Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: fuckin' firefighters are crazy.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 01:53 PM
fuckin' firefighters are crazy.

An old friend and former coworker decided to become a New York City Firefighter after the dotcom we worked for went under. He's the only full-time firefighter I know, so admittedly, I worry sometimes. Fortunately, he says the vast majority of the calls they get are extremely minor, and he's only had one serious accident in the past five years.

That's my man Neenan leading the way in the photo below from the NY Post. Apparently, no one on the squad sustained any significant injuries. Hard to believe.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 02:02 PM

My girlfriends dad was a fire fighter. He retired last year after 30 years on the job.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 02:26 PM

One of my really good boys is a firefighter. He works down center city, so he hasn't had to actually fight a fire. Just show up for false alarms and stupid shit. Would be a lot different if he was working in N Philly or W Philly.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 02:41 PM

a friend of the family was a firefighter in Jersey. He got killed in a fire about 2 months ago. He was only 28. It sucked.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 03:13 PM

sorry to hear that, juice.
that job takes a pair of brass ones.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 03:18 PM

Teachers, Firefighters, Police, EMS workers, all waaaay underpaid and under appreciated.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
Teachers, Firefighters, Police, EMS workers, all waaaay underpaid and under appreciated.

^^^^^^^^^ Man that is sooooooo true.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 05:01 PM

Quote:

Amen to that.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 05:09 PM

The shit EMS technicians have to deal with is crazzzzy.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 05:26 PM

Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly. Thankfully for us, I believe they are paid higher Canada than in the U.S., but it still isn't enough.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 06:01 PM

i truly believe that a person who puts their life on the line for their job should be paid more than doctors and lawyers. its not always about the skill of the profession, it's the heart that you put into it
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 07:32 PM

Considering that teachers are preparing those who will be running the world, they deserve respect and a hefty paycheck.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-30-2007 at 01:41 AM

Sad thing is, most of the teachers in public school systems (at least Philadelphia anyway) are HORRIBLE. It's a wonder I can function so well and even write. But I can thank a very few teachers for that, the rest are there to collect a check, not enough want to actually do it. I doubt paying them more will change it, but I would hope it would up the standards. Althought it may entice people who could be good teachers to do it.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 6-30-2007 at 10:57 AM

Yeah firemen are crazy, 2 uncles on the job, plus my cousin was going through training down in Texas and passed everything, but managed to hurt his back at some point so now its in doubt whether he will have a career or not out of it.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-30-2007 at 12:56 PM

I have tons of respect for fire dudes.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 7-26-2007 at 12:16 AM

My dad was an EMT and firefigther till booze got the better of him. He had a run in with a guy on PCP and ended up having to sit on the dude and rough him up a bit in the back of the ambulance. When I get out of the service I'm thinking about doing it seeing as how a large part of my job on ship is firefighting.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 7-26-2007 at 07:33 AM

Quote:

And don't forget daycare workers, makes you wonder where our priorities lie.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 7-26-2007 at 07:46 AM

God Bless the fireman... I dont think I could ever do that job.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-26-2007 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
Sad thing is, most of the teachers in public school systems (at least Philadelphia anyway) are HORRIBLE. It's a wonder I can function so well and even write. But I can thank a very few teachers for that, the rest are there to collect a check, not enough want to actually do it. I doubt paying them more will change it, but I would hope it would up the standards. Althought it may entice people who could be good teachers to do it.

80% of the teachers I had were worthless. Teachers in Philly are more worried about getting jumped by the rotten kids than educating. About 6 months ago one teacher was assaulted and had his skull cracked by a student. Aside from that, the school district is broke. Somehow no tax dollars filter into the schools. I knew a guy who started as an elementary school teacher at some school in W Philly and had to pay out of his pocket to make dittos / worksheets for the kids, there were not enough text books for half the classes, and he had kids that were so filthy he was concerned about getting lice. No to mention there was always the threat of some shit head parent looking to cash out by sueing the school district for having their rotten kid reprimanded / punished for being a little shithead.
I used to deliver AV equipment to a high school in Chester, PA and another in Camden NJ. Let me tell ya, you don't want to visit these places.

Go To Top