Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anthrax seeks vocalist
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 07:35 AM
Anthrax seeks vocalist

ANTHRAX has abandoned plans to utilize the services of SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor on its next album due to scheduling conflicts with Taylor's other projects. ANTHRAX is said to be currently looking for a new singer to join the fold, although this has not yet been officially confirmed by the band or its management.

ANTHRAX split with singer Joey Belladonna in January, less than two years after reuniting with him and other members of the band's "classic" lineup of the '80s and early '90s. Vocalist John Bush had been a member of the band before that, from 1992 to 2005.

Taylor confirmed that he was working with ANTHRAX on material for their next studio album in a June 2007 interview with Germany's Rock Hard magazine. Asked if he would become the group's vocalist, Taylor said, "It's been bandied about. I'm not saying anything right now because all it's been is just talked about...It kind of started as a joke. And then the more we talked about it, the more serious it got. I'm gonna at least help them out. It's kind of a dream come true ? ANTHRAX is one of my favorite bands."

Taylor said in June that he and ANTHRAX were "taking baby steps," but that he had written lyrics for eight or nine songs. He also admitted that while he was interested in singing for ANTHRAX, "I'm in two huge bands right now. So it's like I barely get enough time to sleep, let alone do another band."

Taylor is currently on the road with STONE SOUR and is scheduled to regroup with SLIPKNOT later in the year. It is also unlikely that Taylor would be able to record with ANTHRAX since he is signed to Roadrunner Records (ANTHRAX is believed to still have a European record deal with Nuclear Blast).

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:19 AM

they should just call it a day since they havenet put out anything good since Among The Living anyways....
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:58 AM

a german metal mag tell today that corey isn?t interested anymore, because of his other bands.
we?ll see who?s the next talked about. should take neil turbin back in the band :P:P

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 09:39 AM

This is shitty news. I HATE SLIPNOTS and had no idea they were thinking of destroying the name ANTHRAX with that garbage fronting it. Also the news of Belladonna? Seriously Honus. Give a brother a heads up when you break it tohim that Belladonna left. This is awful. I have been looking forward to the day that I could see a Belladonna fronted Anthrax again. I was so happy in 05 whne thy did that dvd show with him. I imagined a totlaly kick ass record that was taking over 2 years to make would be released upon us by Belladonna and ANTHRAX.

Dreams crushed yet again.:mad:

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 10:00 AM

I liked Belladonna. And a good portion of his stuff. But the Bush era of Anthrax I liked better overall.

Why arent they going with Bush again?

Dan

Mood: Resist Control

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 10:14 AM

I vote Billy Milano. Then replace Frank Bello with Dan Lilker and then you've got a lineup...
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 10:22 AM

BUsh was angry from what I read before and felt left out/betrayed when they did that series of shows with Belladonna and Bush together.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 01:45 PM

I vote that SCOTT IAN sings and plays guitar!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
I liked Belladonna. And a good portion of his stuff. But the Bush era of Anthrax I liked better overall.

Why arent they going with Bush again?

I read an interview with him last year while the band was touring with Belladonna. He said he didn't know if he was even in the band anymore. They weren't saying yes, but they weren't saying no. He just said fuck it and put Armored Saint back together.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 02:45 PM

I vote they fucking retire.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 07:09 PM

Call it a day dudes.

MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
He just said fuck it and put Armored Saint back together.

Interesting...

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 08:05 AM

These strokes practice in a warehouse my friends band practices at in Chicago near Chinatown (no idea why Anthrax is in Chicago), they have a security guard on their level making sure no one loiters nearby.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-7-2007 at 08:35 PM

^Gay.

Go To Top