Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Who drives a VOLKSWAGEN on this board?
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 12:22 AM
Who drives a VOLKSWAGEN on this board?

I am looking to buy a 2004 PASSAT. They are asking 13,990. It has 34,000 miles. Sun roof, and its pretty sweet. They were asking 14,999. and the Kelly Blue Book is 15,205.

Gets 21 city and 30 highway MPG

I am also deciding between that and a 2005 Mercury Mariner for the same price. This Mariner is mint throughout. Offers a little more roomt ahn the Passat for my son and when we get groceries etc.

It gets 20 city and 25 Highway MPG

My Explorer is feeling its age and we want to save some money on gas. Both vehicles do this but the Passat is obviously the best in the gas department.

I average 12city and 19 highway MPG with the explorer.

What is your opinion of Volkswagen? I liked driving it.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 01:05 AM

I personally never drove a Volkswagen before, but always have heard that they can be very hit or miss on reliability. Might I suggest Toyota?
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 06:11 AM

I had a Jetta and I had a ton of problems with it. I dont think I would buy another one.

Im looking into a Mazda 3 for my next car.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 06:27 AM

i have a 99' Wolfsberg Golf, i love it, i've had it for about 7-8 months and no problems with it so far.
i had two hondas before this, they were great as well. you could always look at a Accord.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 09:38 AM

The Accord was a little pricey a this dealer but nice.

I drove a Mazda 6 and that thing was awsome butt he colors they had were jsut awful. It was a purplesih blue. It looked like Barney. I wish they had another color in that Mazda. It drove nice.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 09:41 AM

I used to sell extended warranties for cars. VW was the only make that only came with 2 years or 24k miles of bumper to bumper coverage. That spoke volumes to me.

The cars that broke the most were dodge neon and VW's. Please check and see what the warranty coverage is. Personally, I won't drive a VW. My aunt had a Golf a few years ago that required all the wiring replaced. It was a mess but I'm sure all makes have horror stories like that.
tschneck

Mood: Opie & Anthony

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 10:00 AM

I drive a 96 Golf. As a poster said above, they are really hit or miss. I had a friend who had his Jetta up over 300k miles and it still drove like brand new because he babied that thing. I've had a couple of problems with mine (my reverse just went out) but I think they are great cars.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 10:30 AM

I know people that have owned VWs, but they switch cars so much that I can't give an accurate rating becasue they didn't have them for more than 3 years.
Hondas are pretty much problem free and run forever. I've had mine for 7 years and never a problem. I have to keep it for a few more becasue I can't afford to buy another car at this point.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
I know people that have owned VWs, but they switch cars so much that I can't give an accurate rating becasue they didn't have them for more than 3 years.
Hondas are pretty much problem free and run forever. I've had mine for 7 years and never a problem. I have to keep it for a few more becasue I can't afford to buy another car at this point.

^^^^^^^ I can't einter but my Explorer is costing too much to keep up. Plus gas is rediculous and they are taking my Explorer in with no negative equity..

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 11:10 AM

used to have a 2000 jetta glx.
loved it, but it did have a handful of problems with the electronics.

spend some time on http://www.edmunds.com reading reviews and asking questions. also, some site like yahoo autos publish the consumer reports 'best used car list'.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 11:29 AM

I was on EDMUNDS this morning. I like that site. Also KBB and some various others. I'll check CONSUMER now. Thanks.

godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 5-22-2007 at 04:46 PM

I have an 03 VW Gti 1.8t that I really like. Any problems I've had with it were mostly through the dealer. I duno if it's just here but their service dept. is atrocious. Again, check on the warrenty though...

\"Leave the gun....take the canolis.\"

Go To Top