Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Well, it's 6PM...
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 06:01 PM
Well, it's 6PM...

...and all over the world (well, all over the east coast of the US, for now), NERDS heads are fucking exploding.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 06:09 PM

i finally caught up to the rest of the world and got a small ipod, the 2 gigger so i can't even begin to comprehend the phone at this point.
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 06:11 PM

I'm sick of this damn thing...you'd think it's the cure for cancer. It looks like a cool gadget but fuck man every blog I read is nothing but iPhone shit. "Hey send us pics if you're waiting in line at an AT&T store!" Fuck that.

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 06:20 PM

what will rule is if they all go to geek out at once and the entire network fails....

it'll be the end of the sopranos all over again with millions of lonely fan boys going WTF
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 06:47 PM

maybe they will blow up in peoples pockets
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC
I'm sick of this damn thing...you'd think it's the cure for cancer. It looks like a cool gadget but fuck man every blog I read is nothing but iPhone shit. "Hey send us pics if you're waiting in line at an AT&T store!" Fuck that.

I feel you.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
maybe they will blow up in peoples pockets

That would be awesome.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 07:31 PM

I remember the days when phones were simply used to call other people. I hate cell phones and have never owned one, and I would only get one if I had a job that required it. That being said, why the fuck do people need so much shit in a phone? Realistically, why does anybody need a phone that takes pictures, plays music, etc.? As for the internet aspect, or watching tv shows or movies, why would you want to watch anything on a screen that small? Some say that it's good for commuting. My answer to that is that more peple should learn to pick up a book instead.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 09:44 PM

That BECK cd is the his best release.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-29-2007 at 10:07 PM

Looks like a great iPod... but from what I understand it's features are wasted on AT&T, so go figure. Plus, there's alot of stuff other phones have that this thing doesn't.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-30-2007 at 01:27 PM

i hate cell phones
i hate having one, although i need to have it
i hate the bill
and i hate jerkoffs who feel the need to be on them every waking moment
Muttley

Mood: OVERKILL

[*] posted on 6-30-2007 at 05:54 PM

The Apple store is on 5th Ave... my bus to/from work goes down 5th & up Madison every day.

I've been watching these douches line up all week. I noticed Friday morning that they got big shirts with their space # on them... 1, 2, 3 etc. That's just pathetic.

My bus passed by 58th & Madison at about 6:30pm Friday night, and the line was still most of the way around the block.

People really need to get a fucking life. It scares me to think that some of these people actually took vacation time from their jobs to wait in this fucking line all week.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-30-2007 at 06:27 PM

Essentially these people are paying over a $1000 to get a fucking phone!

Muttley

Mood: OVERKILL

[*] posted on 6-30-2007 at 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
Essentially these people are paying over a $1000 to get a fucking phone!

Ain't no phone worth that unless it's blonde, has big tits and blows me. Daily.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 7-5-2007 at 11:14 AM

My friend bought a iphone and this was in his blog.

So I got an iphone on Monday. The transition to AT&T from T-Mobile went really easily, for the most part. You activate the phone via iTunes and it syncs with just about everything.

Some things to note about the phone: Safari (Mac's web browser) crashes sometimes and returns the phone back to the main menu screen. But aside from that, the phone is brilliantly made with a few function issues. I've read about people having problems with the phone crasing when listening to music via the iPod function while surfing the internet and recieving a call. My biggest issue is the fact I cannot send multiple contacts the same text at the same time. Also, the headphone jack is too recessed to use any headphones with an elbowed plug, it has to be straight. And I do not believe it can use the audio/video minijack output to show video on a television like on the iPod video. There is no removable battery so if if the battery runs out, tough, no switching it out on the fly, it must be charged. And there is no option to get more ringtones, at least not yet. I would assume that since the phone is synced through iTunes the ringtones will only be available through iTunes... for a fee I'm quite sure. For me, this is a disapointment.

The best thing is the fact that these problems can be solved with firmware updates where other phones won't or cannot be.

All in all it's a fantastic phone and I think it is almost worth the cost... almost... I would never expect this phone to be less than $350 for the 4GB or $400 for the 8GB. Well I suppose when iPhone 5.0 or some other gadget comes out in ten few years you'll be able to by the clunky vintage iPhone 1.0 dirt cheap.

Here's what the phone, at least the 8GB, has with any service agreement:
Connectivity to yahoo, AOL, .mac, gmail, and hotmail email services, unlimited data transfers and internet. Access to email at the touch of a screen and scrolling through items has never been easier. Also, of course, there's the bluetooth and WiFi systems built in. I think the most difficult thing to get used to is the keyboard. I assume all of those who have been using a Blackberry or another phone with a Querty keyboard will have it easier.

I recommend waiting a bit if you are thinking about getting one though. Apple is already working on iPhone 2.0 and it will utilize a faster data network and the old phones, rumored has it, will not be able to access that faster network on iPhone 1.0... we shall see.

The think that is most revolutionary about iPhone is the way it makes us rethink our views on connectivity, the internet, video, email, SMS texts, music, and telecommunications. The next generation will have to look back to find telephones with buttons or one without being something of a total communications center. With the free marketplace and demands from competition of market share. Neccessity drives innovation, and this phone combines almost every element of connectivity and information. Hopefully, one day, powerlines and telephone poles will be a thing of the past... and we are moving in that direction. I suspect there will be solar communities and neighborhoods and by that time wireless technology will be blazing fast and button free... flying car anyone?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-5-2007 at 11:56 AM

thanks for posting that. i assume his/her previous phone was numeric keypad typing as opposed to qwerty?

a few notes...
- apple has already announced a battery replacement program and third party companies have already followed with cheaper options.
- ringtones are sure to come soon.
- vidoe out is a definite no. there's not even a hack for it (yet).
- firmware upgrades definitely allow for easy functionality updates
- the reason early iPhone models will not be upgradable to 3G networks is because it requires a hardware upgrade. part of the reason why apple chose EDGE for the first version of the phone is because the chipset it requires is smaller and runs more efficiently than the chipset required for 3G (thus equalling a smaller phone with longer battery life).

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 7-5-2007 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I hate cell phones and have never owned one, more people should learn to pick up a book instead.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 7-5-2007 at 12:31 PM

i'm giving mine up when the plan expires in sept. it'll be nice having extra cash with one less bill to pay. i hardly use mine anyways...

Go To Top