critic. He delivered a stinging indictment of commercial airwaves on R.E.M.'s "Radio Song" in 1991, and in recent years he actually served as an executive with Dreamworks Records. His most recent solo album is 2003's Krystyles.

The Web site for Temple of Hip-Hop, the self-proclaimed hip-hop preservation society founded by KRS-One, includes a "declaration of peace" that seeks to "establish a foundation of health, love, awareness, wealth, peace and prosperity for ourselves, our children and their children's children, forever."

you come at the king....you best not miss
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 11:06 AM

i saw him once in 90 or 91 at either west chester university or cheyney, can't remember. he called me out from on stage cause i was wearing a sick of it all shirt.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 11:15 AM

Quote:

The Web site for Temple of Hip-Hop, the self-proclaimed hip-hop preservation society founded by KRS-One, includes a "declaration of peace" that seeks to "establish a foundation of health, love, awareness, wealth, peace and prosperity for ourselves, our children and their children's children, forever."

hip hop preservation society? Ugh.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
Quote:

hip hop preservation society? Ugh.

The dude goes a long way to distinguish hip hop from the bullshit that's plastered all over MTV dude. He gets my respect.

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 06:19 PM

'Mmmm -- justice.' [9/11] doesn't affect us. 9/11 happened to them, not us. The rich . . . those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations."
"Voting in a corrupt society adds more corruption," he said. "America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place"

you come at the king....you best not miss
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 06:25 PM

krs one did a song with crazy town, he's not cool

Go To Top