Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Update
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 10:38 PM
Update

Ive been doing better with my eating habits and when I choose to eat during the day. I used to eat everynight right before I went to bed, and not just a small meal but a big meal. During the last 3 weeks I have only eaten before I've gone to bed 3 times and none of them were anything big. I think alot of it can be accounted to the new medication im on which helps which my depression but also helps tame my appitite. Since the new medication I've gone from 320 to 285-290lbs. I also quit smoking 15 days ago and I feel so much better. With these good things going on in my life I still find myself surrounded by distress. Friends snorting pills and doing all kinds of drugs and then trying to justify it when I tell them they have a problem with it. I'm 25 and have done my fair share of drugs but have reached the point on focusing on more important stuff then getting high. Does anyone else have these little things overshadowing all the positive things in their life? Do you have friends who seem to have no direction in life? Am I just overreacting?
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 04:33 PM

I appologize for this rant. I was extreamly wasted lastnight when I wrote this,lol.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-9-2007 at 06:12 AM

i think it's great you're making such progress.

sounds like, generally, you're feeling better, you've quit smoking and the drugs, you've lost25 pounds already... those are all things to feel extreemly proud of. hopefully they motivate you to continue.

as far as hanging around friends that are still doign the drugs...
that's always tough. sounds lke you're going to have to work hard to remain steadfast in your decision when around them. if they're truly friends, they'll understand. by the same token, you don't want to come off too hypcritical - if you were right there with them and the pills last week, but are in their face about quitting this week, you could wind up aienating (sp?) them. maybe they're not strong enough to make the decisions you've made. alternatively, maybe you'll find yourself spending less time around them because of the decisions you've made.

ultimately, you need to do what's best for you. you've posted before about wanting to make some positive changes in your life, and it sounds like they're finally happening. congratulations. you should be proud of yourself.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 7-9-2007 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
i think it's great you're making such progress.

sounds like, generally, you're feeling better, you've quit smoking and the drugs, you've lost25 pounds already... those are all things to feel extreemly proud of. hopefully they motivate you to continue.

as far as hanging around friends that are still doign the drugs...
that's always tough. sounds lke you're going to have to work hard to remain steadfast in your decision when around them. if they're truly friends, they'll understand. by the same token, you don't want to come off too hypcritical - if you were right there with them and the pills last week, but are in their face about quitting this week, you could wind up aienating (sp?) them. maybe they're not strong enough to make the decisions you've made. alternatively, maybe you'll find yourself spending less time around them because of the decisions you've made.

ultimately, you need to do what's best for you. you've posted before about wanting to make some positive changes in your life, and it sounds like they're finally happening. congratulations. you should be proud of yourself.

Damn Straight. Just hang in there and know that you are doing the right thing.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 07:36 AM

Thanks guys. BD, you're right. I do feel generally better. I have a better outlook on life as a whole. I keep myself in a positive mindset as much as possible. It feels alittle strange because im so used to focusing on so much negativity. Probably because I surround myself with it because I've been around it for so long. I think alot of my mood change has to do with the new medication im on but I cannot discredit my ability to truely want to better myself. Ive been doing alot of reading lately on abnormal psychology to better understand my mental disabilities (depression/anxiety) I have come across some very interesting stuff in my readings and am actually going to take a class on psychology and then abnormall psychology when I return to college in the Fall for my visual arts degree. I have also taken up writing. I make it a point to write everyday and find it really helps with my mood.
I have found myself distancing myself from my friends who are constantly doing drugs and drinking. I have reached that point in my life where it doesnt appeal to me anymore. I think my friends are getting the hint. I am still cigarette smoke free. Today is 26 days (i think). I dont eat much at all anymore, which is a bad way to lose weight and I know this. Im going to stock up on some fruits and veggies today when I goto the store. Thanks for the encouragment you two. I'll keep you posted.
CR83

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi
I make it a point to write everyday and find it really helps with my mood.
I have found myself distancing myself from my friends who are constantly doing drugs and drinking. I have reached that point in my life where it doesnt appeal to me anymore. I think my friends are getting the hint. I am still cigarette smoke free. Today is 26 days (i think). I dont eat much at all anymore, which is a bad way to lose weight and I know this. Im going to stock up on some fruits and veggies today when I goto the store. Thanks for the encouragment you two. I'll keep you posted.

First off, congrats man. 26 days now? Wonderful. I just read an article on positive thinking and movtivation in this month's Men's Fitness Mag that mad a lot of sense to me.

In all of this distancing yourself from your friends can be a very tough road. The best part is that it doesn't interest you anymore. That is a HUGE step. Not only that you are investing in yourself and trying to understand the root of it all. Absolutley great.

I would not be surprised to check back in 6 months on this thread and see you training for a marathon or something.

We have never met and probably never will. I am just so fucking proud of you Man. Awesome job.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 05:56 PM

Thanks so much Chris. Positive thinking is key to me and making myself better. Little things like positive notes I put around my apartment really help to keep my spirits up. I've come to realize the only thing holding me back from the person I want to be is myself. Im actually taking on responsibilities where I would usually just put the responsibility on someone else. I had a great mentor who really helped me in life all together. Although he has moved onto other things and my contact with him is for the most part gone I have taken enough input to really succeed in anything I do. As for the marathon runner part, im not sure about that. However once I get to a lower weight I will start running. Im still working on getting boxing lessons and if I did it would only make me that much more happy with myself and the life I want to lead. Im starting to eat better now. I got some fruit at the grocery store today and some instant breakfast drinks since I tend to have a hard time eating in the morning. At least this way I will get the vitamins and essential stuff I need for the begining of the day.
CR83

[*] posted on 7-18-2007 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
... I've come to realize the only thing holding me back from the person I want to be is myself. Im actually taking on responsibilities where I would usually just put the responsibility on someone else...

I wish I knew more people like you. This might be the best thing I have ever read on this board. Keep us posted Man. Not only that, this is motivating for me so thank YOU.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-28-2007 at 12:10 PM

Today is my 37th day cigarette smoke free. I got up at 5:45 this morning to start my running regumine. The school I work at has a nice track and its just alittle ways from my house so I decided to go there. When I got there however the gate was locked and I didnt want to hop the fence and worry about trespassing and possibly lose my job. I managed to run to the town dump and back twice which is about a mile there and back to my place. Im suprised I did so well but I hated every moment of it,lol. That will change though after I condition myself to it. I plan on doing it tomorrow morning at 6 also.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-28-2007 at 01:26 PM

man, you are really making some significant changes in your life. congratulations.
it's actually inspiring for me as well. monday will mark the half way point of my one month plan.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-15-2007 at 11:26 AM

Havent been doing much running lately. Only because Ive gone hiking the last 3 days. I would much rather do that then go running. I've dropped down to 280lbs which is a good feeling. I want to get down to 250 in the next couple months. I just had an interview the other day at northeast kingdom youth services. The position is for an overnight awake person (me) to watch over a transitional home where kids who are homeless or in foster care stay. I feel pretty confident I'll get the job but even if I dont being able to walk into the interview and not be nervous is rewarding enough for someone like me who suffers from panic attacks and anxiety. I guess it just shows im really improving overall.
CR83

[*] posted on 8-16-2007 at 09:19 AM

Another round of good news from Luca. Keep it going Bud.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-23-2007 at 09:43 PM

Lost 3 more pounds and have been running but my right knee really hurts. I want to continue running but I think all my weight and running on pavement is a bad thing for me. Im gonna go running tomorrow morning and see how my knee holds up. If it starts to hurt then im going to take a break from the running for alittle while but continue to go hiking as much as possible. I got a message when I got home from work from the youth services place I applied to and they want me to call them back so I can do a second interview. I really hope I get this job. I dont know how much longer I could take doing such a meaningless job as a dishwasher. I seriously hate going to work and I only work there 3 days out of the week. It feels like im trying to make alot of big changes in my life at once and maybe I need to take the time to focus on acouple or one and see them through and then move onto the next one. I find that doing one good things leads to another and another, like a snowball effect and its a great feeling of accomplishment but I dont wanna burn myself out. I just need to find my pace and stay at it for the time being.
CR83

[*] posted on 8-24-2007 at 10:59 AM

Hell Yeah Luca. This has become my favorite thread on the boards here.

You can do it man. Take care of that knee. Try and ice it after a run to see if that helps. There's other shit to do to but I won't get boring on you.

KEEP IT UP!!!!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-24-2007 at 11:04 AM

honestly, i can't imagine burning myself out on postive accomplishments.
it sounds like you're successfully making a lot of great changes in your life - keep it up!

Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-24-2007 at 09:25 PM

I didnt mean so much as burning myself out of positive accomplishments. What I ment to say way I dont wanna take on to many things and burn myself out and not being able accomplish everything I set for myself.....if that makes sense.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-24-2007 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
Hell Yeah Luca. This has become my favorite thread on the boards here.

You can do it man. Take care of that knee. Try and ice it after a run to see if that helps. There's other shit to do to but I won't get boring on you.

KEEP IT UP!!!!

Thanks Chris
I was going to go running this morning but my knee was bothering me tthe whole night and I didnt get much sleep because of it. It does feel better now so I have my alarm set for 6 a.m in hopes of running. At the school I work at one of the maintanence guys is a boxing trainer aand has been boxing for 40 years. apparently he has spared with smoking joe fraiser. I talked with him today about him training me and I think he might do it. Our conversation was cut short cause some dumb ass teacher locked herself out of her room and she needed him to open it. He said we would talk later about it. Hopfully it works out in my favor.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:18 AM

Well my knee's are still bothering me. They hurt like hell when I have to walk downhill. I bought some Icy Hot cream which helps alittle bit. I did go running yesterday evening but only for about 3/4 of a mile. I think its time I goto a doctor and get my knees checked out. I hate not being able to run ( never thought I would ever be saying that). Im still hovering around the 277lb mark. I hope to get down to at least 265-260 mark by the time the snow hits. The school I work at has a gym which I can use for running in the winter time and its free to me because I work for the school. That is if I dont get the job I just had my interview for.
CR83

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 10:29 AM

Luca, try a couple of things prior to going to a Doctor:

1. Ice, not creams. Try Ice even before you go out running and right after you run.
2. Glucosamine Chondroitin Sulfate- you can get it at Target or Walmart near the vitamins and it is cheap. It will take a few days to work but it is for your joints/cartilidge
3. Shoes- this is the most expensive. You need proper running shoes. I know it is easier said then done but it will make a TON of difference. Also, don't wear cotton socks. Cotton will rub your skin raw. I get synthetic socks at Walmart real cheap.

Once you get your weight down some more, your knees will thank you more and more.

Good luck man.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 12:15 PM

Thanks for the tips Chris

I'll check out my local drugstore for the Clucosamine Sulfate, If they dont have it right across the street is a health food store which for sure will have it.

I think I have a good pair of running shoes. I bought some New Balance 478 shoes which feel very comfortable.

The Icy Hot cream seemed to work well after a few aplications. I have hardly any noticable pain while walking. I havent walked down hill yet so I could be wrong. I'll be sure to ice my knees from now on before and after my run.
CR83

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 10:00 AM

Good luck Dude!
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 05:12 AM

Today I went to my first appointment with my Cognative Therapist. My first impression was this guy is wierd. He's definitly in-touch with his spiritual side. Overall he seems nice but he is trying to get my to do Yoga and I dont really want to do it. I told him I would do meditation but dont count on me doing Yoga. He also things I have a drinking problem ( I polished off a Sam Adams "brewmasters special" 12 pack one night lastweek. It is extremly rare that I do that)

Im going to go running in about an hour. Knee is feeling good enough. Probably only do half of what I usually run cause I dont want to hurt my knee again. Other then that, im siked to get started on my new job. All in all Life is good.
CR83

[*] posted on 9-18-2007 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Today I went to my first appointment with my Cognative Therapist. My first impression was this guy is wierd. He's definitly in-touch with his spiritual side. Overall he seems nice but he is trying to get my to do Yoga and I dont really want to do it. I told him I would do meditation but dont count on me doing Yoga. He also things I have a drinking problem ( I polished off a Sam Adams "brewmasters special" 12 pack one night lastweek. It is extremly rare that I do that)

Im going to go running in about an hour. Knee is feeling good enough. Probably only do half of what I usually run cause I dont want to hurt my knee again. Other then that, im siked to get started on my new job. All in all Life is good.

Did you get the job for sure? Also, I'm with you on the yoga stuff.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-18-2007 at 04:29 PM

I just got off the phone with them. My references and background check were both good. I start training next Monday :)
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-18-2007 at 05:24 PM

awesome.
wow, that is just awesome.
i can't get over how much you've accomplished for yourself in the past few months.

congratulations are truly in order!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top