Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: EARTHQUAKE / TEMPO38 & PROVOKE | HARDCORE TODAY?
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 6-14-2007 at 01:27 PM
EARTHQUAKE / TEMPO38 & PROVOKE | HARDCORE TODAY?

Their Myspace

I love this band.

I also love, Provoke, and Tempo 38. Don't know if any of you have heard of them? (NZ and AUSTRALIAN HC)

A Daily Rant:
PS - Canadian bands suck. I'm so sick of Canadian bands! I never get into any of them really. My personal ratio from good to not good is 1 (good) to 10 bad. And I'm talking about all styles of hardcore. In particular, canadian youth/crew/trashy stuff. Boriiing. Fuck! They all mimic each other so when they all sound like shit they all end up sounding like shit. Only 1 or 2 ever stick out. When I listen to the older bands from Canada of this style lets say 90s-2003 ish they were good. Plus. these new bands only last a year or 2 if that. Weak! When I listen to bands of these genres/styles that aren't from Canada I get into it. Just sounds better to me. Odd? I need to move.

Or is it that most bands just suck now-a-days? Has everything been done and now is just being over played? Whats going on here... with hardcore and the music around it in general. Lets discuss. I know we talk about it all the time but lets continue.

IMO.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 6-14-2007 at 01:32 PM

Dayglo Abortions, Bunchofuckingoofs, Dirty Bird, Shitloads of Fuck All, DOA, Subhumans, Pointed Sticks, Viletones, Union Made, Random Killing, Armed & Hammered, Alcoholic White Trash, D.B.S., Matadors, King Size Braces.

Some other Canuck bands you should look into Brandon.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-14-2007 at 01:34 PM

I already know all of those bands and like most of them. They aren't new either most of those are older and that means they are better in my opinion (IMO). Basically, more so, the general GTA area sucks. All the new bands I see posted on thekilldecibel.com's messageboard. Theres a new band every month... Ugh. Perhaps I'm jaded because I know most of the people up here are fake and just wack though so how can I even take their shit seriously.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-14-2007 at 01:47 PM

The Toronto punk scene has always been decent, but has always been weak in terms of hardcore bands. I don't even bother checking out new bands because most of the hardcore bands to come of Toronto in the last 5-6 years can fit into a few of categories;

1. Bad youth crew-styled edge bands
2. Laughable wish-they-were-tough thug-type bands
3. Metal bands claiming they're hardcore.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 6-14-2007 at 01:52 PM

aren?t career suicide and fucked up fom toronto. i like them very much, both great live bands and don?t fit in the mentioned categories.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-14-2007 at 02:50 PM

That's why I said most bands, not all bands.;)

panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 6-14-2007 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
That's why I said most bands, not all bands.;)

got it. was, because you didn?t mention them.:)

ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-15-2007 at 03:41 AM

I do note that alot of the bands from the US just are going downhill as well... all the same shit. Too many fakes. The whole thing.. as for bands from Europe. They still remain at least in my eyes to be some of the ones with the most heart and I think that it surely does show in their music no matter what style it is.

Go To Top