Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Underage drinking
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-16-2007 at 05:26 PM
Underage drinking

I know most of youse have been drinking since you were teenagers, but goddamn it. It pisses me off when supposedly responsible adults let 16 year olds drink themselves silly.

I saw it this weekend at a wedding reception. Kid was barely able to stand, and the fucking bartender had apparently given him a few free shots! Dude doesn't even remotely look of age! Alot of people were lucky they didn't get jail time, heavy fines or lose jobs.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 8-16-2007 at 09:56 PM

I didnt start drinking till i was 18 but I was real responsible, I was never a total, sloppy mess. Now I can't get enough of the beer but always hold it down. I hate when dudes can't hold their alcohol.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-16-2007 at 09:58 PM

Just drives me nuts that a person that's responsible, supposedly, for another person's kid would let that shit happen.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-16-2007 at 10:45 PM

I started drinking when I was 11 and using hard drugs by time I was 16. My parents were either turning a blind eye to it all or not even noticing. I have much more of a grip on the things in my son's life and there's not going to be history repeating itself in my next generation.
copeyboy

Mood: Outspoken

[*] posted on 8-16-2007 at 11:03 PM

For sure, bro. I also took my first drink at 11 and turned to drugs by 13. I was also a violent kid who liked to fight a lot. I'm keeping a much closer eye on my daughter and what she does. By no means am I going to be stifling in my control, but I won't let her get into that crap without a fight.
Muttley

Mood: OVERKILL

[*] posted on 8-16-2007 at 11:10 PM

Been a lot of arrests in Westchester County (NY) for shit like this... lots of rich parents letting their kids get plastered at parties. Arresting the parents is the best move they could make.

Fuck irresponsible parents. Money or not, they should take their fucking kids away if they can't take care of them properly.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 06:41 PM

^Right on.

I was afraid I was just being a judgemental straight edge dick head. Maybe I am, but it's nice to see my concerns shared amongst you fellas.

crazyfists28
Posting Freak

Mood: dale watson

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 07:53 PM

my mom and dad felt that if they let us try beer, and by "try" I mean a sip of theirs, we as kids would not be as excited to try it as we became exposed to it. in some ways i think it worked because although i probably drink in excess by most people's standards, i didn't go crazy for it in high school when most were getting hammered every chance they got. it's a tough call. i don't think parents should be letting their kids and their friends get drunk no matter what.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 10:50 PM

Oddly enough, underage drinking is higher in countries where the legal age is lower. France, where legal age is 16, has the highest rate of soricis(sp?) of the liver.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 12:08 AM

All bets are off at weddings.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 12:28 PM

Yeah, unfortunately. Still, it's a whole different thing when a 16 year old kid walks up to the bartender, and it's NOT an open bar, and the chick just gives him a free shot.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-20-2007 at 04:36 PM

i didn't start drinking until i was in my 20s, but i totally agree with dave's point.
people that buy booze for their kids and their friends to consume are MORONS.
one of those underagers dies on the way home, guess who's liable.

that said, i don't think i'd be opposed to letting my kid take a sip or two at an early age.
my dad let me try chewing tobacco when i was little - i mean, like 5 or 6 'little' - and the memory of that nasty shit stays with me to this day.
i think his plan worked.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-20-2007 at 05:46 PM

^ Haha. That's like the dad that catches his kid smoking and then makes him smoke a whole pack chain style. Make you so sick you never touch it again. Haha.

Go To Top