Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Our New Dog
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 10:05 AM
Our New Dog

Well, we made a move to adopt a stray dog. We got him from a shelter in KC. He was abused and abandonded. He was picked up in April, nursed back to health and we got him Friday night. Our buddy picked him up and drove him to STL for us. My daughter named him Jimmy. He is an 8 month old Boxer/Pit mix, weighs 55 pounds and he is just plain awesome.

We took him up to our river house Saturday for his first swim. No hesitation. Jumped right in and had a blast.

Our last dog passed in early June and we just couldn't resist this guy and he needed a family. Here's a pic of him after he took a stick from a 7 month old Pit Bull.

CR83

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 10:20 AM

Thanks Bro!
BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 12:16 PM

good for you man. He is a looker.

Have fun.

MM.
crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 12:37 PM

with the shitty dog stories in the news it's nice to see a happy ending for once. dog owner's can't go too long without a dog, no matter how close the deceased one was to the family. congrats
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 01:34 PM

yeah, man, you guys jumped right back in.
good for you.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 01:40 PM

awsome news. Looks like a active and fun dog.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
CR83

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 02:01 PM

Thanks all. I'm very surprised Mrs. Reed83 wanted this guy because he looks a lot like our last one but has a bryndle coat (black stripes).

He is a very loving dog. He adores my three year old already. He was abused and my wife and I are big supporters of a few animal charities here in STL. She saw his picture, read his bio and just said, "I think he needs me to save him". We had a friend go meet him and play with him. His gave us the thumbs up so my other buddy went and picked him up and drove him to STL. We got him sight unseen (to a degree).

Can't wait to take him jogging. Should be able to in about 2 weeks.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 02:03 PM

I'm glad you chose to adopt a pet rather than buy one at a pet store. There are too many animals in shelters in desperate need of a home so they don't get put down. That's how I got my two cats.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Muttley

Mood: OVERKILL

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
There are too many animals in shelters in desperate need of a home so they don't get put down.

CR83

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you chose to adopt a pet rather than buy one at a pet store. There are too many animals in shelters in desperate need of a home so they don't get put down. That's how I got my two cats.

No doubt. It is very rewarding and the people I know who have bought from either a pet store or breeder constantly run into health problems w/ their dogs. I know not everyone has it that way but their animals have terrible immune systems.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you chose to adopt a pet rather than buy one at a pet store.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 7-23-2007 at 06:56 PM

Good lookin' dog! I'm also glad to hear you rescued one instead of buying from the animal mills. My last dog was a similar story : pit related breed, abused, tossed to the pound. We saved him from there and he was the best dog I've ever had. We actually went down to the pound to "just look" after our cat was hit by a car and we ended up seeing him on our way to the cat pens. I instantly knew we had to have him even though we were only supposed to be lookin' at cats. I never wanted another cat after losing that one anyway.

It turned out that we were one of the first to even see this dog as he had been left at the pound overnight the night before. We put our names on the list and came back to visit him everyday until he was up for adoption. By the time we finally got him (it takes a week for them to give 'em shots and test their personality and all that), there were about ten other people in line behind us that wanted him.

Veritas odium parit
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 7-24-2007 at 02:19 PM

Pup looks awesome, and just like what everyone else said, it's good to see someone rescue a dog that needs it, I'm sure he knows and appreciates what you did.

Go To Top