Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Steroid Talk- What's Your Opinion
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 03:04 PM
Steroid Talk- What's Your Opinion

OK, steroids are getting a ton of publicity. They just announced that Benoit had steroids in his system (yeah real shocker there). Bonds might break the HR record and has admitted to using them while claiming he didn't know they were steroids. Yeah right Buddy....

What the hell is going on? Is this just a hot topic or is there a serious issue here in our society?

My main questions are:

Do you think it is OK for pro athletes use steroids?

Do you think werestlers should be allowed to use steroids?
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 03:17 PM

yes and yes.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 03:29 PM

Pete Rose gambles and is banned from baseball and the hall of fame for life.
Barry Bonds takes roids , pergers (sp) himself, and stays in it...
fuck that.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 04:38 PM

Do you think it is OK for pro athletes use steroids? NO!

Do you think werestlers should be allowed to use steroids? NO!

And the worst thing about steroids are the kids using them in HS trying to become a professional athlete.

Steroids are to jocks what flip flops are to herby prepsters

CR83

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
Do you think it is OK for pro athletes use steroids? NO!

Do you think werestlers should be allowed to use steroids? NO!

And the worst thing about steroids are the kids using them in HS trying to become a professional athlete.

Steroids are to jocks what flip flops are to herby prepsters

Very well put. I agree.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 05:21 PM

You know... the steroids thing sucks, but like Futurama predicted... I think they'll be required in the baseball of the future. That said, Bonds is obviously a quality hitter with or without steroids. So I don't know. Frankly, I don't care.

Just keep the kids out of that shit.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 05:28 PM

By now, it's so far out of control that's all you can hope to do.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 05:37 PM

Ryan Howard said something to the degree of he would rather see what he could accomplish without roids...i forget the exact thing he said, but it was indeed quotable
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 08:36 PM

ahhh Christ this debate is funny to me. Roids come in so many different forums and there are a million kinds out there that wil give you every imaginable thing that you are looking for. As far as serious side effects go it all depends on which ones you use, if they are done in a proper manner and how long you use them for.

Should pro athletes be allowed to use them. Hell yes and anyone who says otherwise has no idea what you have to do to be a pro athlete. I have used them in the past to heal injuries faster so I could get back in the game and I experienced no negative side effects at all. I have suffered through a broken pelvis, compressed neck fracture, blown out shoulders, knee surgery, and a broken back. I did not use on all these occasions, but on some I did and there is no way I would have healed as fast and as strong if I had not done a cycle.

As far as kids using them that is not a good thing at all, but it is going to happen no matter what so it makes a lot more sense to me to educate them on the use of steriods than to try and stop them or simply say no, because as we can see that does not work.

In order to forum a real opinion on steriods you really have to do you're research and not buy into all the bullshit media hype, there are safe steriods and safe ways to use them as well. The ones I have used in the past I got on perscription from my doctor each time, and he kept a close eye on my while I was on the cycle. I urge anyone who is ever really considering to use them to first do their research and to second and more importanlly as youre self why. If it is simply to get bigger and stronger for no real reason then please refrain from use. This is how people become addicted and will with out a doubt run into problems down the road.

I could go on forever with this, but will tap out here. They are a fact of life and somthing that will never be stopped by athletes. That is the reason they were created in the first place, to help in the healing process with pro athlets.

It is humane nature to abuse all things.

MM.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 11:09 PM

All I know is, the ones usually taken by athletes make your dome huge and your balls small.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-17-2007 at 11:09 PM

Oh and acne.

DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 7-18-2007 at 04:37 AM

I don't agree baseball players should be able to use performance enhancing roids.

Fuck all this home run bullshit. Fuck barry bonds. I want to see better pitchers. I want it to be a team sport again.

\"rap isn\'t music\" - mozart
CR83

[*] posted on 7-18-2007 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
... The ones I have used in the past I got on perscription from my doctor each time, and he kept a close eye on my while I was on the cycle. I urge anyone who is ever really considering to use them to first do their research and to second and more importanlly as youre self why. If it is simply to get bigger and stronger for no real reason then please refrain from use. This is how people become addicted and will with out a doubt run into problems down the road.

Yes, you were a responsible one but how many people who use steroids use the responsibly? I would assume (again assume) they are abused more then not. I have used a steroid but not a performance enhancing steroid. It was an anti-inflamatory for my separated shoulder and rotator cuff issues.

For performace- steroids are a no no. For Healing, I can accept.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-18-2007 at 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
... The ones I have used in the past I got on perscription from my doctor each time, and he kept a close eye on my while I was on the cycle. I urge anyone who is ever really considering to use them to first do their research and to second and more importanlly as youre self why. If it is simply to get bigger and stronger for no real reason then please refrain from use. This is how people become addicted and will with out a doubt run into problems down the road.

Yes, you were a responsible one but how many people who use steroids use the responsibly? I would assume (again assume) they are abused more then not. I have used a steroid but not a performance enhancing steroid. It was an anti-inflamatory for my separated shoulder and rotator cuff issues.

For performace- steroids are a no no. For Healing, I can accept.

like he said
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-18-2007 at 10:35 AM

I agree with you 100%.

MM.
copeyboy

Mood: Outspoken

[*] posted on 7-18-2007 at 11:02 AM

Okay, I've used steroids to help heal a torn rotator cuff, but never for performance enhancement. I was training in MMA for a while and considered doing a cycle then to help me heal from the various mat injuries that occur and to help me get better faster. However, I didn't. I will say this, though, the main reason I didn't do them was because my wife was really concerned about the negative side effects on my heart. Truth be told, had it not been for her worrying, I would have done them in a heartbeat.

As far as for pro athletes, I don't know where I stand. I guess I really have no reason to be against it. I mean, athletes today have to perform at the very top of their game to continue to be viable to the franchise. No athlete ever goes into a game 100% healthy, so they need help. It's also cool with me simply because it's their bodies, let them do what they want.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 7-18-2007 at 11:27 AM

No its not ok but it will never stop because the doctors who deveop them will always be one step ahead of detection. Plus it really leaves a black mark on record books.

No they should not, but it will still continue. .

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Kid Ugly

[*] posted on 7-19-2007 at 06:11 PM

I don't think it's alright for professional athletes to use steroids. I don't see why they need them, especially in baseball. Juice all you want, you're not gonna see the ball any better. Not to mention that most of the players considered to be legends played in an era where vitamins barely existed. I mean, take a look at a guy like Mickey Mantle. He played with a permanent injury his entire career and as an alcoholic. And he still became one of the most well-recognized names in the history of the game. Imagine if he had played healthy. And that's all without the use of steroids. Not to mention, it takes the fun out of it. When I see a guy hit a home run, I want to know that he hit it because he's a superior athlete, not because he took a needle before the game.

As far as pro wrestlers go, I really can't say. I never followed wrestling. When it comes to the Chris Benoit situation, what he did wasn't due to normal steroid use. In addition to the fact that he had 10x the amount of normal amount of testosterone in his body, he had two different kinds of painkillers in his system. Also, his son had a genetic mental disability, which Chris himself may have had a touch of, further clouding his mind of rational thought. There's a lot of stuff out there that says that there's no direct link to steroid use and an increased amount of rage, paranoia, or depression. I actually do know someone who takes them. He takes them on proper cycles, and does it under a doctor's supervision (I'm sure the doctor doesn't approve, but I know the doctor knows what's up), correct dieting, and correct training. He told me that there's no such thing as roid-rage; that if you're an angry person your going to be angrier, but if you're not, you're not going to be angrier.

MM, I can definitely see your point in using them to assist in the healing process.

Personally, I would never take them. I would rather say I reached a physical goal on my own rather than knowing I achieved something just because of steroids.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-19-2007 at 08:12 PM

Let's ask Sean Sherk and Hermes Franca who BOTH tested positive after their recent UFC title fight!

Simple answers...

Steroids for legit medical reasons? Yes.

Steroids to get huge? Nope.

Competing while using steroids for legit medical reasons?

Up for debate. In combat sports, I'd definitely say no... if you need steroids for medical reasons, either you're too injured to fight or you're using it to cover up other non-legit use. Also, boxers and MMA fighters only fight 2-4 times a year, so they can delay a fight for a month or two and be fine (i.e. still get in the same number of fights in the year). For something like baseball, it seems like it hurts the paycheck substantially to make them sit out for a few months, so I'd be fine with MLB keeping serious tabs on these guys to monitor and ensure that the only use is for legitimate medical reasons while they're on.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.

Go To Top