Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ipod ?
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 03:03 PM
Ipod ?

So I got the 30 GB. Is it dificult to send your itune to it? Also I picked up a Griffin roadtrip combination charger/fm transmitter for the car becasue aparently the IPOD doesn't come witht he cord to plug into your car. I want to return this but I think I need it. SUcks becasue this thing was another 50 bucks. Although BEST BUY did match SAMS CLUBS IPOD price. I got 25 bucks off. So its almost a wash. What is the best way to plug the IPOD in on a car? The cigarette lighter outlet? I don't think my car made the MP3 list of new vehiicles with MP3 capabilities.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 03:07 PM

Just got a shuffle in the mail yesterday. It auto-filled my entire library onto it (yup, haven't switched the CD collection to mp3's yet). Not sure yet how to choose which tracks to load.

Sorry, I've been no help at all.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 03:11 PM

Clevo...if you havn't opened that transmitter don't. For the most part they all suck. I tried several and the ones that work halfway decent cost about a bill...and they still will lose signal if you're in the city. If your car isn't that old some car places can put an auxiliary wire from your stereo to plug in direct. A friend did this and it cost about the same as a decent transponder. Again..those transponders suck.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Clevo...if you havn't opened that transmitter don't. For the most part they all suck. I tried several and the ones that work halfway decent cost about a bill...and they still will lose signal if you're in the city. If your car isn't that old some car places can put an auxiliary wire from your stereo to plug in direct. A friend did this and it cost about the same as a decent transponder. Again..those transponders suck.

^^^^^^^ What do I use then? I need ot plug the ipod into the car to jam out. This roadtrip thing was originally 75 but sold it to me for 49. Its got a dock so the ipod isnt laying around. Like I said all I wanted was a cord to plug intot he charger and run it to the ipod and I'd lay it down somewhere but this kind of keeps everyhting topgether. I won't us the radio. I see no sense in that. Ohter than having something put in(installed) my car what else is there?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent

If your car has a tape deck the cassette adapter is the way to go (aside from getting something installed). They're cheap and work so much better than the radio adapters. If you're gonna use the radio adapter and you don't ever use the radio, I would remove your antenna if possible. I have a radio adapter for my iPod and until I took my antenna off my car I couldn't get a strong enough signal to keep from having radio stations bleeding in on top of what I was trying to play.

^^^^^^^ What do I use then? I need ot plug the ipod into the car to jam out. This roadtrip thing was originally 75 but sold it to me for 49. Its got a dock so the ipod isnt laying around. Like I said all I wanted was a cord to plug intot he charger and run it to the ipod and I'd lay it down somewhere but this kind of keeps everyhting topgether. I won't us the radio. I see no sense in that. Ohter than having something put in(installed) my car what else is there?

Veritas odium parit
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 04:29 PM

I dunno how my words ended up in the middle of that shit, but yeah, get the tape adapter if you have a tape player.

Veritas odium parit
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 05:27 PM

My radio adaptor for my shuffle works perfectly, even in downtown Toronto.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 05:51 PM

That just goes to show that everything's weaker in Canadia, even the radio signals. :P

Veritas odium parit
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
That just goes to show that everything's weaker in Canadia, even the radio signals. :P

^^^^^^ AHAHAHAA:P

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 09:13 PM

Quote:
I dunno how my words ended up in the middle of that shit, but yeah, get the tape adapter if you have a tape player.

^^^^^^^^ the crazy thing is I do nto have a tape player and no input intot he stereo to plug the ipod into. SO I guess I'll have to have a aux plug put in like you guys said. Fucking A this is getting expensive.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 11:37 PM

either the cassette adapter OR if your stereo has an aux input.
like j said, the fm transmitters are a waste.
everyone has one (sep. satellite radio subscribers), so other signals are always cutting in.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 5-26-2007 at 12:05 AM

Quote:

Insult us all you want, but at least have the decency to spell the county's name right.;)

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 5-26-2007 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Quote:

Insult us all you want, but at least have the decency to spell the county's name right.;)
Spelling? If you didn't understand that "canadia" was a subtle dig, I'll hafta go back to spelling it Canaduh.

Veritas odium parit
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-26-2007 at 02:50 PM

zing!
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-26-2007 at 04:06 PM

I have the radio transmitter and it works but the qulaity is lower....
what kind of car do you have?
when I was looking for a car adaptor I found a site that had ones that connected to the back of your radio like where you would plug in an amp....
and if they had them for my 10 year old ford stay wag I'm sure they got them for every make of car...
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ivsYba6vKNO/cgi-bin/prodgroup.a...
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 5-26-2007 at 04:36 PM

i just ordered an ipod nano, motivation to start running and not have to use a cassette player anymore
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-26-2007 at 07:52 PM

http://www.cartoys.com/Default.cfm/p/Drive+Play_iPod_Car_Kit...
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-26-2007 at 09:35 PM

^ That HK joystick thing cofuses the shit outta me.
I'd surely crash.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
tschneck

Mood: Opie & Anthony

[*] posted on 5-27-2007 at 11:30 AM

The aux input is definitely the way to go if possible. I lucked out that I bought a radio with it on there and the sound is so perfect that way. The aux cord I bought from Radio Shack only cost me 6 bucks too. If you use the FM transmitter try to use the highest frequency. That seemed to work for me when I had to use one. Meh, just my two cents.

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-27-2007 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
http://www.cartoys.com/Default.cfm/p/Drive+Play_iPod_Car_Kit...

^^^^^^^^^ I went ot get ti last night but the dude talked me out of it. 100 for the stuff and 70 to install. They drill hole sinto your dash and counsel. Also, it still will give a little white noise per past customers of theirs. He said either
A. Buy after market radio
B. See if my dealship will swap out or purchase a radio of theres to match.
C. Use only a regualr radio frequency thing. It sucks but its cheap.

This sucks I thought the IPOD thing would easy to deal with. Once its done i guess it will be fine.

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-27-2007 at 07:41 PM

dude check the other link I posted
should be easier then buy a new radio
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-28-2007 at 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyfists28
i just ordered an ipod nano, motivation to start running and not have to use a cassette player anymore

That was my rationale with the shuffle. Nothing nicer than running around a lake while the sun sets and listening to Blood for Blood except, well, not running... cause running sucks ass. But I know I should do it anyway. Oh, and lots of other things are nicer, too.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 04:41 PM

got my nano in the mail today and finally figured out how to put songs into it. lots of fun figuring out what to put in, it only holds around 200 or so songs so i'm trying to balance the heavy, country mellowness out. started with hank III, onto the generators and bfb
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 09:24 PM

How do you take a video from YOUTUBE or from a dvd and rip it to your ipod? Say like the Sheerterror DVD?

Go To Top