Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: FSU in Rolling Stone Magazine!
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 10:29 PM

i read the article and i though it was really well done and was pretty fair, telling both sides of the story and giving each side (pro/con FSU sides) a fair amount of time, really. good job RS in my opinion.

ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 8-19-2007 at 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hardtone
Well said, I agree. I?ve known some old school DMS guys like Scotty Banks & Kevone. They were stand up guys to me. I judge people on how they treat me not what they do to others. Some people back in the day deserved a DMS beat down and some probably didn?t, but that?s not my business.

Same with FSU, Alex Franklin I?ve known since 88 and was one of the only guys who stood by my old click Tri-State Crew when we battled white power fucks like Allentown Hammer Skins, ACS, & just random fucks who tried to bully kids at hardcore shows in PA, NJ, & MD.

Now Joe HC gets my respect for many reasons, and he gives respect back. I know FSU does dirt, but so did I back in the late 80?s early 90?s. Crews will always be associated with hardcore and we?ve all done stupid shit in our youth?

Exactly.
And we know, crews will always be associated with the streets. As certain hardcore (or at least, older hardcore, and some current) is a very street oriented form of music and lifestyle.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-19-2007 at 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x
Quote:
Well said, I agree. I?ve known some old school DMS guys like Scotty Banks & Kevone. They were stand up guys to me. I judge people on how they treat me not what they do to others. Some people back in the day deserved a DMS beat down and some probably didn?t, but that?s not my business.

Same with FSU, Alex Franklin I?ve known since 88 and was one of the only guys who stood by my old click Tri-State Crew when we battled white power fucks like Allentown Hammer Skins, ACS, & just random fucks who tried to bully kids at hardcore shows in PA, NJ, & MD.

Now Joe HC gets my respect for many reasons, and he gives respect back. I know FSU does dirt, but so did I back in the late 80?s early 90?s. Crews will always be associated with hardcore and we?ve all done stupid shit in our youth?

Exactly.
And we know, crews will always be associated with the streets. As certain hardcore (or at least, older hardcore, and some current) is a very street oriented form of music and lifestyle.

QFT both you guys.

I tell you this, when I started going to some shows in Philly Joe HxC made me feel welcome. That's for damn sure.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 8-19-2007 at 03:59 AM

I never met Joe but talked to him a bit when I tried to do a Punishment/Blacklisted mini tour of Canada. Punishment never made it across the border but I spent a couple days with Blacklisted. Joe was great over the phone, though asked if there would be any fights.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-19-2007 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
and we?ve all done stupid shit in our youth

so have i, but i never helped kill anyone over a t-shirt. nor did i threaten and intimidate bands into not playing a song, or at all.

2 very "nazi-like" trademarks.

if these dudes are so tough, where were they when the cops and paramedics were picking the lifeless body up off the ground? if you're tough/crazy enough to kill someone over a t-shirt, then stick around when the cops show up.

if these dudes are so cool, why do they engage in blatantly unfair fights? i have to wonder what these dudes act like if they get caught by themselves and someone shoves a gun in their face. do they talk as much shit as they do when all their buddies are around?

if these dudes are so great, why are they notorious for being the reason people stay home instead of going to shows?

i thought the article was pretty good. the "leader" dude claims that Alex guy didn't do it. so who's the monumental pussy that ran from the cops and is going to allegedly let this Alex guy take the fall?

Friends Stand United? sounds more like friends who scatter like chickenshit cockroaches.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-19-2007 at 10:51 PM

You're not trying to say theres hypocrisy involved in HC are you?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-19-2007 at 11:04 PM

cummon hardores all about unity and integrity and blahing
hardtone

[*] posted on 8-19-2007 at 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Murk
Quote:
and we?ve all done stupid shit in our youth

so have i, but i never helped kill anyone over a t-shirt. nor did i threaten and intimidate bands into not playing a song, or at all.

2 very "nazi-like" trademarks.

if these dudes are so tough, where were they when the cops and paramedics were picking the lifeless body up off the ground? if you're tough/crazy enough to kill someone over a t-shirt, then stick around when the cops show up.

if these dudes are so cool, why do they engage in blatantly unfair fights? i have to wonder what these dudes act like if they get caught by themselves and someone shoves a gun in their face. do they talk as much shit as they do when all their buddies are around?

if these dudes are so great, why are they notorious for being the reason people stay home instead of going to shows?

i thought the article was pretty good. the "leader" dude claims that Alex guy didn't do it. so who's the monumental pussy that ran from the cops and is going to allegedly let this Alex guy take the fall?

Friends Stand United? sounds more like friends who scatter like chickenshit cockroaches.

Well that is your experience, but I have beat someone pretty bad in my past and things could have took a turn for the worse. I?m not necessarily proud of all the things I did, but times were tuff back then, and some of the fights I was involved in could have caused people to die including myself.

I have been jumped before by a group of jocks that I thought at the time were going to kill me because I was a punk rock kid in 87. So I do understand what it?s like to get rolled (as we called it), luckily I still had my teeth after that.

I understand what you?re saying about jumping people, and I agree it is unnecessary most of the time. Sometimes in the heat of a situation things get out of control friends see others friends fight and they react based on their emotions.

People make stupid decisions, what else can I say, shit happens. I was there the night that kid died at Club Deep in Jersey. My band Hard Response was the last band that played before the cops shut the show down. It was awkward to be on stage knowing that someone died that night at the club. I didn?t see the actual fight, but when the paramedics arrived we knew something tragic happened.

All I can say is I?m no angel, but I did grow up and learn to pick my battles, and try to think before I throw a punch.

If I can change maybe other people can too?

Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-20-2007 at 12:08 AM

Quote:
Well that is your experience, but I have beat someone pretty bad in my past and things could have took a turn for the worse. I?m not necessarily proud of all the things I did, but times were tuff back then, and some of the fights I was involved in could have caused people to die including myself.

no doubt, but i've read about witnesses saying they heard the dead guy say "alright, we're leaving!" in more places than Rolling Stone.

dead people at hardcore shows just doesn't sit well with me.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 8-20-2007 at 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Murk
Quote:

no doubt, but i've read about witnesses saying they heard the dead guy say "alright, we're leaving!" in more places than Rolling Stone.

dead people at hardcore shows just doesn't sit well with me.

no disrespect meant but i don't think it really sits well with any of us. it puts a damper on the fact that most people go to shows at fun. i don't think Murk was defending what happened at Club Deep cause he doesn't know but is just pointing out what can be life, a life i've luckily not had to live. if i'm putting words in your guys' mouths, i apologize. that's not my intention.

hardtone

[*] posted on 8-20-2007 at 12:24 AM

It's bad for everyone, but unfortunately it?s not the first time for shit like this, and it?s not going to be the last. People can get killed just from stage diving; I remember an incident at an LOA show in the 90s. Some kid broke his neck or something like that; I forget the details surrounding that?

Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-20-2007 at 01:15 AM

Quote:
It's bad for everyone, but unfortunately it?s not the first time for shit like this, and it?s not going to be the last.

and this is what's burning me up. Dimebag gets shot on stage, Morrison gets killed over a shirt, an FSU dude gets killed in AZ. this is all recent. FUCK, the shows used to be the escape...

i never meant to imply that dead people at a hardcore show sits well with anyone, on here. internet or no internet, dead people at hardcore or metal shows was never a regular occurence, "way back when".
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-20-2007 at 06:11 AM

Quote:
It's bad for everyone, but unfortunately it?s not the first time for shit like this, and it?s not going to be the last. People can get killed just from stage diving; I remember an incident at an LOA show in the 90s. Some kid broke his neck or something like that; I forget the details surrounding that?

the one at the Revival when that thing fell on him?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-20-2007 at 06:14 AM

I remember being somewhat uneasy going to shows in high school because of the presence of AC Skins all the time. Some bad shit went down at a Bolt Thrower show in NJ that was just fucked. Those people were stomping anyone who got near that want with them.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top